Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think that was ever in the possibilities

I was kidding...hence the winky guy ;)

Glad these guys are close like brothers it bodes well for the future.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes it is but for 8-10 days a year he could find some extra help and bring his friend up to Buffalo if he had a deal especially with support from Bills.

New concourse vendor :)

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Do you believe that signing free agents is the only way for a team to improve from one year to the next?

Do you not believe it’s possible for internal improvement from young players to improve the team overall?

Josh Allen hasn’t stopped improving. Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds and AJ Epenesa are all young and could improve. Gabriel Davis, Zack Moss, and Cody Ford may all improve. The team as a whole may improve by virtue of better health, a full offseason, and continuity. Lastly, they still have three top 100 picks in the draft coming up.

I don’t disagree they need to improve in order to beat the Chiefs and make the Super Bowl. Who’s to say that adding big ticket free agents is the only way to do it? Who’s to say they won’t otherwise improve? Who’s to say they wouldn’t beat the Chiefs if the two teams played next Tuesday?

The Bills are returning essentially an entire roster that went 13-3 against a really tough schedule last year, and has many young players that haven’t peaked yet. I think people need to rein it in a bit with the “we’ll NEVER beat the Chiefs!” talk.

Agree. Im not Beane's greatest fan and don't worship every move he makes. But have to give him props here. I hope he does not come to regret the Milano contract. 

I would have favored a restructure for Brown but that is admittedly a bit sentimental too. Sanders should be a good replacement - great hands, a little more size, a little more healthy, and a little less speed.

The only other move I would have made is to sign a TE. I preferred Rudolph but he got paid more than his value. Honestly at this point bringing back Kroft would be fine.

On to the draft and some good young front 7 talent

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree. Im not Beane's greatest fan and don't worship every move he makes. But have to give him props here. I hope he does not come to regret the Milano contract. 

I would have favored a restructure for Brown but that is admittedly a bit sentimental too. Sanders should be a good replacement - great hands, a little more size, a little more healthy, and a little less speed.

The only other move I would have made is to sign a TE. I preferred Rudolph but he got paid more than his value. Honestly at this point bringing back Kroft would be fine.

On to the draft and some good young front 7 talent

I like Beane but his best draft pick in 2 years I believe is a kicker. 

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

We need our hyphenate.

And when I say hyphenate, I don't mean that he's a WR - gadget guy - returner.

I mean he re-signed. With a hyphen. 

Unless he decides to leave a job at some point, which would be resigning. I know, I know, who cares, right? But it's a whole different word.

Word nerd!

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

So far I agree. Knox still has a chance to be a star. I never wanted Oliver but I also think he could still get better.  Ford and Epenesa could still be very good. 

Gabriel Davis and Even Singletary had very good rookie years. We need them to become top players. Oliver, Ford, and Epenesa need to step up. 

This is how we beat the Chiefs and other top teams. We need these drafted players from 2019 and 2020 to do what Josh Allen did last year. Take a giant leap forward. Not all will become all pro, but we need someone to take a giant leap forward. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think Hollister is a pretty sneaky under-the-radar signing that will have a pretty significant impact... especially given the chemistry he and Allen already have carrying over from Wyoming

I agree with this, I live in Seahawks land and everyone I've talked to who follow the hawks like I do the bills has been saying we got a really undervalued weapon, dude can move in space, his hands are a little suspect but I loved this signing.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Word is that Hodgins we drafted last year that remained on the PS but got hurt was turning heads......and brings the big WR element.

Honestly.....our WR group overall isnt that old.....we have a couple of vets in Sanders and Beasely that are playing at a high level....Cole had his best year last year

Hodgins is a very intriguing player we have. I wonder if he sees any action this year.?

Anyone else feeling like Isaiah McKenzie is being criminally undervalued by the entire league?

I'm really stunned by the deal he just signed. Genuinely thought there would be a market for his skillset/potential. Is it a product of the cap pinch and consequent novel devaluation of FA WRs in particular? I'm not the only person who thought Li'l Dirty was headed for a much bigger payday than 1-yr/1.15M deal.

I'm curious where Spotrac projected his market value heading into the offseason? Anyone make note of that prior to his signing? Buffalo Rumblings actually nailed his value in this article: https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/2/15/22283858/2021-contract-projection-for-buffalo-bills-free-agent-receiver-returner-isaiah-mckenzie. Scary accurate. So maybe homerism is clouding my judgment. 

Maybe I'm biased by my beliefs that the Bills offense operated best when incorporating lateral pre- and post-snap motion and play-action (usually through #19), and that his disappearance (due to injury, primarily) in the playoffs played a major role in the offense's struggles. 

Admittedly, his career production is not impressive. But his potential on offense AND SPECIAL TEAMS is valuable. I'm relieved he re-signed.

• Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Anyone else feeling like Isaiah McKenzie is being criminally undervalued by the entire league?

I'm really stunned by the deal he just signed. Genuinely thought there would be a market for his skillset/potential. Is it a product of the cap pinch and consequent novel devaluation of FA WRs in particular? I'm not the only person who thought Li'l Dirty was headed for a much bigger payday than 1-yr/1.15M deal.

I'm curious where Spotrac projected his market value heading into the offseason? Anyone make note of that prior to his signing? Buffalo Rumblings actually nailed his value in this article: https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/2/15/22283858/2021-contract-projection-for-buffalo-bills-free-agent-receiver-returner-isaiah-mckenzie. Scary accurate. So maybe homerism is clouding my judgment. 

Maybe I'm biased by my beliefs that the Bills offense operated best when incorporating lateral pre- and post-snap motion and play-action (usually through #19), and that his disappearance (due to injury, primarily) in the playoffs played a major role in the offense's struggles. 

Admittedly, his career production is not impressive. But his potential on offense AND SPECIAL TEAMS is valuable. I'm relieved he re-signed.

Yes...I said the same thing earlier.. 

Although I note a quote from him that he accepted less money to stay with the Bills, which is surprising given size of the deal he has agreed...

I dont believe Spotrac did a Market Valuation for him... they dont do them for every free agent...

Anyway.. I hope he can get a decent payday one year...

• Like (+1) 1