Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

I still don’t get why he wasn’t utilized at all against KC, especially with the WR corps being banged up. He has proven to be effective when stepping in for Beasley and most importantly brings that much needed element of speed and open field elusiveness.  I’m not saying he would’ve tipped the scales in Buffalo’s favor but I think having him be actively involved in the game plan would’ve made more sense than trotting out injured players who couldn’t get any separation.  Especially with the pressure Josh was under, McKenzie RAC ability and the short passing game could’ve really helped open things up for the offense.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's amazing that the Bills are going to play 2021 with more or less the same roster they played in 2020.   Sanders is the only lineup change.   

That, of course, is not completely true.  Some rookie will break into the starting lineup, and some yet-to-be-signed free agent will play, too.  Maybe even a trade will happen.  

Still, it's going to be largely the same team.  

Amazing the faith they have in the D-line and the linebackers.  

Hopefully Ford is an upgrade at Guard on the OL and we'll actually have Mongo for the whole year.  Plus I think Hollister is a pretty sneaky under-the-radar signing that will have a pretty significant impact... especially given the chemistry he and Allen already have carrying over from Wyoming.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I still don’t get why he wasn’t utilized at all against KC, especially with the WR corps being banged up. He has proven to be effective when stepping in for Beasley and most importantly brings that much needed element of speed and open field elusiveness.  I’m not saying he would’ve tipped the scales in Buffalo’s favor but I think having him be actively involved in the game plan would’ve made more sense than trotting out injured players who couldn’t get any separation.  Especially with the pressure Josh was under, McKenzie RAC ability and the short passing game could’ve really helped open things up for the offense.

Because he was injured also.  None of the top 5 receivers were healthy.  He had leg issues and it was said he was having issues cutting.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I just saw Rondale Moore run a 4.29. I really like Mckenzie but Moore is the real deal. I'm drafting Moore if he's there in round 2, which isn't likely. 

He could sneak into the 1st round. I love him and would be fine with him at pick 30. If only to make sure the Chiefs don't get him. Moore is a risk with his injury history but the Bills need to take some risks on game changing talent.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He could sneak into the 1st round. I love him and would be fine with him at pick 30. If only to make sure the Chiefs don't get him. Moore is a risk with his injury history but the Bills need to take some risks on game changing talent.

I would be fine with this pick. My favorite player in the draft. 

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Unbelievably cheap deal...

Appears the rest of the league doesn’t value him which surprises me 

I thought for sure he’d get a better offer than that. Maybe he did and just wanted to stay but I 100% expected he’d get a multi year deal somewhere like Baltimore or Chicago. I don’t know anyone that could be upset getting him back at this price though. 

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I thought for sure he’d get a better offer than that. Maybe he did and just wanted to stay but I 100% expected he’d get a multi year deal somewhere like Baltimore or Chicago. I don’t know anyone that could be upset getting him back at this price though. 

I thought he would get an offer around 2 years for $5m...

I would be surprised if he would have turned it down but guess we won’t know one way or the other...

Great deal for the Bills ... hope he can continue to contribute 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

If he takes a couple to the house this year he’ll be looking at a much bigger deal next year. Glad he’s back!

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Because he was injured also.  None of the top 5 receivers were healthy.  He had leg issues and it was said he was having issues cutting.

I must’ve missed it, he wasn’t listed on the injury report for the game and I don’t remember hearing anything about him. I know Smoke was never the same following his injury, Beas and Davis were both severely hampered and Diggs was banged up but I don’t recall seeing or hearing anything about McKittrick.  You are probably right, especially on the 19th game of the season, I’m sure nobody is at 100% by then. He had to be better off than Beas and Davis tho who were both actually listed on the injury report.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How about editing your thread title and putting the hyphen in there where it belongs?

Well, the forum mods merged threads and gave it their own title without the hyphen, so they can handle it.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would be fine with this pick. My favorite player in the draft. 

Unfortunately he doesn't seem like a 1st round player for this regime. I'll be surprised if we don't draft an edge rusher or CB. Personally I would rather draft an explosive offensive player because I think those players will be off the board by time we pick in round 2.

4 hours ago, Rubes said:

...per this account, at least.

And He Himself has Said It, and It's Greatly To His Credit!

image.thumb.png.acd90748f7c71a3868724f4739bc3201.png

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Not sure if this has been talked about, but is his size and durability a concern as the main return man for a full season?  

It's a fair question since he's never been the main return man for a full season

And I don't know if they want him to be the main return man for a full season, this year

But it means Daboll keeps his "gadget guy" and also that we go into the draft with someone who can return punts on the roster, who is NOT named "Micah Hyde"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Capco said:

Not sure if this has been talked about, but is his size and durability a concern as the main return man for a full season?  

I have some doubts that he will be the main return man this season, given his ball security issues.  I could see them trying some other guys out to fill that role.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have some doubts that he will be the main return man this season, given his ball security issues.  I could see them trying some other guys out to fill that role.

I know he had fumbling issues when he came into the league... but per here, his last fumble was in 2018. Ball security is something guys can improve 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, junior12thman92 said:

I know he had fumbling issues when he came into the league... but per here, his last fumble was in 2018. Ball security is something guys can improve 🤷‍♂️

I don't disagree with the idea that he can improve ball security. But beyond fumbles, he has a track record of a lot of muffs and bad decisions, as best as I recall.  In the one game when he returned kicks for us this past year, he almost fumbled the punt that he ended up returning for a TD, and badly misplayed another one that almost resulted in the ball hitting him and a turnover. That had to give the coaches a bit of heart burn. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Rubes said:

Dude basically paused in the middle of a punt return and was still able to re-accelerate and outrun the coverage team coming at him from behind.

Meh, don’t read too much into it. They weren’t playing for much cause their playoff trip was already locked in....