Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Show me where Smoke made a catch in traffic.....and go back and watch how he did against man press coverage in the playoffs

Sanders has an over 70 percent win rate against press man coverage

Yup this....Smoke had decent hands, but Sanders is damn near automatic all the time. Also runs routes just as good as Smoke, or maybe better possibly.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

He's loved being a part of the team, and that makes me happy to see a guy who has a defined role and *could* do even more want to be with this team as it continues ascent to the top of the NFL. I too think he should be given KR / PR duties given how well he did in his limited opportunities. Also, I might be a good Slot WR, quick twitch-speed option for the Offense. The Draft can add size at WR plus Davis and Hodgins are already good value sized WRs. 

What’s your 40 time? Can you run a Post?

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So far we have a net loss of speed on offense. How will they improve?

McKenzie adds speed.  And Sanders will be jsut as effective in speed as Smoke was, since Smoke was hurt.  I expect more speed to be added on defense. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yup, why I mentioned earlier that it's not automatic he will be the one returning kicks, yet anyways...

I'm sure he will be the yardstick which the others who compete will be measured by.

I seen him fumble as a rookie here in Broncoland but punt returns is a skill set that sometimes needs to be learned.

They have to focus on the ball and not the gunners.

Isaiah has been shagging punts as the 2nd for a couple of years now in Buffalo.

I will say a CB that can return punts is a desirable draft selection if I'm Beane! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

In 2017 he had 21 punt returns, 3 KO returns and 3 passes caught.  Those possessions accounted for 6 fumbles.  I think they might have all been on the punt returns.

As I said earlier ball security is my biggest concern on returns. It is something you can improve. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It is pretty well known that Beane has wanted Sanders for a while....it would not shock me to see Sanders signed to a extension after this year.....they are just being frugal.

I get that, but he’s also 34 years old. His career is winding down. 

35 minutes ago, wjag said:

I found it interesting to hear Beane joke that maybe Josh would give him a "hometown discount."  Up until this point, I thought that was just something us fans said/thought/hoped for.

That's exactly what it is.  Beane knows it's a joke.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm sure he will be the yardstick which the others who compete will be measured by.

I seen him fumble as a rookie here in Broncoland but punt returns is a skill set that sometimes needs to be learned.

They have to focus on the ball and not the gunners.

Isaiah has been shagging punts as the 2nd for a couple of years now in Buffalo.

I will say a CB that can return punts is a desirable draft selection if I'm Beane! 

Yeah I'd assume his name will be in the hat for sure.  I remember back then too when he returned kicks.  They would bring up how fast he was and all that a lot. With as much improvement he has shown, hopefully that part of his game also improved.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

definitely a good role player that’s familiar and comfortable. Totally fine with him deep in the depth chart and still being able to make a few plays 

Nice having the backup slot WR that knows the offense back as well.   He performed admirably in place of Beasley.....who takes a beating.

Also like that having the gadget/slot/return guy in place allows them to not have to reach past a better all-around WR in the draft to get one of those.

• Thank you (+1) 1

While I think it's fair to say we could do with more speed in the RB group, where a lack of speed hurt us most, was on D.

The Bills just fielded one of the most potent offenses they have ever had, and have managed to bring back/keep together, all of the most critical pieces, and some aren't happy about it. Lmao.

For sure, there are improvements that can be made - and the addition of Sanders, imho, is one - but don't forget the old adage 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

As I said earlier ball security is my biggest concern on returns. It is something you can improve

Agreed, he has really been a surprise as of late and clearly worked his ass off while making himself a weapon that teams have to be very aware of. Not sure how much time he got chance to work on that particular part of his game. But if he does turn out to be the main guy that's back there, I'd assume in that case he has also shown (to the coaches at least) that he also improved that part and is reliable enough they trust him.

I'm honestly SUPER stoked about this!

I know he's our 5th WR... but he'll also almost certainly take Roberts's place as our punt and kick return guy.  Hopefully over the years he's learned to secure the ball a little better... but other than that I think he won't be much worse than Roberts.  Plus Daboll can use him as the motion/gadget guy in our offense.

• Like (+1) 1