Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Nice perspective here...

In a perfect world you want to dress 5 WRs on gameday.  The reason the Bills dressed 6 was Andre Roberts.

If McKenzie can keep a handle on Punts 5 will be the number.  Kickoffs can be returned by a lot of guys.

He's loved being a part of the team, and that makes me happy to see a guy who has a defined role and *could* do even more want to be with this team as it continues ascent to the top of the NFL. I too think he should be given KR / PR duties given how well he did in his limited opportunities. Also, he might be a good Slot WR, quick twitch-speed option for the Offense. The Draft can add size at WR plus Davis and Hodgins are already good value sized WRs. 

Edit: "I" am definitively, unequivocally NOT a good Slot WR, but "HE" might be....

Edited by BigBuff423

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

He definitely showed an ability to make the jump to legitimate NFL playmaker last year.  Really nice WR group with Diggs, Beasley, Davis, Sanders, McKenzie and Hodgins.  Have to imagine they will give him the opportunity to be KR/PR?..

I don't think we know yet if Hodgins can play......

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

We shall see.  I just don't know how we are expected to improve if we are just brining back all the same players.

I hope he doesn't make the team, just because that means we upgraded what he could bring us in the draft.  I really want an player that can stretch the field.  We are running out of spots on the 51, so I thought Isiah's was a spot that could have been upgraded to bring in a guy to do it all, not just touch the ball 3 times a game.

Thank you. The inconvenient truth. Everyone seems to be forgetting why we lost to the Chiefs. They said we need to improve our speed, but it's only gotten slightly worse by replacing Brown with Sanders. We need dynamic weapons to go blow for blow with Tyreek Hill.

• Eyeroll 2

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

In a perfect world you want to dress 5 WRs on gameday.  The reason the Bills dressed 6 was Andre Roberts.

If McKenzie can keep a handle on Punts 5 will be the number.  Kickoffs can be returned by a lot of guys.

With as many 4 WR sets the Bills run I am not sure if they would want to do that or not...1 injury and you are in jeopardy of not being able to run 4 WR

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

So far we have a net loss of speed on offense. How will they improve?

I want to see some speed in the RB group.   But that's me.

I know Hollister at TE is a long shot but at least speed is his big weapon.

Just now, Big Turk said:

With as many 4 WR sets the Bills run I am not sure if they would want to do that or not...1 injury and you are in jeopardy of not being able to run 4 WR

5-1=4?  McKenzie was in most of the 4 WR sets.  It was Roberts who sat out.

51 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I ought to know better, but when I saw the post the first thing I thought of was "Isaiah McKenzie retired? Is it because of concussion risk, etc."

Glad to see that missing hyphen didn't mean anything like that.

Me too that's why I was being a smart ass and commented that.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are going to have that same worry except for a guy like Patterson.....a. rookie would also scare us there.

I will take a vet that has shown he has been good for us.

Yeah that's true. Hyde is definitely reliable catching the kicks, however, I would hope he's not the one doing it. Just too important to the D. Personally I was in the camp that hoped they could figure a way to keep Roberts. But kinda knew it wasn't likely.

But yeah, will be one of those things that will get ya worried at times no matter the replacement unless it's a player like you mentioned that's known for it. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the off season goes. Not 100% that McK will be doing it yet either. So will see.

I can't really remember a season where we retained so many players. Except for Brown, they really kept all of the pieces together.

Glad we kept McKenzie, too - he's pretty versatile, and speedy.  I like how Daboll utilizes his skills (and, of course, he's an excellent returner).

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Body of work? The guy was a rookie. Mckenzie is so much better now than he was when he 1st arrived in Buffalo. Much more confident player. You can see the improvement all around as a WR. He hasn't had to return the ball much though so we'll see. 

In 2017 he had 21 punt returns, 3 KO returns and 3 passes caught.  Those possessions accounted for 6 fumbles.  I think they might have all been on the punt returns.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I can't really remember a season where we retained so many players. Except for Brown, they really kept all of the pieces together.

Glad we kept McKenzie, too - he's pretty versatile, and speedy.  I like how Daboll utilizes his skills (and, of course, he's an excellent returner).

Kinda looks like what the Bucs did