Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

we can assume he turned down top dollar to take a hometown deal

I found it interesting to hear Beane joke that maybe Josh would give him a "hometown discount."  Up until this point, I thought that was just something us fans said/thought/hoped for.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Definitely agree with what you said. Also the biggest strength of our team was Josh and the WRs last season so I hope we keep investing in the passing game. A weapon like Toney gives you elite versatility, YAC, and speed. We have bigger 'needs' elsewhere on the roster, but I think he would make our offense unstoppable. 

I think this team is looking at trying to get a piece that makes an immediate impact in an area of need at pick 30, I don’t see WR being that area. Maybe at pick 62 they dip into building the depth and future of the team but at pick 30 I think the team tries to find an impact piece. I don’t think WR is very likely at pick 30 possible but highly unlikely.

35 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

His body of work as a returner (punts mostly) was horrible as a Bronco and it probably got him released.  The Bills have not let him do enough returns to make me confident in having him take over as their primary guy.  

Yeah that touchdown last year in the few opportunites he got really sucked

Just now, John from Riverside said:

It is pretty well known that Beane has wanted Sanders for a while....it would not shock me to see Sanders signed to a extension after this year.....they are just being frugal.

Yeah, loved smoke and what he done for the Bills and Allen. But honestly really excited to see Sanders with Diggs and Beasley. Those 3 alone have some of the best hands, if not the best in the league.

31 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I'd say Diggs should still qualify as young but maybe I'm wrong. 

Word is that Hodgins we drafted last year that remained on the PS but got hurt was turning heads......and brings the big WR element.

Honestly.....our WR group overall isnt that old.....we have a couple of vets in Sanders and Beasely that are playing at a high level....Cole had his best year last year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

No question he has definitely improved. But not sure about as a returner specifically. Hasn't really done it too much to tell really, unless he got a lot of reps in practice and whatnot that I'm not aware of.

As a WR and pretty much all around player, yes absolutely an improvement. Just not sure about the KR-PR role yet.

My biggest worry with returners is ball security. Always. So we'll find out. Brings back a memory of Wade Phillips describing Chris Watson as a "Punt Catcher", not a punt returner. How many people remember that one? 

• Like (+1) 2

Hopefully a team friendly deal. Im glad to bring him back. Hopefully that means no gadget guy in the early rounds of the draft. Something tells me were looking at another defensive approach....

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My biggest worry with returners is ball security. Always. So we'll find out. Brings back a memory of Wade Phillips describing Chris Watson as a "Punt Catcher", not a punt returner. How many people remember that one? 

Exactly. Mine also. That's what I mean with him. No question he is fast and can break away. Just not sure how the ball security is with him as the returner. Also not written in stone that he will definitely play that role all the time.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Word is that Hodgins we drafted last year that remained on the PS but got hurt was turning heads......and brings the big WR element.

Honestly.....our WR group overall isnt that old.....we have a couple of vets in Sanders and Beasely that are playing at a high level....Cole had his best year last year

Yeah I read the same last year during training camp.... things looking good at WR.

1. Diggs 

2. Beasley

3. Sanders

4. Davis

5. McKenzie (Kick/Punt Returner)

6. Hodgins

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mr. K said:

Hopefully a team friendly deal. Im glad to bring him back. Hopefully that means no gadget guy in the early rounds of the draft. Something tells me were looking at another defensive approach....

You know its team friendly....this is Beane we are talking about

What I am wondering is how Beane sold McK on staying......I am thinking still gadget guy that gets a lot of work AND our returner (I dont care what he did in Denver....he has been awesome for us in the limited opportunities he has gotten)

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's looking like CB round 1 is great value. 

Big Nickle is looking very likely to me......but I am not ruling out LB....it really depends on who drops

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

We shall see.  I just don't know how we are expected to improve if we are just brining back all the same players.

I hope he doesn't make the team, just because that means we upgraded what he could bring us in the draft.  I really want an player that can stretch the field.  We are running out of spots on the 51, so I thought Isiah's was a spot that could have been upgraded to bring in a guy to do it all, not just touch the ball 3 times a game.

Welp, it took 5 pages, but this was expected.. 

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Welcome back McKittrick!

Too bad we couldn’t add Fitzgerald instead of Twitch Murbisky.

• Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

While exciting I don't trust him back there returning punts.... and I don't think McD does either. He's a threat to muff/fumble the ball on every return. 

I was wondering how you were gonna take a dump on this. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Exactly. Mine also. That's what I mean with him. No question he is fast and can break away. Just not sure how the ball security is with him as the returner. Also not written in stone that he will definitely play that role all the time.

We are going to have that same worry except for a guy like Patterson.....a. rookie would also scare us there.

I will take a vet that has shown he has been good for us.