Isaiah Mckenzie Re-signed!!

Rubes

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

We need our hyphenate.

And when I say hyphenate, I don't mean that he's a WR / gadget guy / returner.

I mean he re-signed. With a hyphen. 

Unless he decides to leave a job at some point, which would be resigning.

Oh I thought you meant to reflect his proper name...

Isaiah McKitrick-McKenzie 

Glad they resigned him but depending on the draft, his spot on the final roster isn’t necessarily a lock. If the Bills were to draft someone like Ihmir Smith Marsette, WR at Iowa, he does everything McKenzie does but is bigger and most likely cheaper. Camp should be very competitive this year!

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t think Beane is eliminating the possibility of using a late 1st on a WR just because of what he gave up to get Diggs. 

WRs typically don’t put up big numbers as rookies. Wouldn’t be a bad idea to take on in the first few rounds to develop behind vets like Beasley, Sanders and Diggs rather than just throwing them in the fire because we have nobody else. 

All will be revealed next month!  LOL.

As to "because we have nobody else"  I wouldn't worry about that.  As long as Josh is throwing the ball receivers will be knocking

the door down to come to Buffalo.

22 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Not necessarily, a WR at any round is still in play given Beasley's and Sanders age. Kadarius Toney would be a great option at 30 and locks in your WR group as a top 3 group for 2 to 3 years

Definitely agree with what you said. Also the biggest strength of our team was Josh and the WRs last season so I hope we keep investing in the passing game. A weapon like Toney gives you elite versatility, YAC, and speed. We have bigger 'needs' elsewhere on the roster, but I think he would make our offense unstoppable. 

Beane is never done, 👍

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TFBillsfan said:

Glad they resigned him but depending on the draft, his spot on the final roster isn’t necessarily a lock. If the Bills were to draft someone like Ihmir Smith Marsette, WR at Iowa, he does everything McKenzie does but is bigger and most likely cheaper. Camp should be very competitive this year!

I think you’re right. 

I also think he ends up making the final roster... but his spot isn’t guaranteed. He said in an interview the same thing happened to him last year. They like him... but keep pushing him harder to earn this back of the roster spot. 

Fits the whole competition everywhere mantra. 

22 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

His body of work as a returner (punts mostly) was horrible as a Bronco and it probably got him released.  The Bills have not let him do enough returns to make me confident in having him take over as their primary guy.  

This is why I don't know what to expect with him, as far as being a returner. Hope he has gotten a lot better since then. Not for certain he will take over as K/R-P/R though.

Have to see what happens. Lot of off season left.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

I think they need a bigger body back there to return punts and kickoffs.  Glad he's back.  He knows the offense and is a useful cog.  Go get a bigger body to take the wear and tear of return duties.  I think spot duty or change of pace is fine occasionally, but someone dedicated to the spot is what I believe is needed.  How about last year's receiver?  Hodgins?  He's 6-3, 201lbs

Edited by wjag

We shall see.  I just don't know how we are expected to improve if we are just brining back all the same players.

I hope he doesn't make the team, just because that means we upgraded what he could bring us in the draft.  I really want an player that can stretch the field.  We are running out of spots on the 51, so I thought Isiah's was a spot that could have been upgraded to bring in a guy to do it all, not just touch the ball 3 times a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

We shall see.  I just don't know how we are expected to improve if we are just brining back all the same players.

I hope he doesn't make the team, just because that means we upgraded what he could bring us in the draft.  I really want an player that can stretch the field.  We are running out of spots on the 51, so I thought Isiah's was a spot that could have been upgraded to bring in a guy to do it all, not just touch the ball 3 times a game.

The Bills need a PR/KR.  He showed that he can do that in the Miami game.  He also played WR and sort of RB.  Remember they are getting Hodgins back.  Thats like a free draft pick.  Trust the process. 

11 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

I think he is pretty safe....there is still one WR position open when compared to last year, Roberts replacement...which could be McKenzie filling that role of returner.   I would not rule it out but I think WR will not be a high draft priority this year.

25 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

His body of work as a returner (punts mostly) was horrible as a Bronco and it probably got him released.  The Bills have not let him do enough returns to make me confident in having him take over as their primary guy.  

Body of work? The guy was a rookie. Mckenzie is so much better now than he was when he 1st arrived in Buffalo. Much more confident player. You can see the improvement all around as a WR. He hasn't had to return the ball much though so we'll see. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Body of work? The guy was a rookie. Mckenzie is so much better now than he was when he 1st arrived in Buffalo. Much more confident player. You can see the improvement all around as a WR. He hasn't had to return the ball much though so we'll see. 

No question he has definitely improved. But not sure about as a returner specifically. Hasn't really done it too much to tell really, unless he got a lot of reps in practice and whatnot that I'm not aware of.

As a WR and pretty much all around player, yes absolutely an improvement. Just not sure about the KR-PR role yet.

44 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not so sure. Sanders is only here for a year and Beasley isn’t getting any younger. 

We have Davis and not much else in terms of young WR talent. 

It is pretty well known that Beane has wanted Sanders for a while....it would not shock me to see Sanders signed to a extension after this year.....they are just being frugal.