Another week, another mass murder

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Who has committed a mass killing with a video game.? At least make decent arguments. 

Those guns are made made to kill people. Sue the sh it out of those companies! 

All the misery and death those those things are causing, and you people are just l8ke, oh well, no ones fault. Screw that. 

A .22, ya right 

Video game comment was sarcasm and I would have hoped you had noticed that.

Most any gun made can kill a person... including 3-D made weapons. Pop guns and cap guns usually don't. If you don't think a .22 round can kill a person you are out of the loop.

Again, a gun just sitting there does absolutely nothing... until someone picks it up. I have a 9mm sitting six feet away and I'm not worried that it is going to suddenly jump up and shoot me. 

8 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Two legally purchased weapons of mass destruction used to slaughter eight people, wound several more and hurt countless family member's lives, yet the families can't sue the manufacturers of these weapons of mass killing? 

That's insane. Change the law! 

So had he used a baseball bat would you be advocating for litigation against Louisville Slugger? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Who has committed a mass killing with a video game.? At least make decent arguments. 

All the misery and death those those things are causing, and you people are just l8ke, oh well, no ones fault. Screw that. 

A .22, ya right 

If they were made to kill people on what grounds is your suit?  🙄

A .22, ya right 

No one’s fault?  Seriously??  The dude who pulled the *****en trigger. What is the matter with you?  

• Agree 1

As reported in the NY Post, a teen who was caught in the Times Square subway station with an AK 47 was defended by his lawyer who said " he was confused about the NY gun laws". 

Hmmmmmm. Somehow I think the point was missed. 

14 hours ago, T&C said:

Most any gun made can kill a person... including 3-D made weapons. Pop guns and cap guns usually don't. If you don't think a .22 round can kill a person you are out of the loop.

Again, a gun just sitting there does absolutely nothing... until someone picks it up. I have a 9mm sitting six feet away and I'm not worried that it is going to suddenly jump up and shoot me. 

A .22 can kill a person, sure. But there is a reason this mass killing are not being done by them. 

Again, let the victims have their day in court. Let them sue the companies that are putting this mass killing machines out on the street 

13 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So had he used a baseball bat would you be advocating for litigation against Louisville Slugger? 

That's so stupid. Is a ball bat made to kill people? 

15 hours ago, Tiberius said:

A .22, ya right 

^^^

14 hours ago, T&C said:

Actually, I think that there's some evidence that connects the amount of violent realistic video games as well as violent movie/tv content individuals play or watch to their likelihood for violence.  Notice I said "connects" not "causes".  It may be that people who are prone to violence are drawn to violent entertainment content. 

A .22 can kill a person, sure. But there is a reason this mass killing are not being done by them. 

Again, let the victims have their day in court. Let them sue the companies that are putting this mass killing machines out on the street 

That's so stupid. Is a ball bat made to kill people? 

In the case of the fedex killer I believe there is liability. The Feds knew this kids was so disturbed his weapon was confiscated. His mother knew he was suicidal. Then he allegedly purchased the guns used afterwards. 

in this case the families should absolutely have the right and I hope they do sue the federal and local government agency that allowed this to happen. If there were negligent acts along the way that allowed this to happen, there should be firings and perhaps charges brought. 

Thousands of murders per year in the US, most committed with a gun of some type. We don’t need a pause on legal gun owners, but rather a crackdown on crime with strict sentences. We need to get tougher on crime, not softer. Libs have pushed wimpy crime policies and violent crime is not surprisingly on the upswing. In addition, guns are legal and they are used to kill. The manufacturer is not at fault, but rather their shooter and then possibly the family was negligent. It was probably clear before this kid was 18 that he should be placed in a mental health facility. Of course, with libs it’s always everyone else’s fault except the individual and possibly their family. The government or a corporation failed and the perp is the victim. 

• Agree 1

the proliferation of gun violence in this country is untenable. I don't have any answers as to how to help reduce them really. While I agree that a gun cannot pull its own trigger, it indeed is a person responsible for the actual act of violence. The fact that there are such strong lobbies for gun advocate rights and the rabid defense of near any attempt to reduce the availability of rapid fire weapons that are used in a lot of these mass shootings does in my opinion put the country and public in general at more risk. Risk vs reward ratio, personal right to bear arms vs the right for joe public to not be shot while at their grocery store or school. Mental illness clearly is at play and the guns aren't choosing to be owned or handled by mentally sick or otherwise disturbed individuals.  I wish I knew how to reduce gun violence, and alleviate mental illness, identify it and attempt to keep guns out of those peoples hands.....It almost seems to me like a chicken vs the egg type scenario. Circle logic and reasoning going round and round over and over......I don't know the answer. All I do know is the world we live in seems to be getting more perilous rather than less with all our technological advances. Ultimately as a Christian at least I have the security of knowing where I will be going to spend eternity if I should ever be a victim of such violence. Come Lord Jesus come. This word needs you desperately.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/us-news/14903733/trailer-park-birthday-party-shooting-colorado-springs-seven-dead/

PARTY SLAUGHTER 

Colorado Springs shooting: Gunman ‘killed girlfriend & 5 guests in front of scared kids before turning gun on himself’

oh oh oh...wait a minute

forget these ones are not white guys...never mind, move along nothing to see here.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Another Colorado mass-shooting that - like the one in Boulder - was dropped by the MSM like a hot rock (for obvious reasons).
https://www.denverpost.com/...

"Shooter Teodoro Macias murdered people at a birthday party because he wasn't invited."

To a lefty this is obviously way more acceptable than having ya know severe mental issues, duh.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, Unforgiven said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/us-news/14903733/trailer-park-birthday-party-shooting-colorado-springs-seven-dead/

PARTY SLAUGHTER 

Colorado Springs shooting: Gunman ‘killed girlfriend & 5 guests in front of scared kids before turning gun on himself’

oh oh oh...wait a minute

forget these ones are not white guys...never mind, move along nothing to see here.

Amazing that the NYC shooter was arrested without incident ie he was taken alive. I thought that only happened with white suspects. Also amazing how many times the lamestream media stressed that he “ meant “ to shoot his brother. That makes the whole thing acceptable, ya know? I never once heard him referred to as a “ black man”. 98% of the media are an outright fraud. Just propaganda. 

• Agree 1