Another week, another mass murder

On 3/23/2021 at 8:11 AM, Backintheday544 said:

Rarely happens in the UK with strict gun laws, no one on the right ever mentions that.

Rare in Australia which has strict gun laws, don’t see you mention that.

So criminals obey laws ? Damn, murder should be unheard of as it’s against the law. How about enforce existing laws, be extremely tough on crime by locking criminals up for long periods of time , and quit worrying about law abiding citizens doing what they are constitutionally allowed to do. Things such as bearing arms. 

On 4/11/2021 at 4:16 PM, Boatdrinks said:

So criminals obey laws ? Damn, murder should be unheard of as it’s against the law. How about enforce existing laws, be extremely tough on crime by locking criminals up for long periods of time , and quit worrying about law abiding citizens doing what they are constitutionally allowed to do. Things such as bearing arms. 

The US already has the greatest percentage of citizens in jail in the world. Increasing that number may help, but it does show a societal problem that needs to be understood. 

On 4/1/2021 at 11:39 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah the altleftsheep ‘know’ AR stands for assault rifle.  Probably a poor marketing choice or just unforeseen outcome by ArmaLite but your call out is appropriate. 

it’s not their fault. They are low functioning sycophants that can’t see past the rouse they are getting sold. 

I tend to pity them more than anything. It’s gotta feel oppressive to literally have your own thoughts predetermined for you by some political agenda. 

Then what is the solution? Status quo is not working!

54 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The beat goes on.  Eight dead in a Fed Ex facility in a mass shooting in Indianapolis.  The gunman killed himself when confronted by police.

Police responded just after 11 p.m. to reports of shots fired. Upon arriving at the facility, officers came in contact with an active shooter, police said. The gunman then apparently killed himself.

The authorities were still working to confirm the identities of the shooter and the victims.

Eight victims were pronounced dead at the scene. Five people were taken to hospitals, including one person in critical condition, police said. Two others were treated at the scene.

As investigators search for a motive, Indianapolis Deputy Police Chief Craig McCartt said the shooting “wasn’t precipitated by any kind of a disturbance or an argument.”

It was the fifth mass shooting in the United States in as many weeks, following massacres at three spas in metro Atlanta; a supermarket in Boulder, Colo.; a Southern California office building; and a private residence in South Carolina.

Despite the pandemic, 2020 was the deadliest year for U.S. gun violence in at least two decades.

43 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

The US already has the greatest percentage of citizens in jail in the world. Increasing that number may help, but it does show a societal problem that needs to be understood. 

Then what is the solution? 

The three biggest commonalities of going to jail- male, no father figures, and "wrong" zip code. If you have all three your chances of going to jail are very high. If you are my daughter it is basically 0. We can't fix the male part, we can fix the zip code thing a little bit but the lack of father's is a hard one to tackle. I truly think you mean well but unless we are going to combat the largest indicators we are tilting at windmills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The three biggest commonalities of going to jail- male, no father figures, and "wrong" zip code. If you have all three your chances of going to jail are very high. If you are my daughter it is basically 0. We can't fix the male part, we can fix the zip code thing a little bit but the lack of father's is a hard one to tackle. I truly think you mean well but unless we are going to combat the largest indicators we are tilting at windmills.

Then how do you combat it? Zip code = poverty, drugs, gangs, single parent families, education challenges, high density, ???

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You made the ignorant claim and got called on it. Ignorant! 

you recall a couple shootings ago where it was reported as a white guy and turned out to be the syrian guy?  all the buzz because he wasn't killed and it's "always a white guy".  is your memory that short?   

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You made the ignorant claim and got called on it. Ignorant! 

I could give two shitts about the ethnicity of the suspect - I continue to focus on the need for sensible gun legislation.

Gun nuts focus on the ethnicity to deter the discussion of further gun legislation.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I could give two shitts about the ethnicity of the suspect - I continue to focus on the need for sensible gun legislation.

Gun nuts focus on the ethnicity to deter the discussion of further gun legislation.

i also do not care about his race.  i'm pointing out how cnn will run the story like crazy if it's a white guy but if it's a minority the story dies that day.  

53 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Then how do you combat it? Zip code = poverty, drugs, gangs, single parent families, education challenges, high density, ???

It is the cycle that someone in the family must break. You can look all around but good parents make the largest difference. I have poor students with great parents who are going places and rich students with parents who kowtow to their every wish, who are going to have issues. You can't force parents to be good and schools have little recourse otherwise.

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

i also do not care about his race.  i'm pointing out how cnn will run the story like crazy if it's a white guy but if it's a minority the story dies that day.  

It shouldn't matter, and yet you can almost guess from the media reaction - info leaks it's a white guy

..story breaks in minutes or hours...if it's a black guy they hold back for as long as possible.

Very odd it's not on yahoo.com at all.

The media is flat out dishonest and stokes discord in the US.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

CNN’s Ana Cabrera reported that the suspect, Brandon Scott Hole, was on authorities’ radar before the mass shooting. “Authorities were warned about FedEx suspect’s potential for violence in the past, sources say,” she wrote on Twitter. “The suspect in the Indianapolis mass shooting was known to federal and local authorities prior to the attack.”

Intelligence is useless unless acted upon.