Another week, another mass murder

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Clearly you've never seen me hunt.

One quick thing to ponder is that muskets were considered military grade weapons at the time the constitution was written.  The founding fathers could've outlawed them when writing the constitution or passed an amendment soon after.  That tells me they wanted citizens to match whatever arms a rogue government possessed.   It's foolish to think they weren't aware that there wouldn't be rapid advancements in weapon technology. 

Trying to justify walking the streets or fields with assault weapons based on 250 year old writings in too much to accept when citizens are bringing killed far too often.

14 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

to have a debate you should be knowledgeable of what it is your debating to a degree. 

what is?

military powerful weapons in the assault range?

it would be a good start to define a broad statement like that since it is meaningless to people that have knowledge.

im not a expert at all but a basic knowledge is a good start and the definition you gave above kinda shows you should look into what it is your even asking for.

id start with the difference between what is auto and semi auto and which weapons can have these options. that may be what you want banned, if not what is it you even want? evil people to stop doing evil things or a ban on most every gun you can select including hand guns that you seem to think are a better option.

IMHO no need for auto or semi auto for sport or target. They are name fir killing and destruction.

18 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Trying to justify walking the streets or fields with assault weapons based on 250 year old writings in too much to accept when citizens are bringing killed far too often.

IMHO no need for auto or semi auto for sport or target. They are name fir killing and destruction.

sport and target, what about defense?

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

You are right, not a gun owner but my thoughts are based on the present situation as being unacceptable and getting worse.

I understand hunting, targets shooting, property and family defense. What I believe must happen in end the possibility of military powerful weapons in the assault range, overpowering the population. Hand gun to hand gun these mass shooting end...even a nut hasn't got the guts to face mobs when he doesn't gave a decided advantage in weapons.

IMHO

I am not trying yk force anything, just trying to have a debate that doesn't start and end with either full gun ban, or It is my right by the constitution.

It’s come to this.

Send me you address, and publish your 40 speed.  I need only have one more gun than you in the event it comes to it, and just a step faster if the full on zombie apocalypse befalls us. 

Its not personal etc etc.  

Btw, these nuts are by definition nuts, so I think you’re wrong on the gun v gun issue. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

sport and target, what about defense?

Defence for the army as they were designed. However, as I said, the opposite to a ban is to allow everyone to carry any gun they want. Then Marshall Dillon would have an issue. If you can't the gangs and nuts from carrying, join em.

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s come to this.

Send me you address, and publish your 40 speed.  I need only have one more gun than you in the event it comes to it, and just a step faster if the full on zombie apocalypse befalls us. 

Its not personal etc etc.  

Btw, these nuts are by definition nuts, so I think you’re wrong on the gun v gun issue. 

You don't need 1 more gun, just an AK vs hand gun..sorry, border is closed.

‘Bad Girls Club’ cast member Deshayla Harris among Virginia Beach shooting victims: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bad-girls-club-cast-member-deshayla-harris-among-virginia-beach-shooting-victims-reports

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

three separate shooters but hardly any action on Twitter about it. Why?

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, B-Man said:

Two more episodes.........doesn't seem to be national news as such.....................I wonder why ? 🤔

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

‘Bad Girls Club’ cast member Deshayla Harris among Virginia Beach shooting victims: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bad-girls-club-cast-member-deshayla-harris-among-virginia-beach-shooting-victims-reports

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

three separate shooters but hardly any action on Twitter about it. Why?

Those aren't the right kind of shootings ...............to the Left.

15 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Defence for the army as they were designed. However, as I said, the opposite to a ban is to allow everyone to carry any gun they want. Then Marshall Dillon would have an issue. If you can't the gangs and nuts from carrying, join em.

You don't need 1 more gun, just an AK vs hand gun..sorry, border is closed.

your wrong. auto is military. offense and defensive. that is already banned. you seem to want to ban semi auto as well. so there are specific guns for specific uses. you want bolt action for home defense, simply putting people at a major disadvantage in a home invasion break in. defense. like i was asking.

so again what is it you want? gun setting, auto, mag limits, attachments/bump stocks silencers ect are illegal in the country or some version in states that have highest gun crime. there is zero idea of people "allowing anyone to carry any gun they want", that's never been a alternative.

you need to look into this and learn more before you take a stance on others rights. states and needs are vastly different. one size will not fit all and federally they are suggesting it works like this. you should be specific, banning "assault" weopons seriously means nothing!  yet that what is spit out with people believing there is a big difference in weopons that have wooden stocks and such even though they fire the exact same round in the exact same way..but look less intimidating.

Edited by Buffarukus

3 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

your wrong. auto is military. that is already banned. you seem to want to ban semi auto as well. so there are specific guns for specific uses. you want bolt action for home defense, simply putting people at a major disadvantage in a home invasion break in. defense. like i was asking.

so again what is it you want? gun setting, auto, mag limits, attachments/bump stocks silencers ect are illegal in the country or some version in states that have highest gun crime. there is zero idea of people "allowing anyone to carry any gun they want", that's never been a alternative.

you need to look into this and learn more before you take a stance on others rights. states and needs and laws are vastly different. one size will not fit all and federally they are suggesting it. to debate you should be specific, banning "assault" weopons seriously means nothing!  yet that what is spit out with people believing there is a big difference in weopons that have wooden stocks and such. 

What I want is no auto or semi guns in the country, if you want to hunt great but large mags not needed...2 shots only before reload, hand guns in house for defence with limited power. Stop manufacturing for the public of powerful guns, stop import, guns for target shooting stored at range only. 

That is my starting point for a guy who has not got a lot of knowledge of all the guns out there. 

If not, stop all restrictions and lets have a go at it. Either the guy who entered the store to randomly kill has to be concerned about anyone with the ability to shoot back or stop the gun production. 

Sitting still and doing nothing will only allow it to get worse.

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

What I want is no auto or semi guns in the country, if you want to hunt great but large mags not needed...2 shots only before reload, hand guns in house for defence with limited power. Stop manufacturing for the public of powerful guns, stop import, guns for target shooting stored at range only. 

That is my starting point for a guy who has not got a lot of knowledge of all the guns out there. 

If not, stop all restrictions and lets have a go at it. Either the guy who entered the store to randomly kill has to be concerned about anyone with the ability to shoot back or stop the gun production. 

Sitting still and doing nothing will only allow it to get worse.

semi simply means, after you chamber a round no other action is needed except pulling the trigger to fire a second shot. this covers most rifles handguns, including revolvers, so if your removing them from the country, you cannot have them for home defense, unless your including a exemption.

one of the most brutal mass shootings was the VA tech massacre where the killer used handguns. there is no easy solution and as been pointed out in this thread removing a certain type will only lead to evil people using a different type or illegally obtaining them. 3d printer can now create fully functional guns. there is no stopping their creation, import or manufacturing. 

there is a flip to gun ownership as well that no one ever conciders. the stories of heroic citizens PREVENTING these seem to not enter the discussion of prevention options. police officers are not the only humans that can properly defend others. giving the good guys a chance to defend themselves and others should at least be in the discussion.

here are some instances. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-not-the-first-time-a-good-guy-with-gun-takes-down-mass-shooter

god forbid if i was in the situation, i would much rather be able to defend myself and others rather then having no option and simply hoping the police arrive before the killer notices myself as another helpless victim.

wondering how this evil person obtained a illegal gun that should have been prevented by s law is not going to be entering my head. wondering why i am defenseless certainly will.

so im in the camp we need more citizens who are well trained and have proven to have no issues with the law to be allowed to carry in public. a training program were those who qualify can hold the honor of being a public defenders while also holding ordinary gun owners to a higher standard with more extensively examined background checks. too many home accidents and people who do not understand the responsability that comes from owning a firearm out there.

maybe that's as foolish as expecting more control to provide safety but its a side that only expects gun owners to take more a role in their communities safety while also weeding out those that make us look foolish with their negligence or intent pretty well known with huge red flags examined only in hindsight. 

Edited by Buffarukus

1 hour ago, Buffarukus said:

semi simply means, after you chamber a round no other action is needed except pulling the trigger to fire a second shot. this covers most rifles handguns, including revolvers, so if your removing them from the country, you cannot have them for home defense, unless your including a exemption.

one of the most brutal mass shootings was the VA tech massacre where the killer used handguns. there is no easy solution and as been pointed out in this thread removing a certain type will only lead to evil people using a different type or illegally obtaining them. 3d printer can now create fully functional guns. there is no stopping their creation, import or manufacturing. 

there is a flip to gun ownership as well that no one ever conciders. the stories of heroic citizens PREVENTING these seem to not enter the discussion of prevention options. police officers are not the only humans that can properly defend others. giving the good guys a chance to defend themselves and others should at least be in the discussion.

here are some instances. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church-shooting-not-the-first-time-a-good-guy-with-gun-takes-down-mass-shooter

god forbid if i was in the situation, i would much rather be able to defend myself and others rather then having no option and simply hoping the police arrive before the killer notices myself as another helpless victim.

wondering how this evil person obtained a illegal gun that should have been prevented by s law is not going to be entering my head. wondering why i am defenseless certainly will.

so im in the camp we need more citizens who are well trained and have proven to have no issues with the law to be allowed to carry in public. a training program were those who qualify can hold the honor of being a public defenders while also holding ordinary gun owners to a higher standard with more extensively examined background checks. too many home accidents and people who do not understand the responsability that comes from owning a firearm out there.

maybe that's as foolish as expecting more control to provide safety but its a side that only expects gun owners to take more a role in their communities safety while also weeding out those that make us look foolish with their negligence or intent pretty well known with huge red flags examined only in hindsight. 

I have no problem with more if that is the solution. No guns is great. More guns is good if it is more acceptable. Balance the scales. Carry where ever you want. Open carry to. Malls, cars, theaters, games, church. The status quo is not working.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nothing mass murderous like here:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-shooting-chicago-gathering-leaves-dead-hurt-76699981

"The fatal shootings appear to be picking up even after a year in which they jumped dramatically in Chicago, from 495 in 2019 to 769 in 2020. The city is on a pace to record even more this year: As of Wednesday, there had been 123 homicides in the city since Jan. 1, compared to 94 during the same period last year, according to the police department."

Seriously, this is not mass murder?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

because a entire summer many lives were lost, people injured and property destroyed in the pursuit of declaring black lives matter. while it is a conservative talking point, it is a liberal NON talking point from the very people who championed that black victims went unnoticed and recieved no justice. its hypocracy at its worst. if i lived in the inner city of chicago and especially if gang/gun violence has effected me or my family directly and i lived in fear. conservative, liberal, libertarian, communist? by all means bring the issue of the violence of my city to the forefront... or routinley bury it like your attempting

yeah they work great. its everyone elses fault. everyone should base their laws off other states. i mean letter grades were given. case closed! 

if there are higher murder rates then focus on them. please. ignore. this. issue. because there are others. thanks.

first off vox. the blaze told me chicago is all the fault of chicago so i guess propaganda wise its a wash. but yes indiana is the real problem here. forget the fact that this entire argument is saying criminals are obtaining weopons by going to great lengths and by any means necessary. its a great idea to make more laws to surrounding states that criminals won't obey anyways.

what is this for? there are senators from both sides with lower murder rates. why would anyone care about the higher rates? this is a dont look at chicago, look over there again. id say your trying hard to avoid the topic but cut pasting links is not really effort.

so in general stop talking about chicago! gaawd. look at all this evidence i shown to accomplish this. its clearly everyone elses fault! other people are being murdered outside of chicago. what more do you need to ignore the community living in terror of constant year in year out violence?  

the end.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

because a entire summer many lives were lost, people injured and property destroyed in the pursuit of declaring black lives matter. while it is a conservative talking point, it is a liberal NON talking point from the very people who championed that black victims went unnoticed and recieved no justice. its hypocracy at its worst. if i lived in the inner city of chicago and especially if gang/gun violence has effected me or my family directly and i lived in fear. conservative, liberal, libertarian, communist? by all means bring the issue of the violence of my city to the forefront... or routinley bury it like your attempting

yeah they work great. its everyone elses fault. everyone should base their laws off other states. i mean letter grades were given. case closed! 

if there are higher murder rates then focus on them. please. ignore. this. issue. because there are others. thanks.

first off vox. the blaze told me chicago is all the fault of chicago so i guess propaganda wise its a wash. but yes indiana is the real problem here. forget the fact that this entire argument is saying criminals are obtaining weopons by going to great lengths and by any means necessary. its a great idea to make more laws to surrounding states that criminals won't obey anyways.

what is this for? there are senators from both sides with lower murder rates. why would anyone care about the higher rates? this is a dont look at chicago, look over there again. id say your trying hard to avoid the topic but cut pasting links is not really effort.

so in general stop talking about chicago! gaawd. look at all this evidence i shown to accomplish this. its clearly everyone elses fault! other people are being murdered outside of chicago. what more do you need to ignore the community living in terror of constant year in year out violence?  

the end.

You’re really passionate about this. 

You didn’t dispel a thing with your ranting.

What are you over compensating for?

Is this you?

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

I've asked this several times with no answer.  If we take away all the scary guns and these mass shootings still happen......then what?  

Edited by Chef Jim

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

You’re really passionate about this. 

You didn’t dispel a thing with your ranting.

What are you over compensating for?

Is this you?

the fact you had the need to find a picture like this to post to this board is hilarious. how many did you find and "investigate" before you landed on this one to share with the rest of us? what was it that caught your eye? im not judging, people like different things, tell your truth.  🤣😂😅

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Haha (+1) 1