Another week, another mass murder

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Please don't tell me you're pro-life when you allow folks to commit gun murders every freakn day because of an unregulated ammo/gun market.

Seriously!  I allow!!  I ALLOW!!  

You never did answer my question about how you would control this issue.  All you do is B word, complain and post childish memes. Never any solutions. So here’s my idea I’ve mentioned several times. 

In my mind this is a mental health issue.  Gun owners should be required to go through background checks on a regular basis. Not just to purchase a weapon.  They should be required to take regular CE courses on gun safety.  Taking guns away will NEVER solve this.  Criminals will always find a weapon.  However requiring regular background checks will reduce the number of mentally ill people having access to weapons and ammo. 

OK....your ideas?  Aaaaaand go!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course you're missing the point that these industries are highly regulated.

But why not gun/ammo manufacturers?

What does the ATF regulate.  I give you a  hint Alcohol Tobacco and something that starts with an F.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

You never did answer my question about how you would control this issue.  All you do is B word, complain and post childish memes. Never any solutions. So here’s my idea I’ve mentioned several times. 

In my mind this is a mental health issue.  Gun owners should be required to go through background checks on a regular basis. Not just to purchase a weapon.  They should be required to take regular CE courses on gun safety.  Taking guns away will NEVER solve this.  Criminals will always find a weapon.  However requiring regular background checks will reduce the number of mentally ill people having access to weapons and ammo. 

The ideas that you mention above would and have gone nowhere with the GOP

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course you're missing the point that these industries are highly regulated.

But why not gun/ammo manufacturers?

Ammo is VERY regulated here in CA. What else ya got? 

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Well then....forget about it. 🙄

Solutions are haaaaaarrrrd!  😩

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Jim, we agree more than we disagree. You have great ideas that should be implemented immediately. We have to do something to stop the insanity. We will never completely stop gun violence; but both parties must come together and agree to sensible gun legislation.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Jim, we agree more than we disagree. You have great ideas that should be implemented immediately. We have to do something to stop the insanity. We will never completely stop gun violence; but both parties must come together and agree to sensible gun legislation.

Thank you. Notice none of my “great ideas” called for taking away guns.  It’s all about monitoring the mental health and backgrounds of those who own guns. 

There were lots of signs this shooter was a troubled person.  But these things always come out post tragedy.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Thank you. Notice none of my “great ideas” called for taking away guns.  It’s all about monitoring the mental health and backgrounds of those who own guns. 

There were lots of signs this shooter was a troubled person.  But these things always come out post tragedy.  

part of this issue in the states is there are already soooooo many guns out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I read this particular scumbag was previously actually convicted of assault. That combined with the family references of paranoia... the guy shouldn’t have been able to purchase firearms of any kind much less an assault rifle. 

I have a problem with that too.  Background checks should include interviews with friends and family and review of social media posts.  It’s the people people not the weapons! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

take this for what it is, its the blaze but seems to contain what he was talking about.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I don't disagree with this.  Do this stuff (kind of like Iceland) and reimplement the federal assault weapons ban and I'm good. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Have you ever seen someone change clips?  It’s pretty amazing how fast. But if taking away the scary guns will help you sleep at night have at it.  But if it doesn’t, then what?  

So you take away the scary guns you assume these shootings will subside?  The mental healthy of the shooters plays no part in this?  I’m pretty sure you take away the scary guns these mentally ill people will still kill.  Demons don’t care the caliber or the level of scary. 

I love hollow points. If im going to protect myself from someone breaking in to my house I want the best ammo to take them out.  Yes bullets kill people but how many bullets have killed that are either in someone’s closet or in a loaded weapon that’s not racked?  I think even you know the answer to that one. 

Regarding your nuclear device comment. You went down with your ship on that one. 

The truth is the cops are not going to be there to protect you and your family from an intruder when it happens.  They'll respond afterward to zip up the body bags and do some investigation.  They are not going to protect you.  They respond to crime, not prevent crime.

The problem with all the calls for more gun control is they don't do anything to address the fundamental problems that can stop or eliminate most of these mass shooting events.  They are not going to take guns out of the hands of criminals or those bent on doing harm to others.  All these gun control initiatives calling for more laws and restrictions do is give the government more power and control over its citizens.  Why do we want to give an already overly-intrusive government, one that spies and collects all sorts of information and reconnaissance on almost every citizen through whatever means they have available even more power?  A government that has over a short time militarized local and state police organizations.  A government that preaches from the Capitol building, the seat of power for the federal government surrounded by fences and barriers along with thousands of armed troops and armed bodyguards and agents?  A government that is somehow afraid of its own citizens but is more than willing to let you go about life in the environment outside of their fence perimeter that's safe enough for you to take your chances in every day. 

How about this, let Congress pass more restrictions and add an amendment making it illegal for government officials to have armed bodyguards and security forces.  If its safe for us then its safe for them?  Lead from the front, right?  

Why is it that states with the most restrictive gun control laws generally have the most crime?  Simply put, because they have the most criminals resulting from social and economic conditions that drive people to crime and criminal activity,  Much of it just for survival.  Generally, these states blame "out of state gun purchases" for their problems but the real cause is their inaction to solve the fundamental problems of poverty.  These are social issues that never seem to gets addressed and resolved.

These mass shooters either hold some ideological extreme or are mentally imbalanced.  What's curious about a lot of these cases is the individuals involved are "known" to the FBI and other law enforcement organizations but they never seem to do anything.  Why is that?  Maybe they should start checking into these leads with a little more enthusiasm?