Draft prospects not getting enough attention

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I like Moss. I think his injury hurt against the Chiefs. I just think Kylin Hill could be that upgrade from Singletary. Motor gives me visions of Ronnie Harmon. Talented but too many mental mistakes

I saw a lack of holes a lot more than mental mistakes, personally.

IMO three 3rd rounders in three straight years is poor team building and asset allocation. Singletary has proven in 2019 when they block for him he can make teams pay. No, he'll never be a home run hitter but he can make guys miss at a high rate and run through arm tackles.

IMO he needs to improve (everyone does) but he was not the major part of the problem last year.

And please don't remind me of Ronnie Harmon. Gives me the heebee jeebies, thinking about that drop against Cleveland. IMO the reason Harmon was gone wasn't so much the drop as it was blaming it on Kelly.

• Agree 1

Wow, Elerson Smith is variously reported as 252 - 265? He is a skinny son of a gun. Looks like a linebacker, or even a Duke Williams type WR. Played 3-4 DE and racked up sacks.

I wonder how he projects.

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why not?? We had to go through Losman and Manuel before we got Allen. It's ok to admit mistakes

Agreed. Yeah, it's OK to admit mistakes.

Thing is, the evidence simply isn't there that Singletary is a mistake. At all.

Just the opposite, in fact, as Beane has said. They're not blaming him. Which makes sense when you look at his 2019 when they were blocking for him.

It's OK to admit mistakes. But wrongly identifying a good player as a mistake ... well, it's a mistake. Luckily, Beane doesn't seem as if that's what he's doing.

Still, they would be well advised to bring in another guy in the later rounds since Yeldon is gone.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, KOKBILLS said:

Slaton is a bit of a sleeper. I like him. If he puts it all together he could really be something. At worst I think he's a good rotational 1/0 tech...😎

I like the idea of Slaton, or someone like him. Also, Earnest Jones: I think the Bills still need to improve at LB, at the least, LB depth.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ve been beating the drum for this dude...and I’ve not seen him listed top 5 on RB prospect rankings anywhere, and he was 2019 first team All-SEC...I’d love him in the 3rd in a perfect world...

He reminds me of a slower version of Arian Foster.

Here are some guys that I feel aren't getting enough recognition and who would make excellent day2/ day3 picks .....

RB DEMETRIC FELTON, UCLA
Felton makes the list because of what he’s capable of as a receiver. He finally became the bell cow in UCLA’s offense this past year, logging 132 attempts through six games. He earned a respectable 80.3 rushing grade on that hefty workload, but it’s his slot receiver pedigree that offers some untapped potential. He ran receiver routes at the Senior Bowl practices and legitimately looked like one of the most capable in attendance.

WR SIMI FEHOKO, STANFORD
Fehoko is a physical monster. From a size-speed standpoint, he’s the closest thing to D.K. Metcalf in the class. While Stanford’s pro day is later this week, Fehoko has reportedly run in the 4.3s before at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds.

T D’ANTE SMITH, EAST CAROLINA
Smith certainly has the body to play tackle at the NFL level. At the Senior Bowl, he checked in at 6-foot-5 with 35 ¼-inch arms and 10-inch hands. Those are measurables that get you in the door for the NFL almost immediately, and you get even more intrigued when you see the way Smith moves at 294 pounds.

T WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
We’ve seen Little play football for a grand total of 72 snaps over the last two seasons. In slightly more than a year and a half at Stanford, Little had already developed into one of the better pass-protecting tackles in the country. Over his final seven career contests, he allowed just one pressure.

G JALEN MAYFIELD, MICHIGAN
Mayfield’s highlight reel of pancakes is right up there with pretty much any offensive lineman’s in the class.

G QUINN MEINERZ, WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER
Meinerz didn't face any sort of top competition outside of his week of practices at the Senior Bowl. While he was certainly impressive in his limited time there, it’s still a small sample size. The scary thing is, that lack of playing against top competition might make him under-drafted still. Meinerz is every bit a freak athlete with a 32-inch vertical and 4.86-second 40-yard dash at 320 pounds. His 4.47-second shuttle and 7.33-second three-cone are elite figures at the position, as well. 

C KENDRICK GREEN, ILLINOIS
Green’s tape is arguably the most explosive of any interior offensive lineman in the class. He flies off the ball and can run with unsuspecting linebackers when he wants to — it’s why he tied Landon Dickerson for the Power 5 lead in big-time blocks last year despite only playing eight games and being jostled between left guard and center. What he can do physically at 315 pounds is different.

DI MILTON WILLIAMS, LOUISIANA TECH
As far as early pro-day figures are concerned, Williams has been a massive “winner.” At the EXOS Combine, Williams reportedly ran a 4.63 40-yard dash, vertical jumped 35 inches and did 32 bench reps — all at 286 pounds. Those are egregiously freaky numbers that don’t come around every day. They also started showing up on tape more and more as 2020 went on.

EDGE JOSHUA KAINDOH, FLORIDA STATE
From a purely physical standpoint, Kaindoh is the closest thing in this class to likely first-rounder Gregory Rousseau. Listed at 6-foot-7, 265 pounds, Kaindoh is a former five-star who never quite lived up to that high billing for the Seminoles. His 24 pressures as a sophomore in 2018 would ultimately be his career-high. With the flexibility and athleticism he possesses at his size, though, Kaindoh has such a leg up on others in the class if he can develop some pass-rushing moves.

LB CAMERON MCGRONE, MICHIGAN
McGrone has some of the best range of any linebacker in the class. Watching him hunt ball carriers on wide runs, it’s easy to see how he could be an impact player in the NFL. Only problem has been that his range has never quite translated in coverage.

CB TRILL WILLIAMS, SYRACUSE
Williams’ “upside” comes from the fact that: 1). He was the 16th-ranked player on Bruce Feldman’s Freak’s List in 2020, and 2). He was played out of position for what his skill set would bring to the table at the NFL level.

SLOT CB RACHAD WILDGOOSE, WISCONSIN
Wildgoose has some of the best man-corner physical tools in the class, even though Wisconsin seldom played man over the course of his career. On the 162 career snaps he played in man coverage, Wildgoose allowed only 11 catches from 33 targets for 185 yards and 10 forced incompletions. Combine that with his plus athleticism along with his physical playstyle, and you have an intriguing mid-round cornerback prospect.

S JAMIEN SHERWOOD, AUBURN
Sherwood is an uber-athlete at the safety position. At 6-foot-2, 220 pounds, Sherwood moves the way you’d expect a safety three inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter to move. That means when he comes downhill, he packs a punch.

Edited by BillsFanThru-N-Thru
  • Like (+1) 4

Great thread, I thought about starting up a similar one myself. I probably don’t have as much insight as you or some of the others who have posted in this thread but nonetheless here are some random guys I like:

Carlos “Boogie” Basham Jr, DE, Wake Forest

I think Boogie will be the best DE in the class. From my understanding he did quite well in the Senior Bowl and in my mind I think he should be in play at #30. Very good athleticism, good bend, good power, he can play inside or out, has solid production and I think he could slide into that LDE spot no problem. I think he will be a double digit sack guy or will achieve that multiple times over his career. Boogie would be my ideal target at #30.

Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

He is my #2 player behind Boogie at #30. Collins could come in and play MLB, EDGE and SLB for us in a pinch. Has very good power, can engage linemen and not get pushed around and in many cases he can flat out beat them. Collins could fill a myriad of roles here, in obvious running situations he would be great at MIKE and in passing situations he could rush the passer fluently. He doesn’t have elite athleticism but is athletic enough and more importantly has great awareness when he drops back in coverage. Very versatile player, there’s a solid chance he’s there when we pick.

Quinn Meinerz, OL, Wisconsin-Whitewater

Meinerz is a small school prospect but I think his skill set transfers over to the pros fairly well. I see him as a natural fit at LG. I view him as an Andy Levitre type of prospect except with more power. Very good mobility, can get to the second level and manhandle defenders, would thrive in situations in which he would have to pull, very mobile. Could go late RD2 to early RD3.

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

I think this guy is going to be great. He started out as a 3rd round prospect but now I see him going maybe late RD1 to RD2 somewhere. Very explosive, elite athleticism but I doubt we take him because I think we have more pertinent areas of need.

Jabril Cox, LB, LSU

Elite size and length, big LB with very good mobility, violent tackler, no idea why he is rated so low. I think he will be a Pro Bowl player, mid 2nd to early 3rd round grade.

Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida

I love this guy, he is an exceptional prospect. Viewed as a late round prospect (4th-5th round), I see him as being a great 3rd round pick. Unstoppable at the point of attack, shuts down the run but also collapses the pocket and gets pressure. Not a huge sack guy, but I could see him with 2-5 sacks a year perhaps, would easily take over for Star. 

Marvin Wilson, DT, FSU

I have him right behind Slaton but many analysts have him rated higher. He is a mean sob, violent at the point of attack, would be a great replacement for Star.

Hunter Long, TE, Boston College

Pretty sure he’s viewed as a late 3rd round pick. I think he would be a solid addition to the TE room. Don’t think he has elite potential but I do think he will be a solid player. Very good size, can easily win jump balls and can catch in traffic, but only has average athleticism.

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, glazeduck said:

This post won't be for everybody and that's fine. But for those who enjoy discussing college prospects, who are the guys you're excited about that aren't getting talked about enough?

I just made a post in H2O's Adebo thread that he's one of mine. A few others in no seriously particular order...

RB:

• Jermar Jefferson -- phenomenal balance through contact, great vision, he's smaller but I think he can be effective in 3 down scenarios

WR:

• Jonathan Adams Jr.
  • Warren Jackson -- I've got a thing for big, bully WRs, what can I say -- everybody's got a type!

OL: Pretty meh on this class after the first couple rounds

Edge:

• Dayo Odeyingbo
  • Rashad Weaver -- underratedly good/agile athletes with great bend.
  • Josh Kaindoh
  • Jenarius Robinson -- both of these guys have the body and athleticism to be pass rushing stars. Can somebody get that our of them?

DL:

• Tadarrel Slaton -- posted about him earlier today, this is the guy we need to replace Star

LB: 

• Tony Fields II -- underrated athlete. Pretty impressive to transfer, immediately learn the defense and become an emotional and on-field leader as quickly as he did. Maybe never a star but I can see him doing something similar to Milano.
  • Earnest Jones -- guy made plays all over in the SEC and tested out really well at his pro day. He's rated criminally low, in my opinion.

CB:

• Adebo
  • Keith Taylor
  • Israel Mukuamu
  • Benjamin St. Juste -- again, I have a type. Long, smooth, all solid technicians, willing tacklers.

S: I'll be honest, I haven't even bother scouting safeties. What our staff has done with 2 former CBs makes me think they look for something different in CBs than a lot of staffs. That said, the duck fan in me believes that Deomo Lenoir would probably transition nicely to a ballhawking safety role.

Who are yours???

I have had my head turned by Javonte Williams. I hear about Etienne and Harris all the time, but Williams is probably just as good or better, so if he slips to R2, we should be all over that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Here are some guys that I feel aren't getting enough recognition and who would make excellent day2/ day3 picks .....

RB DEMETRIC FELTON, UCLA
Felton makes the list because of what he’s capable of as a receiver. He finally became the bell cow in UCLA’s offense this past year, logging 132 attempts through six games. He earned a respectable 80.3 rushing grade on that hefty workload, but it’s his slot receiver pedigree that offers some untapped potential. He ran receiver routes at the Senior Bowl practices and legitimately looked like one of the most capable in attendance.

WR SIMI FEHOKO, STANFORD
Fehoko is a physical monster. From a size-speed standpoint, he’s the closest thing to D.K. Metcalf in the class. While Stanford’s pro day is later this week, Fehoko has reportedly run in the 4.3s before at 6-foot-4, 220 pounds.

T D’ANTE SMITH, EAST CAROLINA
Smith certainly has the body to play tackle at the NFL level. At the Senior Bowl, he checked in at 6-foot-5 with 35 ¼-inch arms and 10-inch hands. Those are measurables that get you in the door for the NFL almost immediately, and you get even more intrigued when you see the way Smith moves at 294 pounds.

T WALKER LITTLE, STANFORD
We’ve seen Little play football for a grand total of 72 snaps over the last two seasons. In slightly more than a year and a half at Stanford, Little had already developed into one of the better pass-protecting tackles in the country. Over his final seven career contests, he allowed just one pressure.

G JALEN MAYFIELD, MICHIGAN
Mayfield’s highlight reel of pancakes is right up there with pretty much any offensive lineman’s in the class.

G QUINN MEINERZ, WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER
Meinerz didn't face any sort of top competition outside of his week of practices at the Senior Bowl. While he was certainly impressive in his limited time there, it’s still a small sample size. The scary thing is, that lack of playing against top competition might make him under-drafted still. Meinerz is every bit a freak athlete with a 32-inch vertical and 4.86-second 40-yard dash at 320 pounds. His 4.47-second shuttle and 7.33-second three-cone are elite figures at the position, as well. 

C KENDRICK GREEN, ILLINOIS
Green’s tape is arguably the most explosive of any interior offensive lineman in the class. He flies off the ball and can run with unsuspecting linebackers when he wants to — it’s why he tied Landon Dickerson for the Power 5 lead in big-time blocks last year despite only playing eight games and being jostled between left guard and center. What he can do physically at 315 pounds is different.

DI MILTON WILLIAMS, LOUISIANA TECH
As far as early pro-day figures are concerned, Williams has been a massive “winner.” At the EXOS Combine, Williams reportedly ran a 4.63 40-yard dash, vertical jumped 35 inches and did 32 bench reps — all at 286 pounds. Those are egregiously freaky numbers that don’t come around every day. They also started showing up on tape more and more as 2020 went on.

EDGE JOSHUA KAINDOH, FLORIDA STATE
From a purely physical standpoint, Kaindoh is the closest thing in this class to likely first-rounder Gregory Rousseau. Listed at 6-foot-7, 265 pounds, Kaindoh is a former five-star who never quite lived up to that high billing for the Seminoles. His 24 pressures as a sophomore in 2018 would ultimately be his career-high. With the flexibility and athleticism he possesses at his size, though, Kaindoh has such a leg up on others in the class if he can develop some pass-rushing moves.

LB CAMERON MCGRONE, MICHIGAN
McGrone has some of the best range of any linebacker in the class. Watching him hunt ball carriers on wide runs, it’s easy to see how he could be an impact player in the NFL. Only problem has been that his range has never quite translated in coverage.

CB TRILL WILLIAMS, SYRACUSE
Williams’ “upside” comes from the fact that: 1). He was the 16th-ranked player on Bruce Feldman’s Freak’s List in 2020, and 2). He was played out of position for what his skill set would bring to the table at the NFL level.

SLOT CB RACHAD WILDGOOSE, WISCONSIN
Wildgoose has some of the best man-corner physical tools in the class, even though Wisconsin seldom played man over the course of his career. On the 162 career snaps he played in man coverage, Wildgoose allowed only 11 catches from 33 targets for 185 yards and 10 forced incompletions. Combine that with his plus athleticism along with his physical playstyle, and you have an intriguing mid-round cornerback prospect.

S JAMIEN SHERWOOD, AUBURN
Sherwood is an uber-athlete at the safety position. At 6-foot-2, 220 pounds, Sherwood moves the way you’d expect a safety three inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter to move. That means when he comes downhill, he packs a punch.

Great list! My brother went to UCLA, so I've seen a lot of Felton, definitely a fun player to watch. I'll be interested to see if he holds up in the NFL, reminds me a little bit of De'Anthony Thomas who was a stud weapon on offense in college but basically just a special teamer in the pros...

Don't like Fehoko. Guy timed well but when you watch him play, his speed does not match those numbers AT ALL. I think he'll struggle in the pros. 

Good adds of Little and Green too. I think Little's upside is limited, meaning I don't see him ever being a star, but if he can turn into a consistent starter/swing tackle, I think that's plenty good enough. Conversely, LOVE Green's upside, wouldn't be shocked if he goes a lot higher than internet mocks (part of why I didn't list him).

I missed Milton Williams on my list! Another great one, guy blew his pro day up and has the game to back it up. Great one.

All good points on Trill. I'll take a second look.

I haven't watched enough of his tape to develop a really solid opinion, but I mentioned in the Smith-Marsette thread that a great way to make profit in the draft is to find guys playing in "less than ideal" circumstances in college. In this instance, Jalen Camp at Ga. Tech seems to perhaps fit that bill and I've liked what I've seen so far...

Here's his pro day data:

Height: 6’2″

Weight: 226 lbs

Forty-Yard Dash: 4.43 Seconds

Vertical Jump: 39.5″

Broad Jump: 10’5″

Three-Cone Drill: 7.02 Seconds

Twenty-Yard Shuttle: 4.16 Seconds

Bench Press: 30 Reps at 225 lbs (more than any WR in Combine history)

Intriguing as a late round pick, for sure...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Great thread, I thought about starting up a similar one myself. I probably don’t have as much insight as you or some of the others who have posted in this thread but nonetheless here are some random guys I like:

Carlos “Boogie” Basham Jr, DE, Wake Forest

I think Boogie will be the best DE in the class. From my understanding he did quite well in the Senior Bowl and in my mind I think he should be in play at #30. Very good athleticism, good bend, good power, he can play inside or out, has solid production and I think he could slide into that LDE spot no problem. I think he will be a double digit sack guy or will achieve that multiple times over his career. Boogie would be my ideal target at #30.

Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

He is my #2 player behind Boogie at #30. Collins could come in and play MLB, EDGE and SLB for us in a pinch. Has very good power, can engage linemen and not get pushed around and in many cases he can flat out beat them. Collins could fill a myriad of roles here, in obvious running situations he would be great at MIKE and in passing situations he could rush the passer fluently. He doesn’t have elite athleticism but is athletic enough and more importantly has great awareness when he drops back in coverage. Very versatile player, there’s a solid chance he’s there when we pick.

Quinn Meinerz, OL, Wisconsin-Whitewater

Meinerz is a small school prospect but I think his skill set transfers over to the pros fairly well. I see him as a natural fit at LG. I view him as an Andy Levitre type of prospect except with more power. Very good mobility, can get to the second level and manhandle defenders, would thrive in situations in which he would have to pull, very mobile. Could go late RD2 to early RD3.

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

I think this guy is going to be great. He started out as a 3rd round prospect but now I see him going maybe late RD1 to RD2 somewhere. Very explosive, elite athleticism but I doubt we take him because I think we have more pertinent areas of need.

Jabril Cox, LB, LSU

Elite size and length, big LB with very good mobility, violent tackler, no idea why he is rated so low. I think he will be a Pro Bowl player, mid 2nd to early 3rd round grade.

Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida

I love this guy, he is an exceptional prospect. Viewed as a late round prospect (4th-5th round), I see him as being a great 3rd round pick. Unstoppable at the point of attack, shuts down the run but also collapses the pocket and gets pressure. Not a huge sack guy, but I could see him with 2-5 sacks a year perhaps, would easily take over for Star. 

Marvin Wilson, DT, FSU

I have him right behind Slaton but many analysts have him rated higher. He is a mean sob, violent at the point of attack, would be a great replacement for Star.

Hunter Long, TE, Boston College

Pretty sure he’s viewed as a late 3rd round pick. I think he would be a solid addition to the TE room. Don’t think he has elite potential but I do think he will be a solid player. Very good size, can easily win jump balls and can catch in traffic, but only has average athleticism.

Another great list. I really like Basham, but not sure he's a great fit for us. Reminds me of Shaq Barrett coming out of college and I'd just be weary of having 2 high motor/lower athleticism guys on the ends. I think Basham becomes a good, maybe even great pro, but would like to have a better athlete to balance Epenesa...

I think Hunter Long will be a fine player, but I think his 3rd round value is being elevated by lack of talent in the TE pool this year. He might turn into a starter, but I don't think he'll ever be anything special, hard to spend a 3rd on a guy like that when you can replace him with a 5th or 6th and get similar value...

Collins is intriguing. Love the size and athleticism, love the former QB background... I doubt we end up drafting him and will be interested to see what kind of player he turns into, I can see a very broad array of outcomes for him...

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

How bout the two guys from Northern Iowa, you wanna talk about two small school freaks. 

Spencer Brown OT

Elerson Smith DE

Spencer Brown is my round 2 draft choice for Bills. 

@Victory FormationI like your list posted above. I'm more of a David Moore guy than Quinn Meinerz. Moore seems a little nastier. Collins and Slaton are definitely my guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I saw a lack of holes a lot more than mental mistakes, personally.

IMO three 3rd rounders in three straight years is poor team building and asset allocation. Singletary has proven in 2019 when they block for him he can make teams pay. No, he'll never be a home run hitter but he can make guys miss at a high rate and run through arm tackles.

IMO he needs to improve (everyone does) but he was not the major part of the problem last year.

And please don't remind me of Ronnie Harmon. Gives me the heebee jeebies, thinking about that drop against Cleveland. IMO the reason Harmon was gone wasn't so much the drop as it was blaming it on Kelly.

The drop by Motor in championship game brought back the Ronnie Harmon memory. I think that drop was a major turning point in the game. Motor had a couple drops during the season too. 

4 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The drop by Motor in championship game brought back the Ronnie Harmon memory. I think that drop was a major turning point in the game. Motor had a couple drops during the season too. 

That game exposed just how limited he is as a player...he should, never again, be in the top two on the depth chart for this team imo...it just holds us back...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/23/2021 at 1:05 AM, wagne591 said:

I would sign any of the Texas A&M Offensive linemen too as UDFA that line played great this year but they get no love. I would take a look at them for depth if anything.

Carson Green is my guy. I've got a 4th round grade on him as a swing tackle with starter potential. One of my favourite run blockers in the class.

23 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I have had my head turned by Javonte Williams. I hear about Etienne and Harris all the time, but Williams is probably just as good or better, so if he slips to R2, we should be all over that.

I’m beginning to think I’d take him at 30.