Draft prospects not getting enough attention

This post won't be for everybody and that's fine. But for those who enjoy discussing college prospects, who are the guys you're excited about that aren't getting talked about enough?

I just made a post in H2O's Adebo thread that he's one of mine. A few others in no seriously particular order...

RB:

• Jermar Jefferson -- phenomenal balance through contact, great vision, he's smaller but I think he can be effective in 3 down scenarios

WR:

• Jonathan Adams Jr.
  • Warren Jackson -- I've got a thing for big, bully WRs, what can I say -- everybody's got a type!

OL: Pretty meh on this class after the first couple rounds

Edge:

• Dayo Odeyingbo
  • Rashad Weaver -- underratedly good/agile athletes with great bend.
  • Josh Kaindoh
  • Jenarius Robinson -- both of these guys have the body and athleticism to be pass rushing stars. Can somebody get that our of them?

DL:

• Tadarrel Slaton -- posted about him earlier today, this is the guy we need to replace Star

LB: 

• Tony Fields II -- underrated athlete. Pretty impressive to transfer, immediately learn the defense and become an emotional and on-field leader as quickly as he did. Maybe never a star but I can see him doing something similar to Milano.
  • Earnest Jones -- guy made plays all over in the SEC and tested out really well at his pro day. He's rated criminally low, in my opinion.

CB:

• Adebo
  • Keith Taylor
  • Israel Mukuamu
  • Benjamin St. Juste -- again, I have a type. Long, smooth, all solid technicians, willing tacklers.

S: I'll be honest, I haven't even bother scouting safeties. What our staff has done with 2 former CBs makes me think they look for something different in CBs than a lot of staffs. That said, the duck fan in me believes that Deomo Lenoir would probably transition nicely to a ballhawking safety role.

Who are yours???

• Like (+1) 1

This is going to be a weird draft without having a combine

i have seen many 1st round predictions and they are all over the board

usually you see something like 24 of 32 they all have in the first round, some in different orders.  The difference are tThat much off where if some have player X going late 1st, the others have thrm in top 10 of the 2nd.

whativeseem seem to only have about 14 in agreement

• Agree 1

I’ve been beating the drum for this dude...and I’ve not seen him listed top 5 on RB prospect rankings anywhere, and he was 2019 first team All-SEC...I’d love him in the 3rd in a perfect world...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

This post won't be for everybody and that's fine. But for those who enjoy discussing college prospects, who are the guys you're excited about that aren't getting talked about enough?

I just made a post in H2O's Adebo thread that he's one of mine. A few others in no seriously particular order...

RB:

• Jermar Jefferson -- phenomenal balance through contact, great vision, he's smaller but I think he can be effective in 3 down scenarios

WR:

• Jonathan Adams Jr.
  • Warren Jackson -- I've got a thing for big, bully WRs, what can I say -- everybody's got a type!

Edge:

• Dayo Odeyingbo
  • Josh Kaindoh
  • Jenarius Robinson -- both of these guys have the body and athleticism to be pass rushing stars. Can somebody get that our of them?

DL:

• Tadarrel Slaton -- posted about him earlier today, this is the guy we need to replace Star

LB: 

• Tony Fields II -- underrated athlete. Pretty impressive to transfer, immediately learn the defense and become an emotional and on-field leader as quickly as he did. Maybe never a star but I can see him doing something similar to Milano.
  • Earnest Jones -- guy made plays all over in the SEC and tested out really well at his pro day. He's rated criminally low, in my opinion.

CB:

• Adebo
  • Keith Taylor
  • Israel Mukuamu
  • Benjamin St. Juste -- again, I have a type. Long, smooth, all solid technicians, willing tacklers.

S: I'll be honest, I haven't even bother scouting safeties. What our staff has done with 2 former CBs makes me think they look for something different in CBs than a lot of staffs. That said, the duck fan in me believes that Deomo Lenoir would probably transition nicely to a ballhawking safety role.

Who are yours???

There has been plenty of talk about prospects, just not in one thread. I've been speaking throughout of Slaton and Janarius Robinson. Both of them have high motors. Don't quit on plays. Would love to see them on Bills roster as second day players. Very high on Kylin Hill too. I'm all for Bills moving out of 30 to get more day 2 players unless Zaven Collins is sitting at 30. He could be a big Swiss Army Knife for the Bills defense

11 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ve posted about him before...but I’ve not seen him listed top 5 on prospect rankings anywhere, and he was 2019 first team All-SEC...I’d love him in the 3rd in a perfect world...

Love this guy!! Not too worried about breakaway speed. Thurman didn't have the breakaway speed but had that burst through the holes similarly to what I see from Kylin. 5'11 215 is not a bad size either

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kendrick Green.  Good in tight spaces and can get outside on pulls.  Aggressive.  Developmental G and C.  Could challenge Cody Ford.  Could possibly take over for Morse next year.

#53, LG.  For context, watch his reps against Daviyon Nixon, a projected early round draft pick (#54 for Iowa).

Unfortunately, too rich for a 3rd, and we have no 4th.  If he's there in the 5th, I hope they scoop him up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buddy Johnson LB Texas A&M dude can play in a tough conference two

Seth Wiliams WR Auburn Can jump though the roof a big body too 6'3" 211

Anthony Schwartz WR world class sprinter that is what we need to fill JB spot. He could play ST and learn behind a great WR room.

JORDAN SMITH EDGE UAB i like this guys size and in today's NFL it would be nice to pass down some passes (6'7" 255)

JOSHUA KAINDOH EDGE FSU Beane probably saw him today 5-star recruit out of college great size 6'7 260

AARON HANSFORD LB Texas A&M I like this guy too because he was a WR his first two years got hurt and came back as a LB. He is raw but lots of talent and good size 6'3" 245 and can cover TE's in our division we need that. 

I would sign any of the Texas A&M Offensive linemen too as UDFA that line played great this year but they get no love. I would take a look at them for depth if anything.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

RB:

WR:

• Jonathan Adams Jr.

Edge:

• Dayo Odeyingbo
  • Josh Kaindoh

DL:

LB: 

CB:

• Adebo
  • Keith Taylor
  • Israel Mukuamu

Who are yours???

Slaton is a bit of a sleeper. I like him. If he puts it all together he could really be something. At worst I think he's a good rotational 1/0 tech...😎

1 hour ago, glazeduck said:

RB:

2 part question:

1)  does your 3rd down opinion include pass protection, or just swing and flat route runner with good hands.  I ask because you said he's 'smaller.' 

2)  Do the Bills actually keep RBs in to block on 3rd downs?  Seems that with JA such a threat to run, scramble, evade, etc., maybe we prefer to just send everybody out.  Except maybe 3rd and a mile, when you need to let routes develop.

Dayo Odeyingbo

This guy interests me. but I dont know a lot about him... anyone got any opinions?

Have seen some mocks placing him around our pick at the end of the third...

Decent size 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dayo-odeyingbo-nfl-draft-player-profile-vanderbilt-edge/

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I’ve been beating the drum for this dude...and I’ve not seen him listed top 5 on RB prospect rankings anywhere, and he was 2019 first team All-SEC...I’d love him in the 3rd in a perfect world...

Another 3rd round RB ? 

53 minutes ago, wagne591 said:

Buddy Johnson LB Texas A&M dude can play in a tough conference two

Seth Wiliams WR Auburn Can jump though the roof a big body too 6'3" 211

Anthony Schwartz WR world class sprinter that is what we need to fill JB spot. He could play ST and learn behind a great WR room.

JORDAN SMITH EDGE UAB i like this guys size and in today's NFL it would be nice to pass down some passes (6'7" 255)

JOSHUA KAINDOH EDGE FSU Beane probably saw him today 5-star recruit out of college great size 6'7 260

AARON HANSFORD LB Texas A&M I like this guy too because he was a WR his first two years got hurt and came back as a LB. He is raw but lots of talent and good size 6'3" 245 and can cover TE's in our division we need that. 

I would sign any of the Texas A&M Offensive linemen too as UDFA that line played great this year but they get no love. I would take a look at them for depth if anything.

I held off on listing Williams because he was one of the more hyped players coming into the season, and I think he probably goes higher than a lot of these other names, but no question, love his contested catch ability. 

Also just got out forgot Jordan Smith. Really love him too. 

33 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

2 part question:

1)  does your 3rd down opinion include pass protection, or just swing and flat route runner with good hands.  I ask because you said he's 'smaller.' 

2)  Do the Bills actually keep RBs in to block on 3rd downs?  Seems that with JA such a threat to run, scramble, evade, etc., maybe we prefer to just send everybody out.  Except maybe 3rd and a mile, when you need to let routes develop.

He’s perfectly adept at both, but I think he’s better in the passing game. I won’t go so far as to say he’s Kamara-like as so often happens when guys can catch passes but he’s certainly not a liability in passing situations. 

45 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

This guy interests me. but I dont know a lot about him... anyone got any opinions?

Have seen some mocks placing him around our pick at the end of the third...

Decent size 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dayo-odeyingbo-nfl-draft-player-profile-vanderbilt-edge/

Good/not great athlete. Really good first step and bend around the edge — that’s w/out question his best quality. More of a pass rusher than a run stopper or balanced edge player at this stage of his career. Does a decent job using his hands and setting up OLmen but wouldn’t call him a technician. 

Wouldn’t be a starter for us but would help in passing situations and feels like a guy who could develop similar to a Shaq Barrett type. 

I’m partial to Jordan Smith in that range because of his explosion and similar ability to bend the edge, but certainly don’t hate Odeyingbo at all. 

Edited by glazeduck
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why not?? We had to go through Losman and Manuel before we got Allen. It's ok to admit mistakes

But it's not OK to admit mistakes before anyone can be sure they are mistakes. These two have not been shown yet to be mistakes. Moss in particular is the physical back you want, but in space, Singletary can hurt teams. He didn't get much space last year.

IMO the 3rd is a bit too early for Beane to want to draft another back. Wouldn't be surprised if they do it a bit later, though.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

But it's not OK to admit mistakes before anyone can be sure they are mistakes. These two have not been shown yet to be mistakes. Moss in particular is the physical back you want, but in space, Singletary can hurt teams. He didn't get much space last year.

IMO the 3rd is a bit too early for Beane to want to draft another back. Wouldn't be surprised if they do it a bit later, though.

I like Moss. I think his injury hurt against the Chiefs. I just think Kylin Hill could be that upgrade from Singletary. Motor gives me visions of Ronnie Harmon. Talented but too many mental mistakes