Micah Parsons potential drop in draft

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Football and sexual harassment/abuse?  That's called a  "doubler major" at Penn State....

I laughed 

52 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If character concerns have him dropping that badly - then he'll drop past us as well. If almost every team in the league isn't interested bc of his character - you better believe Beane and McDermott won't be as well.

Pegs has his name on the PSU hockey arena, I’m sure they can vet him to the greatest extent in the event that he could fall 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Well if nobody else in a Penn State locker room saw anything or was willing to corroborate that story everything must've been Jim Dandy, right? No offense, my sister went to Penn State. I follow Penn State Hockey and I'd like my kids to go to school there but they've lost their credibility in the "our football locker room is a nice place to be" department for a while longer. As much as we all tell each other that people just make this stuff up, they more often than not don't. Even if you were going to make up a story about for example your employer as a disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind, you probably aren't naming Phyllis who always saved you a jelly donut or Bob and Mike that you went to Happy hour with. You're naming the people who treated you like crap.

Parsons is a heckuva player and someone will draft him. If you think your locker room is strong enough that the veterans can get him in line and keep him there it's not a problem drafting him. If not, you avoid him. In short, he's not a player for a young defense with weak leadership. I'd like to think that Mcdermott and Frazier and the guys in the room could deal with that stuff and that a locker room bully wouldn't be tolerated by anyone.

disgruntled people make stuff up all the time.  I'm sure Parson's was mean to him, but there is zero evidence he sexually harassed him.  

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Relating to possibly selecting Micah Parsons at #30:

I heard Chris Brown on One Bills Live today say that when the Bills(presumably) exercise Tremaine Edmunds' 5th year option......... because he made the Pro Bowl in his first 3 years......his 2022 salary becomes fully guaranteed for 2022 at that moment when they exercise the option.........not just for injury..........and that the amount becomes the amount for the transition tag two years from now......so likely $15M-$16M.  

If this is true........not good.    Not being able to cut bait next spring takes away any leverage to get a long term deal done at a reasonable rate if he continues to not be a difference maker.

Puts pressure on to extend him and sets a pretty high bar for the salary at stake.

For the couple mill difference they might be better off NOT picking up the option and then being able to franchise tag him if he breaks out and seems worthy of that kinda' money.

As it relates to Parsons..........if they select him.........they may feel a lot less pressured to pick up that option(which has to be done a few days after the draft).

the Edmunds issue is why we need a LB at 30 or in the 2nd.  Also, we just flat out need a 3rd LB!   

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I laughed 

Pegs has his name on the PSU hockey arena, I’m sure they can vet him to the greatest extent in the event that he could fall 

Remember Yetur "We're Going to Sandusky You" Gross-Matos?  

Anyway, despite his name being on the hockey building, there is no way anyone at Penn State that Pegula would be able to pick up the phone to call is going to deep 6 this kid's prospects in the NFL. That's not how it's done.

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

disgruntled people make stuff up all the time.  I'm sure Parson's was mean to him, but there is zero evidence he sexually harassed him.  

the Edmunds issue is why we need a LB at 30 or in the 2nd.  Also, we just flat out need a 3rd LB!   

I hadn't read anywhere that Isaiah Humphries (son Of PSU player Leonard) was a disgruntled person.  

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Edmunds Decision is Beane’s second toughest test as GM.  The coach - who hired him - seems to love the player.  Can Beane make an objective evaluation of Edmunds and if so, will it lead to an expensive option for a player who has underperformed, setting the floor for an expensive second contract?  Alternatively will Beane go against the wishes of the coach who brought him here?  If they pay Edmunds they need to see a real jump in productivity.  They’ve been talking about potential for four years now.  It’s fine to pay for potential on a rookie deal but not a monster extension.

This kinda fits within the idea that something's eventually gotta give in defensive spending with Allen and Diggs coming up for extensions.  They can't afford another big dollar defender, especially one who is not a pass rusher or solid in coverage, without something else being sacrificed.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I have researched his character enough, but based strictly on play, I’d do that for sure.  

edmunds’ next contract is going to be a mofo!!  To pay or not to pay.  To trade or not to trade.  Based on last year, I wouldn’t pay.  I’d trade 

Based on the reactions to my post, I guess we are in the minority on this, lol. 

A lot of faith in Edmunds out there. 

Personally I've seen enough. I can live with him getting another year, but I am concerned that McBeane will give him a long term deal even if we don't see any improvement. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I laughed 

He's not the only one who will be vetting him. If he checks out okay, no way he makes it to the 30. If he doesn't and falls ALL the way to 30 - that means he's untouchable to The Process. Just not gonna happen any way you slice it. This is not the regime to take a chance a guy with issues.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

3 hours ago, appoo said:

I actually don't think this will be as difficult of a decision as fans imagine. My guess this is pretty straight forward, and an extension gets done without much difficulty

What's your prediction for the extension?

1) When it's done

2) The length of contract

3) The average annual value

4) How much guaranteed money  

19 minutes ago, Process said:

Personally I've seen enough. I can live with him getting another year, but I am concerned that McBeane will give him a long term deal even if we don't see any improvement. 

My guess is that Bills fans (those unimpressed with him) and Bills management are VERY far apart in their assessment of Tremaine Edmunds to date. 

The thing is, I'd love to be wrong on either point. Best case is Edmunds finally realizes he's a monster of a man and begins to play like it. Much less appealing is that the Bills decide he hasn't earned a long-term deal and they move on. 

Worst case is he continues logging low-impact (not inept, just not really impactful) performances and the Bills extend him for big money.

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is not surprising. Have been whispers of this all year and there were concerns with him going back to his recruitment. Could be there at 30. Would  ya?

Watch out for Jerry Jones on this one Parsons wants to be a Cowboy and if he’s there at 10 I think Jerry swings for the fences since he needs another front 7 difference maker badly 

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

My guess is that Bills fans (those unimpressed with him) and Bills management are VERY far apart in their assessment of Tremaine Edmunds to date. 

The thing is, I'd love to be wrong on either point. Best case is Edmunds finally realizes he's a monster of a man and begins to play like it. Much less appealing is that the Bills decide he hasn't earned a long-term deal and they move on. 

Worst case is he continues logging low-impact (not inept, just not really impactful) performances and the Bills extend him for big money.

If you’re right they’re going to be paying over $20M per year to two linebackers who need linemen to keep them clean.  But they’re also going to be paying the QB soon and I expect Diggs will start angling for a new deal as soon as now (he’s very underpaid relative to his peers).  So where are they going to cut corners?  They will end up having to cut some of their expensive defensive linemen but doing so will leave their overpaid linebackers exposed.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Process said:

Yeah.... I don’t think Edmunds is terrible. He’s a decent LB that could be MUCH better.  Maybe he’d be better off in another scheme and most certainly better off playing on the outside.  

It doesn’t really matter what we or anyone else thinks though.  McB and Edmunds have the only say that matters.  If Edmunds can put in the work and improve, it’ll make their decision a lot easier.  They will certainly pick up his 5th year option which. It’s him some more time. 

I just pray that they don’t throw him 15m+ a year unless he shows adequate improvement.  Last years play was clearly not worth the next big contract.

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What's your prediction for the extension?

1) When it's done

2) The length of contract

3) The average annual value

4) How much guaranteed money  

1) Next Spring, post F/A,  pre draft

2) 5 years

3) 15M (His 5th year option, if he makes the Pro Bowl this year which I think he will, would be ~ 15M)

4) 50 - 60%

BONUS) 10M signing Bonus, cap friendly out year in 2025

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you’re right they’re going to be paying over $20M per year to two linebackers who need linemen to keep them clean.  But they’re also going to be paying the QB soon and I expect Diggs will start angling for a new deal as soon as now (he’s very underpaid relative to his peers).  So where are they going to cut corners?  They will end up having to cut some of their expensive defensive linemen but doing so will leave their overpaid linebackers exposed.

New TV Deal should massively hike up the salary cap.

25 minutes ago, appoo said:

1) Next Spring, post F/A,  pre draft

2) 5 years

3) 15M (His 5th year option, if he makes the Pro Bowl this year which I think he will, would be ~ 15M)

4) 50 - 60%

BONUS) 10M signing Bonus, cap friendly out year in 2025

New TV Deal should massively hike up the salary cap.

His 5th year option has to be picked up 6 weeks from now........at which point it immediately becomes fully guaranteed(per Chris Brown) because he has already made a Pro Bowl.    I've heard nothing that indicates making a pro bowl this year matters.

So you are saying a $75M deal with around $40M guaranteed.

A $10M signing bonus doesn't seem realistic at all..........that's not a good % for a player for a contract that large.........and $2M allocated bonus every year is not going to backload the value of the deal............which will likely be necessary to make room with so many big contracts in place.

It will take several years for the salary cap to catch up to actual annual league revenue again.     This offseason the cap should have been around $150M based on the lost revenue of 2020........but the league and players agreed to subsidize this years cap at the expense of future ones.    

The TV deal is going to raise the cap gradually but even if it gets to $230M in 2024 that gain from today's figure is likely to be near totally consumed by Allen's cap figure alone.  

16 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I hate the idea of drafting an off ball LB that early but spending $15M+ on a MLB is near the equivalent of utilizing a first rounder on one.    If you are going to do that you want one who is actually a tone-setting playmaker.    The point man of your defense.    Edmunds simply hasn't been anywhere near that.   He's not even their best LB in a 2 LB defense.:lol:

• Like (+1) 3