Micah Parsons potential drop in draft

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Micah Parsons potential drop in draft
2 minutes ago, poblano said:

If he have "character concerns" why you think Buffalo will be interested?  seriously doubt Buffalo take him unless he drops drastically (3rd or most) and still i don't think so

I don’t know if they would think it’s worth a shot at 30... that another team might say no way at 6

A couple weeks ago Joe Marino mentioned a few players that he does not believe the Bills would draft because of character issues. Parsons was one. Jaelen Phillips was another. I can't remember the other ones, but those are 2 players you can take off our board at pick 30.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I doubt he falls to 30.  

If he is there, we would be crazy to pass on him unless he is in the realm Isaiah Wilson.  

odd the concerns are "bullying" and "sexual harassment" of a teammate.  Sound like Incognito type concerns.  In that case, this might be the team that gets him straightened out.  

Edited by RyanC883

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I wonder what team(s) are trying to manufacture the fall. 

Maybe Urban, he has a late first and knows his background very well. If he thinks he can handle him, it’s worth a pick there. 
Take your pick of issues with Parsons. Caught up in the party scene, the bullying stuff at PSU, the shady booster stuff, etc. 

Incredible athlete but not the type of guy you want to put in the wrong situation.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe Urban, he has a late first and knows his background very well. If he thinks he can handle him, it’s worth a pick there. 
Take your pick of issues with Parsons. Caught up in the party scene, the bullying stuff at PSU, the shady booster stuff, etc. 

Incredible athlete but not the type of guy you want to put in the wrong situation.

I don’t know much about the kid, and what little I’ve read is not flattering, so I’ll take your word for it. My only point is that the behavior has been under scrutiny for a year now and is quite well known, especially by those teams taking a deeper dive into an investigation of his past actions, and those deep dives can be quite exhaustive. Given the time of year and knowing everybody is trying to rob the same train as Buddy used to say, it’s common for a team or teams to float unflattering reports to help facilitate a fall. Happens all the time and goes back years. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Trade Edmunds for a 2nd round pick and draft Parsons at 30? I would. 

I also think the chance of something like that happening are exactly 0%.

I have researched his character enough, but based strictly on play, I’d do that for sure.  

edmunds’ next contract is going to be a mofo!!  To pay or not to pay.  To trade or not to trade.  Based on last year, I wouldn’t pay.  I’d trade 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is not surprising. Have been whispers of this all year and there were concerns with him going back to his recruitment. Could be there at 30. Would  ya?

This is bull####. I'm a Penn stater, I've been following his career since he's been in 10th grade. At PSU he was a 3.0 kid, graduated in 3 years, and been an awesome member of both team and community.  Not only did his teammates love him, but he was constantly at other PSU events such as wrestling meets and publicly supported other woman's sports. He NEVER had any issues with the law or any off field issues. He got suspended for a single half due to a team issue. 

Any such rumors are pure character assassinations, or people who only read that report from a former PSU player who transferred out after a single year and then filed a suit against PSU, and charging them with bullying, specifically citing Parsons and a few other player - a suit that completely failed because of a total lack of corroboration.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Clyde Smith said:

He sexually harassed his teammate?? Diggs better watch out for Damon lol.

He did not. That was alleged by an angry player who left the program after a year, in a suit that never went anywhere

Not like I'm trying to brush this over either, because I'm a Penn Stater. We've had to kick out players because we should never have recruited them in the first place. Franklin has made mistakes.

But at the same time he's learned from them and kicked kids out/refused to recruit some kids inspite of high rankings. Christian Barmore is an example of that, as he's from Philly, even though he seemed be a perfectly good kid at Bama.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Trade Edmunds for a 2nd round pick and draft Parsons at 30? I would. 

I also think the chance of something like that happening are exactly 0%.

Great idea.  Run Edmunds out of town at all cost.  He is, after all, the new magnet for all blame.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, appoo said:

Any such rumors are pure character assassinations, or people who only read that report from a former PSU player who transferred out after a single year and then filed a suit against PSU, and charging them with bullying, specifically citing Parsons and a few other player - a suit that completely failed because of a total lack of corroboration.

Well if nobody else in a Penn State locker room saw anything or was willing to corroborate that story everything must've been Jim Dandy, right? No offense, my sister went to Penn State. I follow Penn State Hockey and I'd like my kids to go to school there but they've lost their credibility in the "our football locker room is a nice place to be" department for a while longer. As much as we all tell each other that people just make this stuff up, they more often than not don't. Even if you were going to make up a story about for example your employer as a disgruntled former employee with an axe to grind, you probably aren't naming Phyllis who always saved you a jelly donut or Bob and Mike that you went to Happy hour with. You're naming the people who treated you like crap.

Parsons is a heckuva player and someone will draft him. If you think your locker room is strong enough that the veterans can get him in line and keep him there it's not a problem drafting him. If not, you avoid him. In short, he's not a player for a young defense with weak leadership. I'd like to think that Mcdermott and Frazier and the guys in the room could deal with that stuff and that a locker room bully wouldn't be tolerated by anyone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1