Brandon Beane at FSU and Bama pro days

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hamsah has some positional versatility as well. He's 6'4" and between 215-220lbs. He can run with anyone, cover, and really seems to love contact. That could be an answer to covering these big, faster than LB TE's. I also like Divine Deablo from VT for the same reasons, only he comes in at about 230lbs. 

From FSU I think Robinson, Hamsah, Wilson, Samuel, Kaindoh, and Terry are the guys getting mainly evaluated by our staff. 

How would you compare Hamsah to Derwin James

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

I'm a little skeptical of Nas. Obviously you see the size/speed/length/versatility of a guy like Thomas Davis/Shaq Thompson, but those guys were special athletes. I have concerns about him being a little stiff for a guy we'd be playing closer to the LOS and something's missing with this picture... The league's headed in a direction where he should be an extremely highly coveted prospect but the draftnik world seems to see him as a mid-2nd round pick. So either we're off and the league has him a lot higher, OR , he's not quite what people want him to be, thus the non-elite grade. I've not watched enough of his tape to form a really strong opinion on him, but that's my general question/thinking.

Marvin Wilson's an interesting one too... I can see him going in the 2nd or completely undrafted. Obviously a big recruit out of high school and when he flashes, HE FLASHES. But then there's HUGE stretches where he does absolutely nothing of impact. After what happened with Isaiah Wilson, I wonder if teams will take mental makeup, general approach to life a little more seriously. Wilson would make an intriguing 5th or 6th rounder for us, but I'd be willing to bet some team takes a risk on him a lot higher than that. 

The FSU defense is loaded with top recruits, but they mainly underachieved. That's been the case since Jimbo walked out the door in December of 2017. They've been terrible at developing the talent they have recruited. I don't give every guy on the team a pass, but I see all of these guys flash at different points and it makes me wonder if a big reason is coaching. Whether that be scheming to a player's talents, as in putting them in a position to succeed making the most of their natural abilities, or just play calling in general. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think they have good players, they can recruit at a high level  (ie cam Akers last year) but I don’t know what kind of culture these guys are coming from 

Yeah, and these things are cyclical. I'd bet a lot of money that FSU becomes a power again at some point in the not so distant future. Same thing with Miami. Even in their down years they always have some excellent prospects. If I'm a top prospect and I think I'll play at FSU and sit on the bench at Clemson, I'm going to FSU and not thinking twice. They finished ranked 8th as recently as the 2016 season.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Terry as a late rounder could be interesting.

Marvin Wilson with their 2nd or 3rd round pick would not be a shock

2nd would surprise me a bit, indicates a run on 1T, but 3rd would not.  

Hamasah sneaking into the 1st? 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they would like that safety as a potential big nickel

but can you imagine TBD trying to spell his name 

With us seemingly without a bona-fide 3rd linebacker,  this would make sense. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How would you compare Hamsah to Derwin James

James was faster coming out of college, the better blitzer of the two, and probably a little more fluid. Hamsah isn't going to run a 4.47 40yd dash, but he still has good speed at the position. As far as what you would draft them to do on defense I believe it is VERY similar. They both have an excellent closing burst, can neutralize TE's, cover RB's, play that in-the-box role, and take good angles when going after ball carriers. I think he would fit well into this defense and could be had in the late 2nd to late 3rd Round range. I think he'd thrive being here with guys like Poyer, Hyde, Tre, and Milano to take him under their wings as well as the coaching staff to teach him the nuances of the game.  

I hope the Bills sent someone here too. some mouthwatering prospects - but.... sometimes if Beane has already done his research he might throw out a red herring by not attending the pro day of a prospect he is really interested in. The draft h as, of late, become as much about not letting other teams know who you are interested in as the evaluations themselves and Beane has been good about playing the cards close to his chest.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Yep, he’s a good player. Would prefer Tedarrell Slaton in the 3rd but Marvin Wilson would be my runner up.

You're the first to mention Slaton (that I've seen), other than me on this board. I like him A LOT more than Wilson and think he'll be cheaper too...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, glazeduck said:

You're the first to mention Slaton (that I've seen), other than me on this board. I like him A LOT more than Wilson and think he'll be cheaper too...

Me too. He’s nastier than Wilson. Unstoppable at the point of attack, shuts down the run. May not be a huge sack guy but he gets pressure and forces the QB to move around. I’d love him RD3. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Me too. He’s nastier than Wilson. Unstoppable at the point of attack, shuts down the run. May not be a huge sack guy but he gets pressure and forces the QB to move around. I’d love him RD3. 👍

Yep, exactly the type of guy you want to take Star's spot next year...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Nasirildeen, all day. This team needs physical freaks that actually make plays on the field.

New England is going to go heavy 12 personnel. We'll need to counter that. Our defensive playbook against Baltimore will help. But having Nasirildeen covering TEs would make it a lot easier.

I have a man-crush on the guy, is what I'm trying to say.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

Nasirildeen, all day. This team needs physical freaks that actually make plays on the field.

New England is going to go heavy 12 personnel. We'll need to counter that. Our defensive playbook against Baltimore will help. But having Nasirildeen covering TEs would make it a lot easier.

I have a man-crush on the guy, is what I'm trying to say.

Him in the 2nd and Slaton in the 3rd. That'll shut that NE s*** down. They are gonna try to power run and playaction teams to death. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Brandon Beane at FSU and Bama pro days