Brandon Beane at FSU and Bama pro days

2 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

Would have to think this means they're interested in the more notable prospects (first 2 or 3 rounds), no?

That’s how I interpret which pro days  Beane decides to attend himself vs sending one of his assistants 

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I remember when FSU's pro day used to be the most anticipated pro day event of them all.

I still think they have good players, they can recruit at a high level  (ie cam Akers last year) but I don’t know what kind of culture these guys are coming from 

• Like (+1) 3

Nasildreen would be an interesting fit, Terry is an interesting developmental prospect.

I think he's there for the DEs -- both of those guys have prototype size/length/athleticism and while we could certainly use an improved pass rush, we don't necessarily need a guy to come in and start from day 1 (we're good enough to "weather the storm" and allow a guy like that to potentially develop). Both great diamond in the rough candidates...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I remember when FSU's pro day used to be the most anticipated pro day event of them all.

As a 30 year die hard FSU fan I approve this  message 

• Like (+1) 1

Samuel is a good but overrated prospect. 2nd/3rd round. Same with Nas, I think the Bills would most be interested in him out of these guys. 

Wilson(selfish), Robinson(Tarzan but Jane), and Kaindoh(injury prone and same as Robinson in description) pass on all 3 of these guys. 

Terry basically got booted from the team last year, a one trick pony with questionable hands and character

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Nasildreen would be an interesting fit, Terry is an interesting developmental prospect.

I think he's there for the DEs -- both of those guys have prototype size/length/athleticism and while we could certainly use an improved pass rush, we don't necessarily need a guy to come in and start from day 1 (we're good enough to "weather the storm" and allow a guy like that to potentially develop). Both great diamond in the rough candidates...

Hamsah has some positional versatility as well. He's 6'4" and between 215-220lbs. He can run with anyone, cover, and really seems to love contact. That could be an answer to covering these big, faster than LB TE's. I also like Divine Deablo from VT for the same reasons, only he comes in at about 230lbs. 

From FSU I think Robinson, Hamsah, Wilson, Samuel, Kaindoh, and Terry are the guys getting mainly evaluated by our staff. 

Edited by H2o

Hamsah is awesome. if he could put on 10 more pounds that puts him in the SHaq Thompson conversation as far as build, and taller. He could play the big nickel to start and provide an insurance policy at S. Would he be there at our pick in the 2nd round?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I've watched the Noles struggle through the last two seasons and can't believe how poorly they have performed as a team. That being said, Marvin Wilson has been a diamond in the ruff. I'm hoping he's available to the Bills in the 3rd round.

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hamsah has some positional versatility as well. He's 6'4" and between 215-220lbs. He can run with anyone, cover, and really seems to love contact. That could be an answer to covering these big, faster than LB TE's. I also like Divine Deablo from VT for the same reasons, only he comes in at about 230lbs. 

From FSU I think Robinson, Hamsah, Wilson, Samuel, Kaindoh, and Terry are the guys getting mainly evaluated by our staff. 

I'm a little skeptical of Nas. Obviously you see the size/speed/length/versatility of a guy like Thomas Davis/Shaq Thompson, but those guys were special athletes. I have concerns about him being a little stiff for a guy we'd be playing closer to the LOS and something's missing with this picture... The league's headed in a direction where he should be an extremely highly coveted prospect but the draftnik world seems to see him as a mid-2nd round pick. So either we're off and the league has him a lot higher, OR , he's not quite what people want him to be, thus the non-elite grade. I've not watched enough of his tape to form a really strong opinion on him, but that's my general question/thinking.

Marvin Wilson's an interesting one too... I can see him going in the 2nd or completely undrafted. Obviously a big recruit out of high school and when he flashes, HE FLASHES. But then there's HUGE stretches where he does absolutely nothing of impact. After what happened with Isaiah Wilson, I wonder if teams will take mental makeup, general approach to life a little more seriously. Wilson would make an intriguing 5th or 6th rounder for us, but I'd be willing to bet some team takes a risk on him a lot higher than that.