Who’s going to the draft?

7 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Umm. Can you? You just going to walk around the streets of Cleveland watching ESPN on your phone? Am I missing something or are they having fans in some form?

Roger has said they are going to have a big, in-person draft.

I've been a stickler for COVID protocols over the past year, but if vaccinations keep going like they are, they should be able to have people there without issue by May.

Just keep getting your shots, folks!

EDIT:

NFL plans “large, live, in-person” draft in Cleveland

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/SB-Blogs/Breaking-News/2021/03/NFL-Draft.aspx

Edited by DrDawkinstein

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sure.  I will be driving from Atlanta straight up 75.  If anyone is on the way, I'll stop by and pick you up.  You're giving me gas money.

Will you be coming through spaghetti junction (my neighborhood)? If so, pick me up. But I'm only paying for gas on the way back - to make sure you don't leave me there.

• Haha (+1) 3

Hmmmmmm - would be cool!  @Royale with Cheese I be coming from south of Tampa and trucking on up 75 meself!  Will be a slog for me......gotta work it out with da boss!!!  Wow - ON the lake......gonna be chilly....too chilly for me!!!  I did my "cold" time....Ima over that sheet.....

Go BILLS!

Edited by Kwai San

27 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Ass or gas. Nobody rides for free

Since I drive a Tacoma....gas.  If I drove a Prius.....

25 minutes ago, jabu said:

Will you be coming through spaghetti junction (my neighborhood)? If so, pick me up. But I'm only paying for gas on the way back - to make sure you don't leave me there.

I will not.  I'm in Alpharetta and already west of you.  You can meet me at Whole Foods off of one of the 400 exits.

24 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Hmmmmmm - would be cool!  @Royale with Cheese I be coming from south of Tampa and trucking on up 75 meself!  Will be a slog for me......gotta work it out with da boss!!!  Wow - ON the lake......gonna be chilly....too chilly for me!!!  I did my "cold" time....Ima over that sheet.....

Go BILLS!

Meet me in Chattanooga, TN?  I'll probably have to stop and get some gas there.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Can't imagine wanting to go to an NFL draft.

I guess I'm missing something.

I went to the Dallas and Nashville and they were an absolute blast. Was planning to go to Vegas last year. I'd be willing to bet this one is still pretty locked down, even if they allow some fans. It won't be the party that the others were. 

Wish i could go! Never been, but my interest has grown more and more each year. At one point i wouldnt have understood why people would go, but i do now! Good chance to hear stories about tomorrows nfl, be a part of history, watch these kids dreams come true, and of course hangout with other rabid nfl fans!

Next year im gunna meet my buddy at the senior bowl!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i'm going to start telling my wife this.

She’s probably sick of your ass AND your gas already! 

I used to think attending a draft was kind of lame. That was when it was in NYC and it was a bunch of schlubs in Jets jerseys. After that Nashville draft I changed my mind! I’d hit the right city to be part of that! 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

Cleveland area vaccination are going real well.  Indians allow 30% capacity and they are really excited for Browns around here.  I'll bet plenty of people are here for festivities after long cold winter.

2 hours ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

Cleveland area vaccination are going real well.  Indians allow 30% capacity and they are really excited for Browns around here.  I'll bet plenty of people are here for festivities after long cold winter.

Its spring dik head

• Dislike 1