So if we trade our first and second for the 18th pick who would you take

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/games/draft-pick-value.php

Trading 30+61 for an 18 puts us at  -1.32 about even trade That puts us a trade with Miami or Washington.

I ran a mock draft with a few different calculators and these were just some of the players that were available. 

Edge Kwity Payne 

Edge Greggory Rousseau

TE Kyle Pitts

CB Caleb Farley

T Christian Darrisaw

T Tevin Jenkings

CB Patrick Surtain II

CB Jayce Horn

LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

RB Najee Harris

Other?

Funny how much these sims vary 

This is something just for fun

Thoughts

• Vomit 1

33 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Thoughts

You should tell us who we should trade up for who will make a difference to give up our 2nd..

I don’t see his name on that list other than Pitts who is long gone come 18

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

You should tell us who we should trade up for who will make a difference to give up our 2nd..

I don’t see his name on that list other than Pitts who is long gone come 18

Surtain, Farley and JOK are all difference makers. The two corners no way last to 18. JOK might but you don't trade up all that way for an off the ball linebacker. 

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Trading 30+61 for an 18 puts us at  -1.32 about even trade That puts us a trade with Miami or Washington.

I ran a mock draft with a few different calculators and these were just some of the players that were available. 

Edge Kwity Payne 

Edge Greggory Rousseau

TE Kyle Pitts

CB Caleb Farley

T Christian Darrisaw

T Tevin Jenkings

CB Patrick Surtain II

CB Jayce Horn

RB Najee Harris

Other?

Thoughts

Kwity or Koramoah otherwise I pass on trading up. 

17 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think at least 2, but more likely 3-4 players from your list will be available at 30.

I think people are underestimating how different boards will teams have this year, esp. when it comes to players who opted out.

Jenkins will be there IMO. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see in such a strong tackle class people going for a guy who is a right tackle only that high. Remember the guy the Jags took out of Florida a couple of years ago - Jawaan Taylor? He did have a little bit of a medical flag but nothing serious and people talked him up all draft season as a potential top 10 or 15 player but I said all along "he is right side only and that will hurt his stock" and he ended up sliding into day 2. When NFL teams take tackles in round 1 they almost always believe they are guys who can man the left side, even if they don't necessarily intend to start them off there.

Rather keep #30 and our second.

Do not want anyone on the list at 18.

We will let the draft fall to us at 30 and see what we can do.

I wouldn’t be shocked if at least 2-3 of those guys aren’t still available at 30 and if we move up to draft a RB - I think our collective heads should explode.  

Man- I just can not wait for training camp.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’d take the keys to the draft room away from Beane. This team is not one player away. Hell almost no team in the NFL is one player away - certainly not a rookie. Theta.ent level at 18 will be little different that at 30. Let a run on WR and QBs take place and watch the front 7 defenders fall nicely to you at 30

• Thank you (+1) 1

well, this draft is oddly important.  we've traded up with mixed success (one huge win, one one, one maybe win, a couple losses), but it's clear beane and co like to deal on draft day.  if they have their scouting down right, i'll trust them getting what they think is an immediately disruptive edge rusher, which is who i think we'd trade up for.

the only other trade up value i can think of, is another tre white level corner who can paste on the other side, letting mccorch play wizard with the front 7 and create pass rush that way.

while a pass rusher is the most glaring need, if we can get young tre like production out of a rookie contract, that really is a no brainer.  with the rotation we have on DL, although i don't think we we have now fits the bill, we have a shot at manufacturing pass rusher.  our cb2 will be on the pitch basically every snap.  mega lock down corners on a mcbean D is a scary sight.

Trading up would mean that we think the person we are targeting is going to give us instant returns and is worth the move. Beane has only done this to to truly target individuals. That being said - I think picks are at a premium this year do to the cap and it's unlikely that teams drafting in the top 20 will want to drop back. I think our biggest issue is that we have no true "holes" on our team and any draft pick spent is either hope for improvement or depth/eventual replacement. To go a bit deeper here:

RB - Could we use an upgrade? Sure.... but it's not like our RB are terrible (both averaged 4.4 and 4.3 ypc last year)

CB #2 - Could we use a true CB 2? You bet - but we could also do a lot worse than Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson competing here

DE - not really a hole so much as we need/want to find the future of the position (I think this is probably our 1st or 2nd pick)

OLB - A true SAM would be nice if and only if we plan to use the player in typical 4-3 formations instead of being in 2LB sets 90% of the time

OT/OG/C - Replacements for Morse, Williams, and Feliciano down the line or an upgrade over Ford

DT - Replacement for Star. 

S - Someone to groom for Hyde and Poyer as they age out of the league.

That's basically all of our needs. The question is, how good do we feel about moving up for a person to fill any of those roles and how much do we value their possible impact for this season. If I had to guess DE and the CB 2 are our top 2 concerns, followed by Big Man DT, and an eventual Center that we play as backup Guard for now. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Edge Kwity Payne 

Edge Greggory Rousseau

TE Kyle Pitts

CB Caleb Farley

T Christian Darrisaw

T Tevin Jenkings

CB Patrick Surtain II

CB Jayce Horn

RB Najee Harris

Other?

Thoughts

No way does Miami trade down from 18 for picks this year.  They are looking to rebuild fast and will want a couple impact players at 3 & 18.  It’s just so difficult to get from the late to the middle of the first round in any year because of how the tiers of prospects usually fall.  I get that this is a slow time and it is just for fun - so have at it - but realistically it would be very expensive to make a move like this.

16 minutes ago, colin said:

well, this draft is oddly important.  we've traded up with mixed success (one huge win, one one, one maybe win, a couple losses), but it's clear beane and co like to deal on draft day.  if they have their scouting down right, i'll trust them getting what they think is an immediately disruptive edge rusher, which is who i think we'd trade up for.

the only other trade up value i can think of, is another tre white level corner who can paste on the other side, letting mccorch play wizard with the front 7 and create pass rush that way.

while a pass rusher is the most glaring need, if we can get young tre like production out of a rookie contract, that really is a no brainer.  with the rotation we have on DL, although i don't think we we have now fits the bill, we have a shot at manufacturing pass rusher.  our cb2 will be on the pitch basically every snap.  mega lock down corners on a mcbean D is a scary sight.

I think this is not a good year to be looking for a 4-3 DE.  

• Agree 1