good watch I just found - Kurt Warner breaks down Josh Allen Bills vs Broncos

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hadn't know before that Kurt Warner had a regular Youtube series breaking down QB play. 

For those who like the X's and the O's give it a watch

Kurt Warner was an Allen doubter.  Sounds like he's come around.

Funny you posted this, I saw it yesterday, almost turned it off because I wasn't sure it was Kurt at first. He sounded quiet and low. But, it is for sure and I loved his analysis.

He points out how good Josh is at seeing the blitz and then throwing to an area of the field once he sees the coverage allows it. Kurt was definitely impressed.

Broncos were a pretty weak, beat up team when the Bills played them....especially on defense.  I wouldn't put a lot of stock in analytics of that game.    Now Josh's game winning (shb) drive against a solid Az. secondary, now that was impressive. 

Just sayin'

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Broncos were a pretty weak, beat up team when the Bills played them....especially on defense.  I wouldn't put a lot of stock in analytics of that game.    Now Josh's game winning (shb) drive against a solid Az. secondary, now that was impressive. 

Just sayin'

I don't think the point is to charactarize it as "impressive" or not, the point is to share knowledge of how Josh is reading the field and making decisions.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This breakdown is just another example of how special Josh really is imo. Some of these throws he makes with ease are throws only a couple other people in this league can make. That seam route to Kumerow? The only other guys who have the arm to make that throw are Rodgers and Mahomes. The flat-footed, angled pass to Beasley in the flat? Only a couple other guys in this league. The arm strength Josh has is unbelievable and it allows him to do the things we saw this past season. The improvement in his accuracy makes him a threat no matter how small the window seems to be. The REALLY scary thing in all of this for the rest of the NFL? Josh is still growing. Having him now makes the 20 years we were looking for a Franchise QB all seem worth it. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I remember rolling my eyes so hard I nearly sprained them when Warner said he believed that because Allen was so tall, his "levers were too long" for him to ever be able to consistently display good mechanics and be an accurate quarterback. 🙄

Glad to see that he's come around. Thanks for the post.

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

QuarterbackWonderlic ScoreCollege

Josh Allen 37 Wyoming

Josh Rosen 29 UCLA

Sam Darnold 28 USC

Baker Mayfield 25 Oklahoma

Lamar Jackson 13 Louisville

Tony Romo, Andrew Luck also had a 37 score. Brady had a 33. Peyton Manning had a 28. Aaron Rodgers had a 35. Cam Newton 21. Vince Young 6.

https://wonderlictestpractice.com/josh-allen-wonderlic-score/#:~:text=The NFL Scouting Combine is,a 37 on the test.

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Like (+1) 2

Would love to see Josh doing these videos during off season.  DCs would see them and have a bit of panic attack for it would be difficult to find way to defend against him.  As someone who used to do teaching/training it also reinforces knowledge with instructor.

Warner took some issue to the throw Josh made without resetting his feet.  Josh does it often and makes nice throws that way.  The release is quicker (no readjustment of his feet) and the open stance, sidearm delivery puts the ball around the oncoming pass rusher with little chance for them to bat the ball.  It's the kind of throw a 2nd baseman often makes to start a double play.  The quicker release, arm whip throw can still be made accurately.  I think that nasty throw Josh made to John Brown at the goal line vs. the LV Raiders (should have been ruled a TD) was made that way.  John Brown was running to the sideline and out of time and the throw had to get there quick.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Warner took some issue to the throw Josh made without resetting his feet.  Josh does it often and makes nice throws that way.  The release is quicker (no readjustment of his feet) and the open stance, sidearm delivery puts the ball around the oncoming pass rusher with little chance for them to bat the ball.  It's the kind of throw a 2nd baseman often makes to start a double play.  The quicker release, arm whip throw can still be made accurately.  I think that nasty throw Josh made to John Brown at the goal line vs. the LV Raiders (should have been ruled a TD) was made that way.  John Brown was running to the sideline and out of time and the throw had to get there quick.

One of the absolute worst calls of the season by the refs.  It was 100% without a shadow of a doubt a TD.  How that was not in the refs eyes is as puzzling to me as the made FG by Bass in week 1 they said was no good.  

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Just sayin'

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

One of the absolute worst calls of the season by the refs.  It was 100% without a shadow of a doubt a TD.  How that was not in the refs eyes is as puzzling to me as the made FG by Bass in week 1 they said was no good.  

And the fumble against the Colts, that they reviewed and still got it wrong.

But this video is great. Thankfully Kurt Warner is coming around on JA because I've always respected his analysis.

• Agree 2

Watched it last night, good to see.