Trade out of 30 for 2022 1st?

The OP offer could be a great deal depending on how the draft goes.  

If a player is available at 30 that they think is great, then no trades.

and if that player is not there, take the deal.  The extra 3rd could make it easy to trade up in the second to get a guy they like.  Then walk away with an extra 1st for 2022..  

Im glad McBean is making the decision tho.....

I don't think it's edge rusher or bust.... I want a pass rusher for sure but to bump a 2nd round value at 30th overall doesn't make much sense. If there is a CB/RB/OL/ LB who falls down the draft there is no reason not to draft that position, maybe they don't see an edge rusher of value until round 3, I just hope that player makes some type of positive impact in year 1. That's all you can hope for with these prospects but if you go into the draft thinking we have to select an edge rusher at all costs then that's how teams fail in the draft imo, take the best available player who can help your team within reason. 

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt Beane would consider it. They need young cheap talent.

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I feel that the future is now, and we need to go upwards and grab someone who can help us immediately.

That's why I would trade our first and second round picks this year and our 1st next year. Let's face it they are all late picks. Our 2nd round pick this year is really a high 3rd round pick. We need to make a bold move.

That's not bold, it's reckless. It's not good practice. 

The Watkins trade is one of many showing why that is not a good idea.

The Massey and Thaler study has shown conclusively why it's not a good idea. Statistically, teams do better trading down than trading up. The only time you want to give up such a large haul is trading up for a potential franchise QB. The Harvard Sport Collective studied the same thing and found the same thing. It's been studied a ton, actually and they all find the same thing. Which is you shouldn't do this.

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I would much rather attempt to trade up this year.

How far could we move up if we offer Pick #30, our 2nd round pick, and our first round pick in 2022?

That should get you roughly to pick 10

Like KC did with us for Mahomes 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SWATeam said:

What do you think the 30th pick is worth a year later?

It really depends who's on the board if a guy like Ojulari is there u can't move bk because u won't get him in that area. With that being said I don't know if Ojulari is a Mcd type DE he's a little under sized and wins with speed . Mcd traditionally likes bigger bodied bull rushers. 

We won't get that value for the 30th pick. That being said - if we trade back, we'll know how the staff feels about those on the board at the time of the pick. If we do use the #30 pick, then we are probably getting a steal. The first round is notorious for teams taking an over abundance on certain things like QBs, or hype players (Pitts), and whatever position an early run pushes (usually O-line or CB). There's also the early WR picks There will absolutely be value at #30, the question is does it line up with what we need and/or can we flip it for additional more practical value during later picks. Having no 4th rounders is a bit brutal with some of the depth of this draft. 

13 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Looking at pick 30, it doesn’t look like there will be a decent pass rusher available and it seems too early to take an interior OL.  What would people think of trading out for a 2022 first and maybe a 2021 3rd?

Thought process is that any 2022 pick is likely to be earlier than #30 and DL prospects are weak this year.

Thoghts?

Not many will give up a 2022 R1.  I've run the draft simulator a lot, and it gives the Bills a lot of options for trading back and picking up an R2 in 2022. Depending on who is available at 30, one of my strategies has been to move back and pick up assets to use for a move up in 2022.  You still get a few good players this year, and you have the assets to move into the top 10 next year for that edge rusher.  No idea what the pool looks like next year, but this year seems to be full of potential boom-bust types.

20 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Looking at pick 30, it doesn’t look like there will be a decent pass rusher available and it seems too early to take an interior OL.  What would people think of trading out for a 2022 first and maybe a 2021 3rd?

Thought process is that any 2022 pick is likely to be earlier than #30 and DL prospects are weak this year.

Thoghts?

Absolutely not.  The Bills’ window is now. We need to add players who can help us get to the Super Bowl this season.

21 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Whatever GM would trade a future 1 for pick 30 should be fired on the spot

Any GM who accepts a trade for the 30th pick THIS YEAR for anything less than a first round pick next year should be shot on the spot. 

Its a bold a strategy but typically offering 85 cents one year from now to get a dollar today is an offer with no takers.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:11 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

Thoghts?

Depends whether or not Travis Etienne is still on the board if he’s there he’s going to be a Bill if not they go defense 

On 3/21/2021 at 6:14 PM, Aussie Joe said:

Thats the haul we got for Mahomes when we traded out of Pick 10...

Is a player of that quality likely to be there at Pick 30? 

It takes two to tango... who and for what player is a team giving that up for?

Actually we got two first round picks not one

No way. We are in win now mode and can use a talented player in the first round to get us over the top THIS year. Having two firsts next year isn’t going to help us this year when we might be a player away from winning it all. 

On 3/21/2021 at 6:11 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

Thoghts?

Future is now. Trading out would be silly.