Trade out of 30 for 2022 1st?

Looking at pick 30, it doesn’t look like there will be a decent pass rusher available and it seems too early to take an interior OL.  What would people think of trading out for a 2022 first and maybe a 2021 3rd?

Thought process is that any 2022 pick is likely to be earlier than #30 and DL prospects are weak this year.

Thoghts?

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Looking at pick 30, it doesn’t look like there will be a decent pass rusher available and it seems too early to take an interior OL.  What would people think of trading out for a 2022 first and maybe a 2021 3rd?

Thought process is that any 2022 pick is likely to be earlier than #30 and DL prospects are weak this year.

Thoghts?

Whatever GM would trade a future 1 for pick 30 should be fired on the spot

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Thoghts?

Interesting take...I’ve actually been interested in just trading back 8-10 spots, and picking an extra 3rd rounder...

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Nobody would offer a future first round pick to get into the very end of the first round

it has bern done before.  I don’t expect such a bet.

a team doing that would be a team who expects to pick 25-32 next year, not a team in rebuildwho could pick in top 10.

better option is trade down. Maybe a team offers their 2nd and a 2nd next year

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

What do you think the 30th pick is worth a year later?

Exactly!  It's a first round pick for a first round pick.  This year holds more value than next year.  If a QB/player falls that someone in round 2 likes, I would be all ears!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Thoghts?

I would much rather attempt to trade up this year.

How far could we move up if we offer Pick #30, our 2nd round pick, and our first round pick in 2022?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

How far could we move up if we offer Pick #30, our 2nd round pick, and our first round pick in 2022?

I’d keep our 2nd this year and next years 1st, but I like your idea.  I’d be open to trade a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year.  That’d probably get us in the 17-18 range.  If Pitts, Farley, or Owusu fall, I’d rather go get an elite talent than trade down.  

• Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Thats the haul we got for Mahomes when we traded out of Pick 10...

Is a player of that quality likely to be there at Pick 30? 

It takes two to tango... who and for what player is a team giving that up for?

We got pick 27 and future 1st in the 2017 trade.  What I speculated on was pick 30 for a 2022 first and 2021 3rd.  

Given Bills needs: DE, TE, CB - I don’t see any help, except at CB, available at pick 30.

22 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Who in this draft is worth that?  Nobody that I can see...

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I’d keep our 2nd this year and next years 1st, but I like your idea.  I’d be open to trade a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year.  That’d probably get us in the 17-18 range.  If Pitts, Farley, or Owusu fall, I’d rather go get an elite talent than trade down.  

I feel that the future is now, and we need to go upwards and grab someone who can help us immediately.

That's why I would trade our first and second round picks this year and our 1st next year. Let's face it they are all late picks. Our 2nd round pick this year is really a high 3rd round pick. We need to make a bold move.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Whatever GM would trade a future 1 for pick 30 should be fired on the spot

I remember some drafts where a team traded the next year's 1st rounder for that year's 2nd round pick.  The problem for the Bills if they did that would be they wouldn't have a 1st rounder this year & their 1st pick would be #61 where the teams that traded away their 2nd rounder already picked in the 1st round.  

Here's one where a team traded their 2nd rounder for a #1 pick 2 years away

San Diego → Tampa Bay (PD). Tampa Bay traded their 1998 second-round pick to San Diego in exchange for their first round pick in 2000.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I feel that the future is now, and we need to go upwards and grab someone who can help us immediately.

That's why I would trade our first and second round picks this year and our 1st next year. Let's face it they are all late picks. Our 2nd round pick this year is really a high 3rd round pick. We need to make a bold move.

Problem is, who is it that really helps them this year?  The pass rushers are all risky prospects, no TE within any reach is that good after Pitts, and I don’t thin a RB makes much difference with this OL.

22 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

We got pick 27 and future 1st in the 2017 trade.  What I speculated on was pick 30 for a 2022 first and 2021 3rd.  

Fair enough... 

I think I would prefer them to take someone at 30... or trade down 5-6 spots even if this only nets them a 4th... They can get someone of value around this area.