Backup QB 2022

Since the Bills signed Trubisky with the intent of 1 & done in 2021, they'll be in the market for a new backup in 2022.  If Sam Darnold has another mediocre season, he'll be in the same spot Trubisky was in this offseason.  If that's the case I think Sam Darnold will be the backup in 2022.  Shades of when OJ was the franchise & the Bills drafted his buddy Al Cowlings. 

Now I don't expect any murders or slow speed chases after Josh & Sam retire. 😄

• Vomit 4

If Josh has a healthy season I think they will go back to drafting backups to develop.

Just b.c he is Allen's buddy better mean nothing. The guy is not a good QB, he was never meant for the NFL. He never looked like a leader ever always the guy who is just on a team.

Edited by TBBills

22 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Since the Bills signed Trubisky with the intent of 1 & done in 2021, they'll be in the market for a new backup in 2022.  If Sam Darnold has another mediocre season, he'll be in the same spot Trubisky was in this offseason.  If that's the case I think Sam Darnold will be the backup in 2022.  Shades of when OJ was the franchise & the Bills drafted his buddy Al Cowlings. 

Now I don't expect any murders or slow speed chases after Josh & Sam retire. 😄

We don't know if that is the intent. What if Josh wants too much? What if they can't come to a long-term solution with JA.? You never know so Trubisky is a nice plan B. They may want to see what he's got and see if he can develop into a viable solution at a better cost so they can build competitively around him.  Beane is smart enough to always have a Plan B, plus Trubisky is a great backup for a SB run. He may love the team and want to stay if the price is right.

I think they are looking at Fromm as the backup in 2022 either way

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

We don't know if that is the intent. What if Josh wants too much? What if they can't come to a long-term solution with JA.? You never know so Trubisky is a nice plan B. They may want to see what he's got and see if he can develop into a viable solution at a better cost so they can build competitively around him.  Beane is smart enough to always have a Plan B, plus Trubisky is a great backup for a SB run. He may love the team and want to stay if the price is right.

Stop 🤣

• Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

he literally couldn’t ask for too much unless he really comes out and takes big steps backwards. 

Someone we would never have thought of... as an example, MT....

Honestly why not Trubisky again. They could do far worse. Fromm will be a training camp cut and maybe bring back for the PS. Just carry two QBs this year so they can keep an extra linemen or DB. They have two spots tied up for special teams in Matakevich and Jones. So an extra roster spot for a guy that won't play teams would be wise especially if they draft o-line.

I think they will likely go with Fromm as the pure backup and either draft a younger player to be the QB3 or sign a very cheap vet. Not sure how they go about it but I think after giving Fromm two seasons to cook and learn they are going to be comfortable with him as the backup

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Now that we have Josh, there’s probably no other position I care less about than backup QB.

I dont know if we should do that.......I by no means want a QB contiversy but we need a "the wheels wont fall off" guy behind Josh.

I need to see Fromm in pre season

17 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

If trubisky does not get any playing time I really do not see him being a hot commodity after next year probably would be happy to be the back up again

I still think he is a trade chip

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

There is NO WAY in the world that they're not going to extend Josh Allen, NONE.  Beane knows how tough it is to find a franchise QB & he also knows if the Bills tried to replace Josh with Mitch Trubisky Pegula would have to spend a lot more $ to build a new stadium than any contract he'd end up giving Josh because if the Bills tried to sell fans on Trubisky over Allen the fans would riot and wreck the current stadium beyond repair.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1