Bakin

If we go Defense in Round 1  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you take at 30?

• Christian Barmore, DL (Bama)
    • Jayson Oweh, LB (Penn)
    • Elijah Molden, CB (Washington)

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

He's going Top 15. I'd love him but I don't think Beane will move up that far when we already don't have a 4th. It would probably take a 3rd and a day 2 pick in 2022 which may be too much.

I can see a guy like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah at 30 if we stay and draft D.  He's quick, physical and will be converted to a hybrid S/LB when we play 5 DB's (4-2-5) He can cover TE's, which we will need, especially against NE.  He's little smaller than we'd like on D, but I think he could be affective and eventually take over for Hyde or Poyer in a few years.

I think this draft is really unpredictable. Rousseau could go 15 or 45. Same with guys like Phillips, Z.Collins, etc. This year is a total crapshoot.

48 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Wrong again.

The Bills Offense did nothing against the Chiefs Defense.

Don't forget what got you to this point.

Offense > Defense.

Build around Josh. Stop overthinking it. Invest your high-end resources to help your #1 player.

If anything, the offense (and Josh) needs interior blocking, and perhaps a gadget player (to replace McKenzie).  Thing is, both of those can be had in rounds 3-6.  I suspect Josh is like Ben early in his career (and similar to krav maga):  he can make a deadly weapon out of anyone.  As long as they do their job, he will get the ball to them.  This is why Sanders is a perfect fit for a #2 WR - he gets to the precise spot he's supposed to be on each play.

By drafting defense (and interior blocking) in the early rounds in the 10 years after Ben was drafted, the Steelers were able to get studs like Bud Dupree, Ryan Shazier, Cam Heyward, Lawrence Timmons, and Lamarr Woodley.  And 3 Super Bowl appearances.

Edge, CB2, and 1-tech DT should be invested early in the upcoming draft.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted for CB, not necessarily the person, but more the position.  IMO the easiest positions for a rookie to come in and start are RB, O-Line (assuming max of 2 rookies on line) and CB in that order.  Of those three positions, I feel CB is the position in most need of an upgrade to the starter.  They could certainly use an Edge rusher, but not sure you'll be getting a game changer type player at #30.  The running game has struggled alot last season, but not sure the team is ready to give up on their last two 3rd round picks so not sure they feel they need a new starter.  Same with the line, they have 5 their 5 starters back, plus Ike and Bates.  I do think they will draft at least one if not two O-lineman, but not looking for them to be a major contributor this season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Wrong again.

The Bills Offense did nothing against the Chiefs Defense.

Don't forget what got you to this point.

Offense > Defense.

Build around Josh. Stop overthinking it. Invest your high-end resources to help your #1 player.

Nothing I said is wrong.  I gave you facts and you ignored them.  You’re absolutely incorrect in everything you’ve said so far.

Defense must be the priority in the draft because it was not addressed in FA. An edge rusher and a good man coverage DB is a must. We will have to win shootouts if we can't upgrade the front four rush and the cover corners. The offense will need a between the tackles tough running back, but in the later rounds.