Bills checked in on Adoree Jackson

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Jackson seems like he's gonna sign a deal that's waaaay out of the Bills price range.

I'm so irritated that the cap shrunk this year. I really feel that some of the edge rushers and corners on the market could have really helped the Bills, and we would have had roughly $30M instead of $5M when free agency started. 

Grrrrrr.

Everyone would have had $25M more, would not have made a bunch of difference.

no offense to Mr Jacksons Mom but naming your kid Adoree is just MEAN..Ive only just read it and already I can hear the mean kid taunts..maybe it instilled toughness though lol  it reads feminine to me am I the only one?

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Jackson seems like he's gonna sign a deal that's waaaay out of the Bills price range.

I'm so irritated that the cap shrunk this year. I really feel that some of the edge rushers and corners on the market could have really helped the Bills, and we would have had roughly $30M instead of $5M when free agency started. 

Grrrrrr.

Well, we went 13-3 and we’re keeping all our guys, so that’s one way of looking at it.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Grrrrrr.

Yeah but every other team would also have had an extra $30 mil to spend too.  Likely the players signed would have seen a bump in the contracts they got so that would have taken some of the $$ away and teams would have been able to more players and more teams competing for same players as all would have had more cap space.

6 hours ago, TOboy said:

Have a hunch they are in on Jackson and Sherman, who are both interested in us, but we’re not meeting their asking price. Hoping the longer they go unsigned the more likely one of them winds up a Bill.

Xavier Rhodes went back to Indy for 1 year 6.5 million.  Jackson will get at least that.  Sherman won’t be far off from it if he is at all.

11 hours ago, Logic said:

Grrrrrr.

Money isn't a issue if we really wanted any player we could of opened up the space to do so. The cap is gonna shoot threw the roof starting next yr so all that kicking the can talk is just GM speak in this case. 

The Front office loves the team they have otherwise they would of made the moves. This was the best yr I ever seen in free agency especially on Defense the streets were loaded with talent . Pass rushers and corners were in abundance but if u look to 2021 the free agent list gets very small at those positions. Carl Lawson deal will be small change in a couple yrs we should signed him . We dropped the ball by not doing anything in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Money isn't a issue if we really wanted any player we could of opened up the space to do so. The cap is gonna shoot threw the roof starting next yr so all that kicking the can talk is just GM speak in this case. 

The Front office loves the team they have otherwise they would of made the moves. This was the best yr I ever seen in free agency especially on Defense the streets were loaded with talent . Pass rushers and corners were in abundance but if u look to 2021 the free agent list gets very small at those positions. Carl Lawson deal will be small change in a couple yrs we should signed him . We dropped the ball by not doing anything in my opinion.

While we can agree if we want a player, we can do it, but Beane just took us out of cap hell and we went 6-10.  He wants to win now and later.  His words.  The cap is not going to explode in 2022.  I believe it was projected to be $203.5 mil.  One of the capologists here broke it down.  I can’t remember his source, but check the thread on the cap.  He mentioned in 2023 is when we’ll see a big leap to $225 mil.,  so basically catches up to what it would have been if we didn’t have that little societal problem we don’t discuss (Mods I did my best not to say that word p.n....c).  

2024 is the time we start to really feel these new contracts.  This may go up faster, but that’s if we go back to 100% occupancy in our stadiums.  I honestly have no idea how the Governors are going to manage their respective states.  It’s all good news, but suggests we are being careful.  All of the contracts we drew up in 2019 and before were predicated on a cap going up $10 mil./yr. avg. for the previous 8 years.  

Edited by machine gun kelly

13 hours ago, Muppy said:

no offense to Mr Jacksons Mom but naming your kid Adoree is just MEAN..Ive only just read it and already I can hear the mean kid taunts..maybe it instilled toughness though lol  it reads feminine to me am I the only one?

I kinda wish you started the post with "I'm sorry Ms. Jackson"

4 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Well, yeah it's GM talk, but that doesn't make it less real. It's completely real.

He doesn't like to kick the can down the road. He didn't say he wasn't able to do that. He said he didn't like to do it, and he said he's not going to do it, and for good reason. Overdoing it is financially unsound in the long run even if it provides instant gratification. 

Sure, even if you're close to the limit on your first credit card, you can use your second one to pay it off so you can borrow more money. It works great short-term but it's bad practice. I love that we have a GM that gets this.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Well, yeah it's GM talk, but that doesn't make it less real. It's completely real.

He doesn't like to kick the can down the road. He didn't say he wasn't able to do that. He said he didn't like to do it, and he said he's not going to do it, and for good reason. Overdoing it is financially unsound in the long run even if it provides instant gratification. 

Sure, even if you're close to the limit on your first credit card, you can use your second one to pay it off so you can borrow more money. It works great short-term but it's bad practice. I love that we have a GM that gets this.

True but our SB window is now.

I think it’s less akin to borrowing against your credit card and more akin to taking a loan from your 401k.  It can be frowned upon but there are times when it makes sense liking using it as a down payment for a home when you’re renting or to pay off high interest credit card debt.  Whereas it’s never smart to taking out a 2nd credit card to pay off a first.  
I think Beane will borrow against his 401k for the right player.  Like Watt or Ertz or Gronk.  I don’t think he was gonna give out a huge deal to a young player before he gives Josh his deal.  

20 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I see what your saying and agree to a certain extent but there was also cuts he could and should of made instead of restructuring with Butler and Addison. I realize they opened up nearly 4mil in space but if we cut them it would of been 13mil . There's your edge rusher money right there and u can sign a bkup DT in free agency for cheap and still a little money to play with. 

Continuity is good if u have something good to begin with but Addison and Butler were not very good last yr and on top of that Addison is going to be 34yrs old this coming season.  When it comes to Butler he's still nearly 5mil against the cap after his restructure and for a team that's running on cap fumes that doesn't make much sense . U just don't pay a bkup DT that kind of money. 

Don't get me wrong I love Beane I just thought he dropped the ball this off-season and it's arguable that he's not that good in free agency as well. I believe he flourishes when signing vet min deals but when he dishes out the money to new comers like Norman, Butler, Addison, Jefferson, Vontae , Klien & Murphy it's been a underwhelming job to say the least in that department.