Bills checked in on Adoree Jackson

Have a hunch they are in on Jackson and Sherman, who are both interested in us, but we’re not meeting their asking price. Hoping the longer they go unsigned the more likely one of them winds up a Bill.

Jackson seems like he's gonna sign a deal that's waaaay out of the Bills price range.

I'm so irritated that the cap shrunk this year. I really feel that some of the edge rushers and corners on the market could have really helped the Bills, and we would have had roughly $30M instead of $5M when free agency started. 

Grrrrrr.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, DJB said:

Why did we check in with him? 

Was there something wrong and we had to make sure he was ok?

He has been a bit ill lately and they wanted to make sure he was ok...

Surely It wasn’t to offer him $2.5m

Edited by Aussie Joe

I'm sure Beane checks up on every free agent and sees what they want / what is their market. Same reason we checked in on Gronk but never offered a contract. It is his job. Not sure this is news worthy at all. 

Edited by dje85

Logic, the one that drives me nuts and many of you know it is I would’ve been fine with Ngakoue going to the Raiders for $18 mil., or more, but $13 mil.  You can’t tell me he could’ve helped us at that price.  We could’ve found that $.

it’s over so moving on.  The other needs were over paid so I’m fine with Beane’s call.  Do you really think Yannick wants to be a Raider vs. the team that was an edge rush away from the SB.  I know we could’ve been better on offense, but we had four banged up WRs.  An excellent edge rush with four could have made a difference.

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Jackson seems like he's gonna sign a deal that's waaaay out of the Bills price range.

I'm so irritated that the cap shrunk this year. I really feel that some of the edge rushers and corners on the market could have really helped the Bills, and we would have had roughly $30M instead of $5M when free agency started. 

Grrrrrr.

You are probably right, but who has a ton of cap space left that also needs a corner? 

5 minutes ago, dje85 said:

I'm sure Beane checks up on every free agent and sees what they want / what is their market. Same reason we checked in on Gronk but never offered a contract. It is his job. Not sure this is news worthy at all. 

This right here ^^^ “ it’s his job” 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Grrrrrr.

Yeah but other teams also would have had more money so the prices just go up.