Golladay to giants

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

They're paying top10 money for a top 10 wideout talent who's only 27. The only other guys his age are Cooper making $20M and Hill who also makes 18/yr. For me this is a steal.

It's definitely not a steal given his hamstring issues (16 games missed in 4 season) and he's more of a lower tier #1 WR.  I think it's a fair contract.

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Lower tier wideouts don’t get 7/146 against White

I said lower tier #1 (I'd put him in the top 15 to 20 range).  He's excellent at using his size to win contested balls (like he did against White).  His route running has improved but his ability to separate remains a weakness.  Jones is going to have to trust that he wins a lot of 50/50 balls like Stafford did.   

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I said lower tier #1 (I'd put him in the top 15 to 20 range).  He's excellent at using his size to win contested balls (like he did against White).  His route running has improved but his ability to separate remains a weakness.  Jones is going to have to trust that he wins a lot of 50/50 balls like Stafford did.   

I dunno, I would be hard pressed to name 15-20 guys better. For me he is top ten 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I dunno, I would be hard pressed to name 15-20 guys better. For me he is top ten 

Off the top of my head right now I'd take Diggs, Hopkins, Thomas, Hill, AJ Brown, Adams, Godwin, Evans, Robinson, Ridley, Metcalf, Jefferson, McCalurin, and K. Allen ahead of him.  Then there's OBJ, Julio, Sutton, Cooper, Moore, and Thielen who I could make the argument for short term.  He's definitely not top 10.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Off the top of my head right now I'd take Diggs, Hopkins, Thomas, Hill, AJ Brown, Adams, Godwin, Evans, Robinson, Ridley, Metcalf, Jefferson, McCalurin, and K. Allen ahead of him.  Then there's OBJ, Julio, Sutton, Cooper, Moore, and Thielen who I could make the argument for short term.  He's definitely not top 10.

I agree.  And I don't view Jones as an upgrade to Stafford to get him into the top-10.  But time will tell.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

McLaurin better than Golladay😂😂

Suffice to say we disagree. That list is pretty bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

That was Brady in his early years w the Pats.  He had Deion Branch and David Givens.  (all before Gronk Moss Welker and Edelman)  And he still won 3 Super Bowls.  

I would spend some money to build an O line.  I seem to recall Daniel Jones running for his life a whole bunch last year.  

Yeah, half of the fans were screaming for WR’s, the other half linemen. Personally, I think they need linemen more.

10 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

There’s no arguing that point, but I think situations make a difference. Josh Allen has  more natural ability than Daniel Jones could dream of. Allen also showed more than Jones the season before we went all in on Diggs. Josh Allen’s potential made the Diggs trade seem like the right thing to do. The Giants probably shouldn’t be doubling down on Jones as their future. How many people outside of the Giants front office actually believe that Daniel Jones is a future star ? NFL teams cling to their poor choices for too long out of pride imo. 

This is what the Giants did:

That coach benched Eli, which I thought was long overdue. 2 years late if you ask me.

Then the fan base goes absolutely nuts and demands Eli be put back in. I still can’t get a straight answer on WHO’S decision that was to put him back in. Was it the Manning family?

Now with Eli back in, they draft a RB with the top pick. Lol. People around the league erupt in laughter.

Then they reach for Daniel Jones to try to fix the previous screw up. Then they try to lie and say that multiple teams were about to move up and draft Jones. Um......No. No one was trying to steal Jones from you. Lol.

And here we are.

Putting Eli back in set the team back 3-4 years. Total train wreck. No Giants fan will acknowledge any of those errors. They think great teams just appear magically.

Edited by The Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1