What position you feel we need the most.

What position is the biggest need  

232 members have voted

1. 1. What position is our biggest need

• High End RB Any Top tier maybe via draft
    • Fast WR Field Stretcher
    • OG Dynamic Run Blocker.
    • DE/EDGE Blitzer Fast and sets the edge.
    • Pure Coverage OLB that can handle TE

12 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

At least a couple of Pundits think Oweh may fall to the Bills, he's the second rated edge in the draft, physical freak. Apparently runs a 4:33 at 6-5 260.

Oweh had zero sacks in 7 games last year.  He will be drafted on potential, not on production.

• Like (+1) 1

DE, TE/CB, DT, WR, G, RB..... That's the order.....

And the DE spot seems so far and away ahead of everything else because of the weakness on our team, the cost of DEs and the scarcity. It's like miracle time there. 

Can Epenesa amaze in year two? Can Daryl Johnson explode in year three? Can we find perhaps a tweeter that can only rush the passer? At least we have four signed....

I really want Ertz to make our offense that much deeper and diversified. It is such a long season.

Maybe if we took a corner at 30 we could become more of a man team and blitzed more? With our new rookie light pass rusher as the Fifth?

In a defensive shake-up, the Bills take a two-gapper DT to help free Ed O and change-up our simple defense. I want to watch Ed O and think, "he definitely shot that gap as fast as he could to hit the QB as fast and as hard as hecould."

WR - I wish we could afford to take one at 30 even if we sign Ertz. Like I said above, the season is so long and we ran out of high level skill players for the playoffs last year when Beasley got hurt and Smoke couldn't get healthy. I'd be fine if we went WR #1 to make sure Allen doesn't run out of talent again.

We have three guards we need a C/G added to the mix.

We really have to work on therun game I think more than anything else. We have four RBs for camp now, we need a legit fifth to compete. I'd say either fast or full-size (big).

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Ok guys we still have work to do this offseason what is your thought?

Pass rusher. IMO, it’s not even close.

As I’ve mentioned in another thread, we have superstars in some positions, serviceable players in other positions but pass rusher is our glaring hole.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Pass rusher. IMO, it’s not even close.

As I’ve mentioned in another thread, we have superstars in some positions, serviceable players in other positions but pass rusher is our glaring hole.

You nailed it. It would be nice to have an upgrade at TE and more depth at CB to compete with Jackson and Wallace but pass rush is where we’re severely lacking. It’s really the only part of our team that’s below average. Even RB is getting blown out of proportion. Both Moss and Singletary are good young RBs. Their numbers look pedestrian because our offense uses them as an afterthought which is fine because it worked...Let’s focus on pass rush and I’ll feel great our chances at a SB championship next year. I don’t even mind signing Dunlap or Clowney on a cheap one year prove it deal along with nabbing a potential stud at 30

Edited by NeverOutNick
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

At least a couple of Pundits think Oweh may fall to the Bills, he's the second rated edge in the draft, physical freak. Apparently runs a 4:33 at 6-5 260.

not sure i believe the 4.33..but he must be fast

18 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

DE/Edge - Hughes is getting up there in age, Addison is just OK, Epenesa didn't get enough playing time to show his game.

We need someone rushing the QB who will put the fear of Buffalo running thru their heads

Based on the poll, just about everyone agrees, but they are not getting an impact guy at Edge at 30.  You can then assume Beane is looking around for partners to move up. In 2017, KC traded from 27th to get to 10th, their 3rd round pick and 1st in 2018 to get Mahomes.  I’m not sure if an Edge Rusher is worth that much, but that’s a template of what it would take to get one of the premier guys this year.  Given the talent on our team, I’d do it if, and a big if the Edge Rusher is that good.

You draft gurus can let us know if there is one that awesome to use that capital.  I’ve seen lists in searches of the top 10, but don’t know if any are really that good.

Discuss.

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

we need edge in Fa (no impact ones in draft) and impact RB at 30. 

That’s what I thought.  I’ve already given my thoughts on Ngakoue was a miss especially at $13 mil.  

• Like (+1) 1

It's definitely a DE that can bother the QB.  Our window is open right now, Beane has to figure this out.  

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Based on the poll, just about everyone agrees, but they are not getting an impact guy at Edge at 30.  You can then assume Beane is looking around for partners to move up. In 2017, KC traded from 27th to get to 10th, their 3rd round pick and 1st in 2018 to get Mahomes.  I’m not sure if an Edge Rusher is worth that much, but that’s a template of what it would take to get one of the premier guys this year.  Given the talent on our team, I’d do it if, and a big if the Edge Rusher is that good.

You draft gurus can let us know if there is one that awesome to use that capital.  I’ve seen lists in searches of the top 10, but don’t know if any are really that good.

Discuss.

That’s what I thought.  I’ve already given my thoughts on Ngakoue was a miss especially at $13 mil.  

I agree that Beane needs to do whatever he can to find a DE to make QBs uncomfortable.  I'd be fine with giving up next year's #1 pick and a 3rd to move from 30 to 10 or so.  Or trading a first round pick for a proven DE.  Needs to happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

On offense, improving the run game would take it to the next level. There are 2 ways to do that. You could go for a superstar running back that is so talented that it won't matter that the OL is mediocre at run blocking. The other way is to bring in more OL talent. Someone with a nasty streak that can create movement on those blocks. A talented TE would also improve this offense.

Needs: RB, run blocking OLmen, TE.  A superstar RB IMHO is probably the biggest impact.

Defensively, there is a lot going on that people don't realize about the DL. Not having Star in there as a nose tackle was a huge problem last year until about halfway through the season. Everyone on the DL had to get better at stopping the run because Star wasn't there. Also, people assume the pass rush was weak because the DEs are weak. The entire DL was weak because there wasn't enough beef on that line. It's a team sport. When the man next to you is the weak link, your own responsibility increases. That's what happened last year, but as the season wore on, the DL got better.  At the end, watching KC pick us apart last year was frustrating. They mixed things up pretty good and the D couldn't keep up. We need improved DL play, yes, but not for the reasons many think. We needed our LBs keeping outside contain instead of helping the DL inside. We needed CBs that could cover shifty receivers. And more importantly we needed beef on that line so the other playmakers could do what they do best.

Needs: Nasty NT, CB, LB depth

Special Team is also important. We have a decent kicker. Punter is so, so. A good gunner would be nice, and we could be in trouble with kick/punt returner.

Needs: Hate to say it, but we need McKenzie back to fill the return duties. The thing with special teams, aside from kicker/punter/long snapper, is that everyone plays another position too. The talent brought in will likely need to have special teams experience as well. Going to be tough this year. Fewer draft picks to work with and less money as well. This is a real test for Beane this year.