What position you feel we need the most.

What position is the biggest need  

232 members have voted

1. 1. What position is our biggest need

• High End RB Any Top tier maybe via draft
    • Fast WR Field Stretcher
    • OG Dynamic Run Blocker.
    • DE/EDGE Blitzer Fast and sets the edge.
    • Pure Coverage OLB that can handle TE

They need 3 front 7 defenders in the draft. An OLB, a DE, and a NT to develop.

I would have let Milano walk and move Edmunds to OLB. But that is not happening now. So they need to focus on pass rush. 

I'm still not sold on Edmunds but at this point I would still pick up fis fifth year option so I can can control the situation. 

24 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They need 3 front 7 defenders in the draft. An OLB, a DE, and a NT to develop.

I would have let Milano walk and move Edmunds to OLB. But that is not happening now. So they need to focus on pass rush. 

I'm still not sold on Edmunds but at this point I would still pick up fis fifth year option so I can can control the situation. 

NT/DT 1 Tech we have with Star. That being said there is not one till round 4 or higher so Develop is the key word. DE and OLB is a must must between now and end of early second day draft. So all and all I agree

If Etienne is there, they should take him.  He can add an explosion to the RB position that we do not have.

Otherwise, I'd say take the best player that fits a specific need.  If there is an edge guy who they feel can make an impact right away, take him.  If there is a great offensive lineman....well, that's what they thought they had in Ford.  Ford may still work out.  We just don't know yet.  He has the "traits," but it's likely the injuries have impacted him, and if he's healthy maybe he'll turn into the road grader they had in mind. 

However, with our pass happy offense, you need your linemen to be good pass blockers.

I will say this:  they know more about every available player than any of us.  Gotta trust the process. 

I've always been a draft nut, but looking back there have been choices that I'd never heard of that blossomed.  Fina...never heard of him.  Henry Jones?  nope.

When they chose Whitner, I nearly broke a wall with a shoe.  Turned out he was a better pick than Leinert.  Point is, nowadays we all have access to film and highlights of just about every player.  But we don't get to do the interviews and to dig deep.  I think they look for character above everything....because the top 250 football players are all really good athletes.  The difference is whether or not they fit the culture.

Sorry I rambled.  I'm pretty sure nobody read it anyway.  No big deal.

• Like (+1) 1

we cant get to the next level without upgrades in our D.We were fortunate to get past Indy last yr. And BALT was a toss up..Then we got completely outclassed by KC. So many people acting like the Bills will just waltz to the championship game again.

Can I disregard the cap, and choose all of the above? 

1 hour ago, TC in St. Louis said:

If Etienne is there, they should take him.  He can add an explosion to the RB position that we do not have.

Otherwise, I'd say take the best player that fits a specific need.  If there is an edge guy who they feel can make an impact right away, take him.  If there is a great offensive lineman....well, that's what they thought they had in Ford.  Ford may still work out.  We just don't know yet.  He has the "traits," but it's likely the injuries have impacted him, and if he's healthy maybe he'll turn into the road grader they had in mind. 

However, with our pass happy offense, you need your linemen to be good pass blockers.

I will say this:  they know more about every available player than any of us.  Gotta trust the process. 

I've always been a draft nut, but looking back there have been choices that I'd never heard of that blossomed.  Fina...never heard of him.  Henry Jones?  nope.

When they chose Whitner, I nearly broke a wall with a shoe.  Turned out he was a better pick than Leinert.  Point is, nowadays we all have access to film and highlights of just about every player.  But we don't get to do the interviews and to dig deep.  I think they look for character above everything....because the top 250 football players are all really good athletes.  The difference is whether or not they fit the culture.

Sorry I rambled.  I'm pretty sure nobody read it anyway.  No big deal.

I read it. Nice work. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

DE, CB  and RB.

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The clear weakness last season was on defense.

Our biggest need is cornerback.  Followed closely by edge rusher.  Followed by depth at defensive tackle and linebacker.

Any offensive upgrades would be nice, but they certainly aren't our biggest needs.

At this point, our offense is almost identical to the one that finished #2 in scoring and #2 in yards last season.  The only changes so far are Emmanuel Sanders for John Brown (who missed half the season anyway) and the possible loss of Isaiah McKenzie as our gadget guy.

Thats it. Quality CB opposite White, DE and another quality LB with speed. Speed, speed, speed and sure tackler!

Edited by Rocket94