Memories from the 2020 Season

Ok, just for fun...something different.

When you look back in 10, 20, 30 years as a fan - What will your biggest memory of the 2020 season be? I know I'll remember that clip of Stefan Diggs flossing in slow motion on the sideline forever. To me that summarizes the good feelings of this past season.....the players kicking ass, cruising into the playoffs, and having fun while doing it.

What about you guys? What specific moments will you remember?

TBH the stretch of primetime games at the end of the season. I remember being so excited to listen to any talk radio or sport TV to see how in awe everyone would be with Josh's performance. Those primetime games just got better and better... People were saying "Ok time for Josh to come back down to earth and the Bills to lose to the 49ers..." 

Nm Josh wiped the floor with them.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

Not sure if you were listening this week, but a little different than you’re topic is Sal’s bracket this week.  He selected 16 teams with the NCAA basketball tournament and placed as a bracket competing 1 vs. 16 and so on.  It was kind of a fun listen and it was only plays so the BB phone toss although awesome, wouldn’t have been included.  I don’t pay that close of attention, but I guess fans can vote on the WGR website and by the end of the week the players were getting in on it.  I thought a nice slant.  Go check it out and vote if so inclined.

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

TBH the stretch of primetime games at the end of the season. I remember being so excited to listen to any talk radio or sport TV to see how in awe everyone would be with Josh's performance. Those primetime games just got better and better... People were saying "Ok time for Josh to come back down to earth and the Bills to lose to the 49ers..." 

Nm Josh wiped the floor with them.

Yep. Most unusual, given the previous quarter century. 

Also his (Allen) meteoric rise from Game 1 on. No preseason, coming off a ‘bad Josh’ playoff game in Houston. Hell, at least a third of us here were skeptical of him getting a 2nd contract. His first 5 game performance at the start is legendary!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Diggs and Josh. The instant chemistry. To go from never having had a WR lead the league in yards and receptions to having Stef do it year one...not so shockingly corresponding with Josh’s breakout season...was a thing of beauty to watch.

Also Stef watching the KC celebration. Says so much to me about him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know the thread is looking for positives but the most memorable moment of this season for me was the final 2 minutes of the Arizona game. From nervousness when driving down to win it, to joy when Stef caught the touchdown, to despair on the Hail Murray. I imagine I will remember the ending of that game for a very, very long time. 

Joint second the two Taron pick 6s to break open the games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

The return to legitimacy. The national media love and recognition. A missed opportunity for our fans to be in person and root this team on 

True, but think of all the thousands of folding tables that were spared to live another day. 

FT Lives Matter!

• Haha (+1) 2

As somebody else said. The dominating stretch of primetime games. It all just seemed to good to be true. 

But tops for me has to be each of Tarion Johnson’s td’s. His first, just a chefs kiss against Big Ben. I live on the outskirts of “Stiller” country and had to deal with their fan base blathering on for a year after we beat the duck about how we’d never touch them if Ben played. I’ve grown to truly despise hate that fan base so that was just..... so perfect. 

Then I don’t think his playoff td needs much explanation. 

42 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

The return to legitimacy. The national media love and recognition. A missed opportunity for our fans to be in person and root this team on 

I agree. I’ll always remember finally getting to watch a 13-3 as an adult for the first time and not being able to go see it live. Truly a tough pill to swallow 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The feeling starting after the cards loss, winning the last 6 regular season games.  How the community reacted with bills clothes everywhere, “Go Bills” ending every conversation.  The feeling standing on the steps of City Hall the morning of the AFC Championship game with a ton of fans and cars driving past honking...was awesome!

Finally being able to enjoy this type of season with my son.  He’s been a fan for a bit, but was great watching him see how the town transforms when the team is great.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The dancing and excitement that my nephew, my brother, and I shared after the fumble recovery and touchdown early in the AFCCG. It’s been a rough stretch, that was a moment and two looks that I will never forget. 

That total joy from the Bills was probably the same way many of us felt growing up during the 90s teams. 

I can’t wait for next season, if fans are allowed, we will be at that opener.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

When you look back in 10, 20, 30 years as a fan - What will your biggest memory of the 2020 season be? I know I'll remember that clip of Stefan Diggs flossing in slow motion on the sideline forever. To me that summarizes the good feelings of this past season.....the players kicking ass, cruising into the playoffs, and having fun while doing it.

You said the season, but to me the biggest memory will probably be the sideline ropes from Allen to Davis in the 2nd Q of the Colts game.  We're pinned deep on our 4 yd line, the Colts have taken a 10-7 lead, and we punted on the last 2 possessions starting from our 6 yd line and our 11 yd line, it's 2nd and 10, and I'm starting to have 1-n-done flashbacks.  Diggs is being covered like a blanket, Brown is neutralized, and Beas is clearly hampered. 

BAM 37 yd rope to Davis down the right sideline.  Colts players busy waving it off on the sideline while the Bills move up to the new LOS - they knew.

8 plays later, TD

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

Taron Johnson's 100+ yard INT in the Baltimore playoff game

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I know the thread is looking for positives but the most memorable moment of this season for me was the final 2 minutes of the Arizona game. From nervousness when driving down to win it, to joy when Stef caught the touchdown, to despair on the Hail Murray. I imagine I will remember the ending of that game for a very, very long time. 

Joint second the two Taron pick 6s to break open the games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

It turned out to be not so negative. After the game, the team really rallied and put the petal to the metal for the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1