Who had the Biggest One Year Wonder Season?

Big Turk

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It was actually the then named Washington Redskins who helped ruin him by letting him play hurt & exacerbate his injury.  He never played for the team called the Washington Football Team. 

Yeah I know bruh. But if I called it the skins one of these #######s woulda told me it is now the the wtt 🤷🏻‍♂️

19 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...never realized his rookie year was by far the beat of his career with 1066 yards and a 5.3 YPC..

After that he only had 129 carries for 457 yards over 3 seasons before he was out of football...

I never realized Icky was only 1 year either. It really seemed like he had 3 good years didn’t it? 

20 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Matt Cassel

He was very good in 2010 for KC — 10-5 as a starter and a 27/7 td/int ratio. 

16 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Maybin led the Jets in sacks in 2011 with 6, then was waived before the end of the 2012 season.  I think he fits quite nicely as a 1 year wonder since all his career sacks were in 2011.

He was actually bad for the jets that year; his sacks were mostly of the garbage time/vulture type. He didn’t start any games and had an AV of 2. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MaybAa99.htm

20 hours ago, Mcdermott said:

I, for one, will never forget Steve Slayton because of what I traded for him after his first season.

That's a good one. My man won me a chip his first season. And pretty much tanked my team the next.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:12 PM, mjt328 said:

When I hear the term "one year wonder" - I always think back to Mark Rypien.

I still believe the 1991 team was possibly the best roster the Bills ever put on the field.

But the Redskins that year (and particularly Rypien) seemed to just have the magic touch.  Nobody could stop them that season.  They destroyed us in the Super Bowl, and then went back to being mediocre.

On paper but Bruce was at 35%

CJ spiller though it was more like 2 years 

On 3/20/2021 at 7:38 AM, dgrochester55 said:

For Buffalo.  Not quite a one year wonder, but I remember in 99 and 2000 when Linebacker Sam Cowart was seen as one of the best young linebackers in the league.  He had a devastating ACL injury and was never anywhere near the same after.  

Otherwise, Ickey Woods, Derek Anderson and Peyton Hillis stand out the most.

It was an Achilles injury

12 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Cadillac Williams 

He only had 1 year with over 1000 yards, his rookie year but he had 2 other pretty good ones with almost 800 and then over 800 yards, so I don't think he would qualify.

On 3/20/2021 at 12:25 AM, billsbackto81 said:

I'd say Ickey Woods. 

Icky had injury concerns.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:03 AM, Bob in STL said:

For Bills maybe Bobby Burnett. 

Sadly, he tore up his knee before surgical techniques reached the standards we see  today.

8 hours ago, Artem Lipatov said:

Kiko Alonso. In rookie year he had top-5 tackling stats and considered as robbed with DROY.  Deserved the value to be exchanged with Shady.   But then career changing injury, never been the same

Alonso had maybe a great half a season in his rookie year. Nothing much of note happened after that.