Who had the Biggest One Year Wonder Season?

Big Turk

I vote Gary Barnidge, TE with the Cleveland Browns...

At age 30 he caught 79 passes for 1043 yards and 9 TDs and made the pro bowl.

Prior to that season, his highest yardage total was 242 yards which was the only season prior with over 156 yards. He had 2 seasons with 0 receiving yards and another with 78 receiving yards.

In fact, before that season, his career totals were 44 catches for 603 yards and 3 TDs in 92 game over 6 seasons.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Prior to that season, his highest yardage total was 242 yards which was the only season prior with over 156 yards. He had 2 seasons with 0 receiving yards and another with 78 receiving yards.

In fact, before that season, his career totals were 44 catches for 603 yards and 3 TDs in 92 game over 6 seasons.

Good question.

Trent Dilfer has to be up there. NOT because he was that good during that Super Bowl year but because he was lucky enough to win a Super Bowl for how average/below average he was. 🤣

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Browns have a few other candidates that are in the running. I’ll take Peyton Hillis who got 1,177 of his career 2,832 rushing yards in 2010 and was voted to the cover of Madden.  Derek Anderson, KW2 and Kelly Holcomb also had some crazy years/games for the Browns. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Or another Brown, Peyton Hillis, who had such a good year I think he even got on the cover of Madden. He went to the Pro Bowl after a 24 yard year the season before and then had like 500 yards the next year and was basically worthless  after that. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'd say Ickey Woods. 

Wow...never realized his rookie year was by far the beat of his career with 1066 yards and a 5.3 YPC..

After that he only had 129 carries for 457 yards over 3 seasons before he was out of football...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...never realized his rookie year was by far the beat of his career with 1066 yards and a 5.3 YPC..

After that he only had 129 carries for 457 yards over 3 seasons before he was out of football...

Would’ve never guessed.

He seemed like he was a bigger name than his actual stats and success point to. Wow also!

It must just be the Ickey Shuffle that made him memorable.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Would’ve never guessed.

He seemed like he was a bigger name than his actual stats and success point to. Wow also!

It must just be the Ickey Shuffle that made him memorable.

Of course his rookie year was the year we faced him in the AFC Championship game and he ran for 102 yards and 2 TDs on us...

He tore his ACL in the 2nd game of the following year before ACLs were routine to come back from and was never the same...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, poblano said:

Henry Jones, merely on the interception category.

Jairius Byrd

Jairus Byrd when healthy was a very good Safety and 3X Pro Bowler. You don't acquire the contract he got from NO being a one hit wonder.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Aaron Maybin.

I wonder if he played a year's worth of games.

What a waste of a pick.

Maybin was never good enough to be considered a "one hitter". The only wonder he accomplished was being drafted in Rd 1 and being in the NFL as long as he was.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Maybin was never good enough to be considered a "one hitter". The only wonder he accomplished was being drafted in Rd 1 and being in the NFL as long as he was.

That was my point. I "wonder" if he played a full season's worth of games. Did the guy even play 16 games total in his entire NFL career?