A remaining FA pass rusher or the draft?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think Beane signs Clowney to a 1 year vet minimum nothing guaranteed type of contract. Maybe McD and Fraizer Can turn him around 🤷‍♂️?

I definitely would like that.

Do you think they’re just trying to be patient and wait it out so that his price goes down? It just seems like crickets, even on interest, since we couldn’t get Watt.

Draft, only draft. I may only open to Dunlap, and that's will be if they don't drat one.

Most here want an immediate impact player, I don't,  all the movements so far have been to draft BPA in each round and develop them

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

I definitely would like that.

Do you think they’re just trying to be patient and wait it out so that his price goes down? It just seems like crickets, even on interest, since we couldn’t get Watt.

Why people still so in love with Clowney, he never has reached the level most expect of him, and has been for his attitude

1 minute ago, poblano said:

Draft, only draft. I may only open to Dunlap, and that's will be if they don't drat one.

Most here want an immediate impact player, I don't,  all the movements so far have been to draft BPA in each round and develop them

Do you not want any of the remaining free agents because of price or do you not think they’re good enough to help out?

3 minutes ago, poblano said:

Why people still so in love with Clowney, he never has reached the level most expect of him, and has been for his attitude

While I definitely could be wrong, maybe Clowney is one of those guys that you take a chance on to at least try and improve your pass rush.

The bills have been really good over the past few years in turning people around. Maybe they can do that with him too.

Just a thought. I know it’s risky though.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Do you not want any of the remaining free agents because of price or do you not think they’re good enough to help out?

While I definitely could be wrong, maybe Clowney is one of those guys that you take a chance on to at least try and improve your pass rush.

The bills have been really good over the past few years in turning people around. Maybe they can do that with him too.

I don't give Clowney a chance because i see in him an attitude problem that can't be solved even in Buffalo environment.  

Only Dunlap, but by the way i'm looking to upgrade the lack of sacks i dont believe there is someone that can. (I clearly differentiate between sacks and pressure, Buffalo does the late at some level of success)

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Its really just Clowney and Dunlap at this point. Nothing else out there can really be considered an upgrade. 

This.  Drafting outside the top 10 is not getting us a game changing pass rusher so we need someone who can impact us this year. We need it now. Our window is now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, poblano said:

I don't give Clowney a chance because i see in him an attitude problem that can't be solved even in Buffalo environment.  

Only Dunlap, but by the way i'm looking to upgrade the lack of sacks i dont believe there is someone that can. (I clearly differentiate between sacks and pressure, Buffalo does the late at some level of success)

Great back and forth.

Do you have your eye on anyone in the draft when it comes to pass rusher?

7 minutes ago, Locomark said:

This.  Drafting outside the top 10 is not getting us a game changing pass rusher so we need someone who can impact us this year. We need it now. Our window is now. 

Do you think they’re just being patient with one of these two to try and get the price down?

4 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Do you think they’re just being patient with one of these two to try and get the price down?

Absolutely. With the covid market there will be signings in week 2 and 3 that will be really good players. Look at some of the guys who signed later last year and that was in a good money year. Some deal will get done around April 1. 

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

Absolutely. With the covid market there will be signings in week 2 and 3 that will be really good players. Look at some of the guys who signed later last year and that was in a good money year. Some deal will get done around April 1. 

Would you rather get Dunlap, Clowney or someone else?

17 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Who do you like in the draft when it comes to pass rushers?

I have no idea. I didn't watch a lick of college this year.

My hunch is based on Beane's comments, their actions in FA, cap space and my general feeling that big ticket pass rusher free agent tend not to live up to their contracts. Those contract often have big cap hits and lots of dead money making them very inflexible and Beane's MO has been flexible contracts.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Who would you like to see them get with the remaining FAs?

Pickings are slim among the "big names" but I remember reading that Beane was looking at some guys who haven't been starters yet in their careers but may have some upside waiting to emerge. They named names but I don't remember them.

I'll trust Beane to sign one of those type. 

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I have no idea. I didn't watch a lick of college this year.

My hunch is based on Beane's comments, their actions in FA, cap space and my general feeling that big ticket pass rusher free agent tend not to live up to their contracts. Those contract often have big cap hits and lots of dead money making them very inflexible and Beane's MO has been flexible contracts.

Good thoughts.

42 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Put it this way, we paid Murphy $9 million to not dress last year. So you have to believe that we could get a ton out of Clowney’s skill set which is way better than that clown (pun intended) and than our rotational starter(s) there. At worst he gets moved around the line and becomes a chess piece for Frazier to get creative with. We need to generate pressure with 4 this year if we want to win it all. Personally I prefer Dunlop,  but would be OK with Clowney especially if he could be more than a 1 year performer at a decent price ( <9 ) 

Edited by Locomark

7 minutes ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

Pickings are slim among the "big names" but I remember reading that Beane was looking at some guys who haven't been starters yet in their careers but may have some upside waiting to emerge. They named names but I don't remember them.

I'll trust Beane to sign one of those type. 

That’d be interesting if they went that route. If they do, let’s hope for that diamond.

Yes, Beane definitely gets trust in my book too.