A remaining FA pass rusher or the draft?

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Both would be ideal. 

Epenesa 1 sack

Ed Oliver 3 sacks

Jerry Hughes 4.5 sacks

Mario Addison 5 sacks

Vernon Butler- Harrison Phillips-Star Louteleiei- Justin Zimmer- 1 sack between all of them (Star was out the year but I doubt he would have made an impact there)

This is unacceptable... Epenesa 1 sack as a 2nd rounder, he needs to be more impactful. Hughes 4.5 sacks the past 2 seasons is not even close to good enough. This has to be priority 1 right now I'd think.

I agree. Anybody you can think of either a remaining free agent or in the draft that could help?

10 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Its really just Clowney and Dunlap at this point. Nothing else out there can really be considered an upgrade. 

Why don’t you think they’re interested in either? Is it just money in your opinion?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah....the chiefs OL consisting of backups.  They won’t all be backups next year 

Yes! that too! I know the Bills had a bad game, but I will say it again, the Bills D failed to disrupt and contain the Chiefs, and they spent the evening aimlessly chasing them around.  The lack of speed, tenacity, disruption were on full display.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You think that going into next season with the same DEs is even close to acceptable?  

it makes no sense to me and I’ll be really surprised if we don’t add someone to our DE unit, especially considering the age of our 2 starters. 

I agree and this is part of the reason I brought up the topic.

We really need someone and was wondering what the mafia was thinking about the remaining FAs as well as draft prospects.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Would you guys take a flyer on him?

I thought about it. He is kind of an interesting dark horse choice. We really don't know what version we are getting. Maybe he has fully recovered and can benefit from a new team...especially one on the rise.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Houston is better than both imo

Why don’t you think they’re going after Houston?

Age, money or something else?

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes! that too! I know the Bills had a bad game, but I will say it again, the Bills D failed to disrupt and contain the Chiefs, and they spent the evening aimlessly chasing them around.  The lack of speed, tenacity, disruption were on full display.

Yup. Agreed!

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Clowney on the cheap 

I’ve had similar thoughts. Kind of surprised that they haven’t shown interest in him.

Do you think it comes down to them not thinking he’s a process guy?

Part of the reason I started the thread was because I don’t know as much about players outside of the bills. That said, there’s been a few available players that I’ve been surprised that the bills haven’t shown interest.

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I thought about it. He is kind of an interesting dark horse choice. We really don't know what version we are getting. Maybe he has fully recovered and can benefit from a new team...especially one on the rise.

I like your thoughts about him being a Darkhorse. As long as the money is reasonable, I don’t believe it would hurt to take a risk, especially with who we have now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan619 said:

I agree and this is part of the reason I brought up the topic.

We really need someone and was wondering what the mafia was thinking about the remaining FAs as well as draft prospects.

Dunlap, Houston, Clowney, Kerrigan are options.

in the draft, I think we’ll take Paye, Rousseau and Phillips if they’re there.  That said, I think they’ll all be gone.  Ossai, oweh,  ojulari are possibilities at 30 or in a trade down.  Perkins, Basham, Patrick Jones, Jordan smith, Payton Turner, roche, tryon and rashed are possibilities in rd 1-3.

if we don’t add one of the above free agents, I hope we sign one of these guys.  Preferably not Tryon (not a big fan of him myself, but I see the potential)

5 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Why don’t you think they’re going after Houston?

I think we might be....but for the right price. Definitely looks like Beane is taking a patient and somewhat frugal approach to free agency.  I’m worried that Houston will go back to KC and replace acho.  Makes too much sense.  If he’s chasing a ring, I bet he chases it in KC

• Like (+1) 3

Dunlap, Houston, Clowney, Kerrigan are options.

in the draft, I think we’ll take Paye, Rousseau and Phillips if they’re there.  That said, I think they’ll all be gone.  Ossai, oweh,  ojulari are possibilities at 30 or in a trade down.  Perkins, Basham, Patrick Jones, Jordan smith, Payton Turner, roche, tryon and rashed are possibilities in rd 1-3.

if we don’t add one of the above free agents, I hope we sign one of these guys.  Preferably not Tryon (not a big fan of him myself, but I see the potential)

Thanks for sharing.

What’s your opinion on why they haven’t looked at any of the free agents that you’ve listed? Do you think they just don’t have the money?

Because to me, some of the free agents you listed seem like they would be good options.

Yep I agree.

While Beane has done a great job at re signing key guys at modest prices and has some great moves, I am a little disappointed in a few positions he hasn’t addressed. Yet at least.

1. Getting a pass rusher

2. Upgrading at CB2

3. Upgrading at RB

(I’m ok with Knox at TE)

Now it’s still super early and one or more of those things can still be upgraded.

But I would be disappointed if they do not address at least two of those things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, BillsFan619 said:

Thanks for sharing.

What’s your opinion on why they haven’t looked at any of the free agents that you’ve listed? Do you think they just don’t have the money?

Because to me, some of the free agents you listed seem like they would be good options.

I don’t know for sure that he hasn’t talked to them.  Maybe he put a feeler out there and didn’t like the price and will wait and see if he can get them later if the price drops. 

So far, it seems like he’s trying to keep his restructures in the pocket for next season as he didn’t want to spend 13-15M aav for the big names this year.  I wish he would have, but it’s his show and he knows more than I.  

I just want one Lombardi.  🙏🏻

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Yep I agree.

While Beane has done a great job at re signing key guys at modest prices and has some great moves, I am a little disappointed in a few positions he hasn’t addressed. Yet at least.

1. Getting a pass rusher

2. Upgrading at CB2

3. Upgrading at RB

(I’m ok with Knox at TE)

Now it’s still super early and one or more of those things can still be upgraded.

But I would be disappointed if they do not address at least two of those things.

Knowing the money situation, I’d be happy with just a pass rusher.

I love your word yet. Beane has often pulled things out of the hat through patience.

Who in your opinion would still be a good option for us as a pass rusher at the right price?

I don’t know for sure that he hasn’t talked to them.  Maybe he put a feeler out there and didn’t like the price and will wait and see if he can get them later if the price drops. 

So far, it seems like he’s trying to keep his restructures in the pocket for next season as he didn’t want to spend 13-15M aav for the big names this year.  I wish he would have, but it’s his show and he knows more than I.  

I just want one Lombardi.  🙏🏻

I agree about the Lombardi.

Pass rusher, in my opinion, is the missing piece. We have superstars at some positions, serviceable players at other positions. That said, pass rusher seems like the hole.

Here’s to hoping he can pull off some thing soon, bro!

4 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I love your word yet. Beane has often pulled things out of the hat through patience.

Who in your opinion would still be a good option for us as a pass rusher at the right price?

Ya that’s what I’m not sure of.

As much as I like Milano, I honestly wish they spent the money on someone like Carl Lawson. (I know he was a bit more expensive)

I would definitely get a pass rusher in the first round and would even trade up if there’s a guy in striking distance. Like if Paye fell into the 20s somehow.

It’s a huge need of the team IMO.

I am nitpicking as Beane has done a great job. But I really hope he addresses that position and drafts a corner on day 2.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

I wonder if the Raiders would be up for a trade. They have Crosby, Ferrell, Arden Key, Carl Nassib, and just signed Yannick Ngakoue and Vic Beasley, Quinton Jefferson, David Irving and Solomon Thomas. 

29 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I agree. Anybody you can think of either a remaining free agent or in the draft that could help?

Why don’t you think they’re interested in either? Is it just money in your opinion?

I feel like Beane would wait that market out a bit. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

6 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

I agree about the Lombardi.

Pass rusher, in my opinion, is the missing piece. We have superstars at some positions, serviceable players at other positions. That said, pass rusher seems like the hole.

Here’s to hoping he can pull off some thing soon, bro!

I agree. I think one of the free agents I mentioned and Greg Newsome in rd 1 could be enough coverage and pass rush hour to take our D up a notch. Levi isn’t terrible and Dane might be good, but our corners could use an Upgrade defending all of high powered QBs in the afc 

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Ya that’s what I’m not sure of.

As much as I like Milano, I honestly wish they spent the money on someone like Carl Lawson. (I know he was a bit more expensive)

I would definitely get a pass rusher in the first round and would even trade up if there’s a guy in striking distance. Like if Paye fell into the 20s somehow.

It’s a huge need of the team IMO.

I am nitpicking as Beane has done a great job. But I really hope he addresses that position and drafts a corner on day 2.

Yeah, I agree. I believe he’s done a great job too. I even knew this year was going to be a lot harder with the cap situation.

That said, before free agency started, if there was just one thing that I was hoping he could pull off, it was pass rusher.

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder if the Raiders would be up for a trade. They have Crosby, Ferrell, Arden Key, Carl Nassib, and just signed Yannick Ngakoue and Vic Beasley, Quinton Jefferson, David Irving and Solomon Thomas. 

Great thought! Out of the Raiders you listed, who would you prefer?

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Patience has definitely paid off for Beane.

I mentioned this before in another thread, but one of the reasons I really like him, is that he doesn’t mortgage the future just for a player or players.

Here’s to hoping he can still get something done when it comes to a pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Ingram makes the most sense to me

I mentioned this earlier, but if it comes down to it, at least take a flyer on someone like him so as to try to improve the pass rush.

As someone else in the thread already mentioned, you can’t go into the season with pass rusher the way it is now.

Here’s to hoping the bills have something up their sleeve.

• Agree 1