A remaining FA pass rusher or the draft?

As I believe most of us think, we still need a viable option at pass rusher to take the next step this year. While I am very knowledgeable of our Bills, I don’t pretend to be as knowledgeable with players around the NFL. And, I definitely don’t know much about college players. So, I’d like to hear from you, the mafia.

If you were Beane, and the price did not mortgage our future, would you chase after a remaining free agent pass rusher? Or, would you get someone in draft?

If it’s a remaining pass rusher, who would you get? If it’s the draft, who would you draft?

Thanks for your thoughts. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619

Both would be ideal. 

Epenesa 1 sack

Ed Oliver 3 sacks

Jerry Hughes 4.5 sacks

Mario Addison 5 sacks

Vernon Butler- Harrison Phillips-Star Louteleiei- Justin Zimmer- 1 sack between all of them (Star was out the year but I doubt he would have made an impact there)

This is unacceptable... Epenesa 1 sack as a 2nd rounder, he needs to be more impactful. Hughes 4.5 sacks the past 2 seasons is not even close to good enough. This has to be priority 1 right now I'd think.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Did Melvin Ingram’s play fall off real bad this year? He never seems to come up but has a history of getting to the QB and isn’t super old. 

Is he coming off an injury? 

I believe it is a combination of injury and missing time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

They won’t get an impact rusher at 30.  Is be a hiked if they went that direction at 30. I think they are going into the season with what the currently have at DE.  

You think that going into next season with the same DEs is even close to acceptable?  

it makes no sense to me and I’ll be really surprised if we don’t add someone to our DE unit, especially considering the age of our 2 starters. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

They won’t get an impact rusher at 30.  Is be shocked if they went that direction at 30. I think they are going into the season with what the currently have at DE.  

Man, if that’s the case, I really hope Beane can pull off some type of miracle.

Pass rusher, at least in my opinion, is THE piece they need.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

You think that going into next season with the same DEs is even close to acceptable?  

it makes no sense to me and I’ll be really surprised if we don’t add someone to our DE unit, especially considering the age of our 2 starters. 

Exactly...what the h...is going to be different this time with this cast! I know what I saw in the Chiefs game and it was beyond just schemes and coaching!

5 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Did Melvin Ingram’s play fall off real bad this year? He never seems to come up but has a history of getting to the QB and isn’t super old. 

Yeah he missed over half the season with 2 stints on the IR with minor knee injuries. 

can’t really comment on how he played, I only watched a few charger games and he didn’t play in any of them

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Did i say it was acceptable?  Just gave my opinion what i think will happen.  

Edited by CaptnCoke11

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Carlos Dunlap?

Justin Houston?

Jurrel Casey?

I was wondering about Justin Houston. That said, I don’t know enough about him. So, I didn’t know if the Bills weren’t interested because of age or money?

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

Exactly...what the h...is going to be different this time with this cast! I know what I saw in the Chiefs game and it was beyond just schemes and coaching!

Yeah....the chiefs OL consisting of backups.  They won’t all be backups next year 

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Did i say it was acceptable?  Just gave my opinion what i think will happen.  

I asked you if you thought it was acceptable 

7 minutes ago, TOboy said:

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I believe it is a combination of injury and missing time.

Would you guys take a flyer on him?