Bills sign TE Jacob Hollister

4 hours ago, KGun12TD said:

I guess Beane called the Eagles bluff?

💯.... the Eagles probably want a 3rd rounder and we want to give them a 6th. We don’t have a 4th and we aren’t going lower than a 5th so they can pound sand! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Welcome to Bills free agency 2021

- Punter

- WR4

- Back up QB

- Blocking TE

You forgot to mention resigned the Starting cover LB, starting RT, and starting G/Backup C to a multi concussed starting center ... so sorry to ruin your whiny rant... 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

You forgot to mention resigned the Starting cover LB, starting RT, and starting G/Backup C to a multi concussed starting center ... so sorry to ruin your whiny rant... 

and your comprehension is lacking ... 

Im talking about the free agency period which commenced on Monday

18 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is going to be everyone’s new favorite player after a few games. He is a do-it-all player that allows the offense to be even more multiple. He’s a poor man’s Kyle Juszcyk. I am happy about this, QB1 I’m sure is happy. It should also light a little fire under Knox because they will be competing for reps. I for one really like it. 

Huh?  The dude is nothing like Juszcyk. 

23 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is going to be everyone’s new favorite player after a few games. He is a do-it-all player that allows the offense to be even more multiple. He’s a poor man’s Kyle Juszcyk. I am happy about this, QB1 I’m sure is happy. It should also light a little fire under Knox because they will be competing for reps. I for one really like it. 

I don't think he's Juszcyk?  Juszcyk takes handoffs sometimes.  Maybe I don't understand what you mean, which makes me sad because I'd like you to be right about the first two sentences.

I, too, am hopeful it will light a bit fire under Knox because I think perhaps he built a bit of a bond with Allen and may have relied on it a bit in lieu of "Do Work" - but Hollister has some good history with Allen as well.

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

How they heck do you get Jacob Hollister confused with Sammy Watkins?

Especially when one of them is likely a normal guy...

4 hours ago, Logic said:

6’4”, 245 LBs. 27 years old. Played with Allen at Wyoming.

As long as this isn’t the only move at tight end, I support it.

He looks like a younger, cheaper Kroft replacement.

Knox, Hollister, Sweeney isn’t enough. I hope they still try to acquire Ertz or draft a guy.

nah, i think Beane is done at TE.  They drafted and like Knox and are going with him this year.  no expensive shiny toys at TE this year

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Huh?  The dude is nothing like Juszcyk. 

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think he's Juszcyk?  Juszcyk takes handoffs sometimes.  Maybe I don't understand what you mean, which makes me sad because I'd like you to be right about the first two sentences.

I, too, am hopeful it will light a bit fire under Knox because I think perhaps he built a bit of a bond with Allen and may have relied on it a bit in lieu of "Do Work" - but Hollister has some good history with Allen as well.

He’s a little taller. He’s essentially a guy who can play fullback, tight end, split out wide, be and h-back off line guy. So he can do it all and be used in the same vein as Kyle is in SF. That’s what he brings to the table imo. Kyle is a little more full back than tight end, Hollister is more tight end. He does have one carry in NE. (Juszcyk only has like 40 carries in his career)

But yeah, not same player, similar in terms of the way that he can be used to make the offense multiple. He can be used in the DiMarco five wide set and actually be a useful receiver. 

Also, he’s going to be a fan favorite because he is always going to be open and will be willing to do anything. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

nah, i think Beane is done at TE.  They drafted and like Knox and are going with him this year.  no expensive shiny toys at TE this year

Even if Knox is the starter, they need to replace both Kroft and Smith.  I think they will draft a TE too.   

6 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Even if Knox is the starter, they need to replace both Kroft and Smith.  I think they will draft a TE too.   

That may depend upon how much they like Sweeney, and whether they think Nate Becker has shown anything?  Isn't Becker supposed to be the blocking TE?

Unless someone they feel is a true potential upgrade to Knox falls to them in the draft, then who knows!!!!

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Very cheap. I don't think this takes us out of the running for Ertz if he becomes available for a reasonable draft pick.

HO!  I recognize those numbers!  Cheaper than you know, in terms of cap hit.

That there, my friends, is a 1 year contract that is only gonna cost the Bills a cap hit of $850,000.

Vet Salary Benefit contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1