Bills sign TE Jacob Hollister

9 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Just saw on Twitter.  Cynthia Frelund confirmed the big Bills rumor was for a Tight End.  But it was not for Zach Ertz.

She then gives a clue, saying it was a "giant" rumor.

This seems to suggest we were either in the running for Kyle Rudolph (who signed with the Giants) or maybe a trade for Evan Engram.

Rudolph. If you read through that says no longer available. I doubt Giants signing Rudolph makes Engram less available than already was. 

Edited by MAJBobby

48 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I get that, but that's what needs to happen if they don't make significant moves to improve the roster..... it's not like they don't have a choice. They could easily restructure contracts,

cut players who underperformed last season to sign better players.... but to this point they haven't done that(outside of Jefferson). 

There were several edge rushers available that would've def moved the needle a bit instead of hanging onto a washed ex Panther who's marginal at best at this point. 

I dont disagree they need their younger players to improve... that doesn't mean you just plug holes with marginal FAs. You can count on those young players to improve while adding a dynamic piece of two via FA. They are choosing to go conservative. At least to this point. 

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Governor said:

Cool. I’m tired of Ertz already. Time to move on.

I am with you on this.  If the Eagles were digging their heals in, and or Ertz was digging his heals in on contract, time to move on.  It would have been nice at the right price, but no more than a fifth, and the cap hit this year need to be south of $8 M.  This was always going to be tough get.  

16 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not kidding, I would have given up our 1st round pick this year to San Francisco for Kittle. He only has a $5 million cap hit this year. It goes up a lot next year but that could always be restructured. 

Do you think many would assume you saying you’d give up the 30th pick in the draft for a top 2 TE in the league is a joke?...

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I get that, but that's what needs to happen if they don't make significant moves to improve the roster..... it's not like they don't have a choice. They could easily restructure contracts,

cut players who underperformed last season to sign better players.... but to this point they haven't done that(outside of Jefferson). 

There were several edge rushers available that would've def moved the needle a bit instead of hanging onto a washed ex Panther who's marginal at best at this point. 

I dont disagree they need their younger players to improve... that doesn't mean you just plug holes with marginal FAs. You can count on those young players to improve while adding a dynamic piece of two via FA. They are choosing to go conservative. At least to this point. 

Thanks for the reply.

One point I think you’re overlooking is that they DID sign two free agents at key positions: right tackle and WLB.

Had they let those players walk and instead signed an edge player or dynamic offensive player, then sure, they would improve in those areas, but they would then also need a starting tackle and a starting linebacker.

Keeping Josh Allen upright and supplying him with weapons is priority one. You and I agree we’d like to see speed added, but no one can say with a straight face that they haven’t given Josh protection and weaponry. If they “only” bring back last year’s offense and add Sanders, well: last year’s offense scored the most points in team history! They scored more PPG than the vaunted Chiefs! So “just” returning that offense? Not so bad.

If your position is that you wish they had let Milano and Williams walk and used the money elsewhere, that’s understandable. But in that case, you must at least acknowledge the possibility that losses in talent at right tackle and WLB might not have been easy to replace, and thus might have cancelled out any gains made elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1