Bills sign TE Jacob Hollister

3 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I'm thinking that the Eagles are the ones sweating. Beane just got someone to compete for a job. A trade for Ertz is still possible. 

Eagles aren’t going to budge, they want a 3rd round pick and Ertz at this point in his career is worth no more than 5-6th round pick. If Beane trades a 3rd for him he would be overpaying completely. And I’m sure Beane knows that your better off drafting someone. My opinion I would’ve liked to see them get Cook instead before the chargers got him

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Lol to insult you?? Don’t flatter yourself Buddy. And yes I do know what I’m talking about since I’ve been watching football for a long time and if Beane really wanted ertz he’d already be on the team. And you want him because you think it’ll solve our TE problem and you think he’d be one of the pieces to help us get in the SB next year in which that’s quite a bit to bank on especially when we still need a true number 1 pass rusher to help the defense and a RB to take the pressure off of Allen’s shoulders more than a 30 year old TE coming off a career low and an injury too boot. But yes I don’t know what I’m talking about 🤣😂

Relax man.. we’re all Bills fans, we’re all on the same team... take it easy.

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Relax man.. we’re all Bills fans, we’re all on the same team... take it easy.

It’s not me lol the guy obviously is taking it personally that I don’t want Ertz and that Ertz is most likely not coming here anyways. But I agree we’re all on the same team.

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Eagles aren’t going to budge, they want a 3rd round pick and Ertz at this point in his career is worth no more than 5-6th round pick. If Beane trades a 3rd for him he would be overpaying completely. 

Never underestimate the negotiating powers of Beane. The guy wins way more than he loses. Still shocked about him getting anything for Lee Smith 

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes. Still some good edge rushers available.... I’m skeptical though because if they were serious about it I feel like Addison would’ve been cut. Not brought back. 

Addison can still get cut easily.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He has 1 carry in his NFL career for 5 yards.

He didn't say "more of a running back".  He sayd "H-back type", the role Demarco filled and they sometimes had Knox or Kroft lined up as.

Here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-back

He said "improve the running game", he didn't say "carry the ball".  One problem with in our run game was that our run blocking by the TE (or H-back) was questionable and inconsistent last year.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He has 1 carry in his NFL career for 5 yards.

I don't mean he'll replace him literally, I mean he'll replace him schematically. The FB is a dying position, and this move -- to me -- feels like we'll see a bit of evolution of the offense. I think we'll see more one back sets with an H-Back, as opposed to a fullback. That help?

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s not me lol the guy obviously is taking it personally that I don’t want Ertz and that Ertz is most likely not coming here anyways. But I agree we’re all on the same team.

Well, I’m a bumbling idiot some of the time.. okay maybe ALL of the time 😆.. For me it’s easy come, easy go.. I would go mad if everyone in the world had the exact same opinions as me. Sometimes it’s fun to argue for the sake of arguing. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Interesting signing, and individual.

Don't let Sherlock Holmes watch this...

A couple more.

I like it...

Let's GO!!!

Sounds as though he would definitely upgrade the Bills' 12 Days of Christmas chops....

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I don't mean he'll replace him literally, I mean he'll replace him schematically. The FB is a dying position, and this move -- to me -- feels like we'll see a bit of evolution of the offense. I think we'll see more one back sets with an H-Back, as opposed to a fullback. That help?

I think maybe he doesn't understand the term "H-back" so provided that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just saw on Twitter.  Cynthia Frelund confirmed the big Bills rumor was for a Tight End.  But it was not for Zach Ertz.

She then gives a clue, saying it was a "giant" rumor.

This seems to suggest we were either in the running for Kyle Rudolph (who signed with the Giants) or maybe a trade for Evan Engram.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, DJB said:

I mean we could be drafting all 4 of those positions at the draft. 

An early rd 2 pick and early rd3 pick an early rd4 pick...chances are not that high any of them actually move the needle. 

We aren't drafting in the early teens or top 10 any more...

If that's your plan, it isn't enough