Bills sign TE Jacob Hollister

4 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

How many targets would another TE even get in this offense? Especially if Davis continues to develop

Knox was coming on at the end of the season a little bit.

Allen likes Knox, the coaching staff likes Knox.

He can be the guy if stays on the field and continues to work on his hands.

Knox was pretty damn raw coming out of college, especially when Metcalf and Brown were his teammates.

Patience at the TE position needs to be a virtue. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

This is where I'm at.... not a very aggressive approach thus far for a team that looked significantly behind the AFC Champs.

I'm not looking for sexy,  but improve. We all know the spots TE, CB, Edge, RB

Do something

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Everyone claimed Josh had no talent around him at Wyoming to justify his meh college stats, so nobody should be happy to bring in anyone he played with.  

Allen had pretty decent talent around him his soph year, including Hollister.  The talent around him his junior years really sucked.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm not looking for sexy,  but improve. We all know the spots TE, CB, Edge, RB

Do something

I mean we could be drafting all 4 of those positions at the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DJB said:

I mean we could be drafting all 4 of those positions at the draft. 

Easily.

All of them won't be significant rookie contributors, but if two of those positions can contribute as rookies, the Bills are more than fine.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea... don't really get the "run it back" approach when you got beat soundly by the team you need to overtake to win the conference.

My thoughts exactly.  Bills needed to restructure a lot of the contracts and really go for it this year.  My fear is that we are so worried about the future, it is derailing this next year where it will be our best shot to win it all.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

Love the signing! Hollister was actually carried off the field by his Seattle teammates.  That’s how highly he is regarded.  

But more importantly - the signing is

HUGE from a marketing potential.  There were some Wyoming residents on the fence about the Buffalo Bills.  The signings of Gentry and Hollister have satisfied those concerns and captured the Wyoming market.  

• Haha (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Everyone claimed Josh had no talent around him at Wyoming to justify his meh college stats, so nobody should be happy to bring in anyone he played with.  

Noobs shouldn’t even be seen, let alone heard from. He graduated a year earlier than Josh, when Wyoming made a big splash nationally, making Josh a household name. A number of teammates went to the NFL, severely hampering Josh’s senior season.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Could be a monster in the red zone. Besides David, we have small receivers and you saw in the playoffs teams can get physical with them. A big target in the middle of the field would have helped a ton.

not giving up on Knox completely but this is by far the worst group (rbs is close) on the team. 

You can get one Freiermuth or Hunter Long in the draft. That's not worth a 3rd rounder which is supposedly what the Eagles wanted for Ertz

Edited by CNY315

1 hour ago, Logic said:

6’4”, 245 LBs. 27 years old. Played with Allen at Wyoming.

As long as this isn’t the only move at tight end, I support it.

He looks like a younger, cheaper Kroft replacement.

Knox, Hollister, Sweeney isn’t enough. I hope they still try to acquire Ertz or draft a guy.

Exactly, we still are without a TE1. They better not give up on Ertz.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Love the signing! Hollister was actually carried off the field by his Seattle teammates.  That’s how highly he is regarded.  

But more importantly - the signing is

HUGE from a marketing potential.  There were some Wyoming residents on the fence about the Buffalo Bills.  The signings of Gentry and Hollister have satisfied those concerns and captured the Wyoming market.  

Pegulas about to get a new plane because of this!

7 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

They called Beane's.

How do you figure that?

Eagles are in cap trouble and may now have to release Ertz instead of getting something for him.

The Eagles really didn’t have any leverage with this trade.

If beane didn’t like the price they were asking, the Bills would move on. Which is precisely what happened by the looks of it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is where I'm at.... not a very aggressive approach thus far for a team that looked significantly behind the AFC Champs.

As Joe Marino pointed out in Twitter, the best chance the Bills have at significantly improving is for their young, highly drafted players to take a leap.

We need more D-line production? Ed Oliver and AJ Epenesa could solve that.

We need better run game production? Cody Ford and Moss and Singletary improving could sure give us a boost.

More passing game production? Gabriel Davis and Dawson Knox progressing will certainly add to the arsenal.

I’d like to see some more moves made, too. But at the end of the day, the Bills were 13-3 against a very tough schedule last year, and they have young players at key positions whose progression could significantly improve the team as a whole. With the money they had to spend this year, I’m just not sure what huge difference makers they realistically could’ve afforded that would push them ahead of the Chiefs.

We need our young, premium draft pick players to progress. Oliver, Epenesa, and Edmunds having breakout years alone could be the difference.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Wait a sec

A lot of people really wanted Dan Arnold. Hollister is just about as good as Arnold. I'm confused why people don't like this move. Ertz would've been nice, sure, but we didn't really need an elite TE. This is the tier of TE I wanted the Bills to sign. Wanna see the number but this is very nice on the surface. Knox isn't terrible. We don't need to completely replace him on offense.

Great points boxcar.  And we don't have boatloads of money to sign the big name guys either.  Hollister is a solid NFL player.  And we are not a TE based offense anyways.  Only so many balls to go around.  Good signing!

• Like (+1) 1