Bills sign TE Jacob Hollister

Wait a sec

A lot of people really wanted Dan Arnold. Hollister is just about as good as Arnold. I'm confused why people don't like this move. Ertz would've been nice, sure, but we didn't really need an elite TE. This is the tier of TE I wanted the Bills to sign. Wanna see the number but this is very nice on the surface. Knox isn't terrible. We don't need to completely replace him on offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I low key think this will be a good signing. Had some good moments in Seattle. Not a game breaker, but no one like that in FA available, nor are we in a position financially to be able to absorb a contract like that for a TE. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think this guy nails it.  I jumped to the conclusion that he was a kroft replacement but this might be more about improving the running game.  Especially the H-back stuff.  And for the record Hollister is a much better receiver then Smith was.  I've seen him make some great catches over the years.

Greg is great. You should check him out at Cover1. I'm less of a fan of Aaron Quinn but Greg really knows his *****, from players around the NFL, how they'd fit on the Bills and very intricate knowledge of the inner workings of the salary cap.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, uninja said:

I low key think this will be a good signing. Had some good moments in Seattle. Not a game breaker, but no one like that in FA available, nor are we in a position financially to be able to absorb a contract like that for a TE. 

you don't think we can take Ertz's contract?

5 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Wait a sec

A lot of people really wanted Dan Arnold. Hollister is just about as good as Arnold. I'm confused why people don't like this move. Ertz would've been nice, sure, but we didn't really need an elite TE. This is the tier of TE I wanted the Bills to sign. Wanna see the number but this is very nice on the surface. Knox isn't terrible. We don't need to completely replace him on offense.

Agreed.  Really like the move.  Watching tape of Allen's junior year Hollister pops big time.  I know he hasn't been a superstar since being in the league, but he has decent hands and brings good athleticism with him.   He also didnt cost a draft pick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1