Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

On 3/25/2021 at 2:42 PM, aristocrat said:

Got Moderna the other day but not gonna be here in New orleans for the second shot so i'm gonna have to figure out if i can get that second shot somewhere in cali or nevada in a few weeks.  anybody done something like this?

Yeah, it's happened.  If you use a site like https://www.vaccinespotter.org you can filter on vaccine type and find who has it

Pro tip: may be better to go through the website of the pharmacies you ID that way - Walmart, Sam's, CVS, Walgreens, and various smaller chains all have.

Make an account and look for appointments ~midnight (Walmart, Sam's) or ~6 am (Walgreens, CVS I think).  Some sites will show you appointments if you move your computer's clock ahead.

Walgreens (at least) lets you select 1st or 2nd dose and it's worked for several people I know.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, it's happened.  If you use a site like https://www.vaccinespotter.org you can filter on vaccine type and find who has it

Pro tip: may be better to go through the website of the pharmacies you ID that way - Walmart, Sam's, CVS, Walgreens, and various smaller chains all have.

Make an account and look for appointments ~midnight (Walmart, Sam's) or ~6 am (Walgreens, CVS I think).  Some sites will show you appointments if you move your computer's clock ahead.

Walgreens (at least) lets you select 1st or 2nd dose and it's worked for several people I know.

very much appreciated 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Got my 2nd vaccine yesterday (Pfizer), slept most of the day today, unaided.

Hoping to get another day of loafing out of it. But seriously, like the first one, feeling crappy from it.

Never felt like this from the flu shot.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Got my 2nd vaccine yesterday (Pfizer), slept most of the day today, unaided.

Hoping to get another day of loafing out of it. But seriously, like the first one, feeling crappy from it.

Never felt like this from the flu shot.

Same for me Egg Man.

I got my second one yesterday at 5PM, all morning I was feeling fine.

Now I ache from head to toe, chills, and headache.

Tomorrow is another day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Same for me Egg Man.

I got my second one yesterday at 5PM, all morning I was feeling fine.

Now I ache from head to toe, chills, and headache.

Tomorrow is another day.

Feeling better but, took two days.

Two days of my hectic life, kaput!

• Like (+1) 2

I got my first dose of the Pfizer shot this morning at a FEMA-run site in my area.

The site is capable of doing 3000 shots a day.....what a well-run site. Very efficient, and did a great job of keeping everybody separated even though there were so many people there. 

If it wasn't for the 15 minute waiting time after the shot, I would have been in and out in 10-12 minutes.

My mother got the 2 doses of the Pfizer shot in February, and didn't have a single side effect, so I hope it goes the same way for me...so far so good!!

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/31/2021 at 12:35 PM, MarkyMannn said:

Wife & I scheduled for Good Friday.  She thinks she is hosting Easter dinner, not sure she will be up for it.  The Pfizer shot

You know what they say - plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I got my second shot on a Friday afternoon and made sure I had nothing on my weekend schedule. As it turned out I had nothing beyond a mildly sore arm so I could do anything I wanted, but I sure didn't want to be obligated to do anything if I was not going to be feeling well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Avenger said:

I got my second shot on a Friday afternoon and made sure I had nothing on my weekend schedule. As it turned out I had nothing beyond a mildly sore arm so I could do anything I wanted, but I sure didn't want to be obligated to do anything if I was not going to be feeling well.

My 2nd one is a Tuesday. I already put in for taking the next day off. 

just in case..

48 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

My 2nd one is a Tuesday. I already put in for taking the next day off. 

just in case..

Hope you feel good and get to enjoy a day off! I was psyched I got my weekend and was not laying around dealing with a headache/fever/body aches - not the end of the world and certainly a small price to pay but I'm happy to skip the discomfort....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Thats what the wife and I did, got our second on a Friday afternoon, ran all the errands we had to do, then prepared to be home all weekend.  Had no side effects. 

• Like (+1) 3

Next Friday (4/9), Johnson & Johnson. 

Wifey was looking for her Mom late this afternoon and wifey was hell bent on getting J&J for her. I think the main rationale was why do two shots if you can just do one. She ended up finding it locally and booked all three of us...at a Stop & Shop. So I have that going for me, which is nice. 

I was in no rush to get it as I'll be working from home for the foreseeable future but I guess no time like the present.

• Like (+1) 2

Well, here we are on Sunday night with no side effects for me!

Aside from the day I got the shot, where my arm felt like someone hit me in the shoulder with a baseball bat, it looks like I came through unscathed. 

However, I believe the chance for side effects is higher after the second shot....am I right on that?

1 hour ago, Special K said:

However, I believe the chance for side effects is higher after the second shot....am I right on that?

That's what I heard to, that the first shot is to get your body to recognize the protein spikes. The second shot is your body saying "Oh hell no, your ass is dead" when it sees the spikes again. 

• Like (+1) 1

I got the first shot today; Pfizer.  

After about 3 hours, my arm started hurting a touch; it's still sore 10 hours later.

No flu like side effects.  

I did it at a CVS and between the stores inefficient setup, and waiting 15 minutes after the shot before they'd let me leave to make sure I had no side effects, I was in there for damn near an hour.

The actual act of getting the shot was less than 30 seconds, including cleaning my arm with an alcohol swab, being asked which arm I wanted, being told to hang my arm at my side and to relax, and then physically getting the shot.

The actual shot didn't hurt in the slightest and was finished in less than 2 seconds I would say.

It was over before it started.  

I'm scheduled for shot 2 in 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.