Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

54 minutes ago, UConn James said:

My first Moderna last month only had my arm sore at the injection spot for a few days.

Different story for the second. Same arm soreness, a little more pronounced because I really felt the needle this time.

The first time’s gal must have been a needle wizard — I kept waiting and then she was like… uhmm, hey, you’re done, you can wait over there for 15 minutes. I literally never felt it.

Last night had serious chills despite being under two winter-level covers. This morning was chills on everything but my feet, which felt like they were on fire, and my head which was hardly less 🔥, especially my ears. Wooziness & unsteady on my feet when I could manage to be out of bed for the necessaries. Really bad headache, and I’ve had migraines all my life so I’m not a headache wimp.

Didn’t want to be taking a Tylenol as there’s recommendations to not take that before the shot… and it may reduce the effectiveness if taking too soon afterward. But reached my limit at about noon because cold packs weren’t doing it. If you have this kind of reaction, that means it’s working, so they say. Feeling better now. Dull remnant of the headache, but feeling well enough to do a couple small repair things and spraypaint some parts. Haven’t eaten anything yet today — well… two mint M&Ms — and still don’t really feel like eating. 

Take the Tylenol.  It will do your immune response no harm. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Talk to your doctor about taking over-the-counter medicine, such as ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin, or antihistamines, for any pain and discomfort you may experience after getting vaccinated. You can take these medications to relieve post-vaccination side effects if you have no other medical reasons that prevent you from taking these medications normally.

There's a J Virology study in mice that showed reduced antibody production with ibuprofen or naproxen (Aleve), so Tylenol may be preferred.

11 hours ago, UConn James said:

My first Moderna last month only had my arm sore at the injection spot for a few days.

Different story for the second. Same arm soreness, a little more pronounced because I really felt the needle this time.

The first time’s gal must have been a needle wizard — I kept waiting and then she was like… uhmm, hey, you’re done, you can wait over there for 15 minutes. I literally never felt it.

Last night had serious chills despite being under two winter-level covers. This morning was chills on everything but my feet, which felt like they were on fire, and my head which was hardly less 🔥, especially my ears. Wooziness & unsteady on my feet when I could manage to be out of bed for the necessaries. Really bad headache, and I’ve had migraines all my life so I’m not a headache wimp.

Didn’t want to be taking a Tylenol as there’s recommendations to not take that before the shot… and it may reduce the effectiveness if taking too soon afterward. But reached my limit at about noon because cold packs weren’t doing it. If you have this kind of reaction, that means it’s working, so they say. Feeling better now. Dull remnant of the headache, but feeling well enough to do a couple small repair things and spraypaint some parts. Haven’t eaten anything yet today — well… two mint M&Ms — and still don’t really feel like eating. 

Please follow up. I hope you feel much better soon -as most have with 2nd Shot repercussions.👍

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Please follow up. I hope you feel much better soon -as most have with 2nd Shot repercussions.👍

Yeah. Started to bounce back yesterday (Saturday) evening. Arm still is sore but able to lift it over shoulder without an audible pain grunt. Feeling all right otherwise. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.