Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

On 4/23/2021 at 10:46 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Has anyone here had covid prior to getting the vaccine? Has anyone here had covid after the vaccine?

I tested positive for antibodies last summer, never felt sick but supposedly that counts.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/25/2021 at 11:16 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Got my second moderna shot yesterday. Ugh. 

felt okay for about 6-7 hours, and then it hit me. Chills, fever, headache, tiredness, nausea, muscle aches. Felt like I had the flu. I pretty much slept on and off for the last 15 hours.  I think I am just breaking through now to feeling better. 

Day-um😲 you’re realizing my biggest fear! Get well soon!

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Day-um😲 you’re realizing my biggest fear! Get well soon!

Thanks! The good news is that I am about back to 90% well about a day and a half out. I hear you though. I am mostly terrified about getting sick at all, and so was pretty worried— but it was tolerable.  I just hope the boosters down the road are a little less harsh. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Thanks! The good news is that I am about back to 90% well about a day and a half out. I hear you though. I am mostly terrified about getting sick at all, and so was pretty worried— but it was tolerable.  I just hope the boosters down the road are a little less harsh. 

Yeah - let's hope the boosters have less side effects - I'd hate to think people might skip needed boosters because they don't want to have to repeat feeling bad for a few days - that would not be helpful into beating back this virus. I get not wanting to feel lousy for a few days, I just hope it doesn't scare people from continuing to cut down on the number of available viral hosts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

Yeah - let's hope the boosters have less side effects - I'd hate to think people might skip needed boosters because they don't want to have to repeat feeling bad for a few days - that would not be helpful into beating back this virus. I get not wanting to feel lousy for a few days, I just hope it doesn't scare people from continuing to cut down on the number of available viral hosts.

I agree. I have become worried already of the state showing a lot of people skipping their second doses.

i am no doctor, but I have to think we are feeling these harsh side effects now due to exposure to this “novel” virus for the first time. Once we get some of these antibodies, it hopefully might produce less of a shock to the system? At least, that is my professional medical belief based on no medical or scientific training or experience! 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. I have become worried already of the state showing a lot of people skipping their second doses.

i am no doctor, but I have to think we are feeling these harsh side effects now due to exposure to this “novel” virus for the first time. Once we get some of these antibodies, it hopefully might produce less of a shock to the system? At least, that is my professional medical belief based on no medical or scientific training or experience! 

My whole perspective on the virus has changed abruptly since ‘Mo 2’. (Side effect😳??) I’m nowhere as giddy as I imagined, though a ‘weight off my shoulders’, to be sure! Now, my eyebrows have figuratively lowered at any and all anti-vaxxers and their boisterous denials. ‘Screw you, ya witless bastards!’ 

I’ll continue to self-distance (Best part of the pandemic), keep a mask nearby for facilities requiring them and being respectful of everyone’s space. But ‘Go Off’ on how invasive this is to your personal rights or screaming it’s a govt. orchestrated plot ‘ yadda yadda’, SHUT TF UP! 

I hope it takes you out😡

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 4/24/2021 at 8:05 PM, The Senator said:

I forget the actual dates, but I was at Erie County Medical Center’s Emergency Room in Spring of 2020, then admitted for observation.  

A couple of days after discharge I got a call from ECMC telling me I was COVID positive.  I was shocked, as I was totally asymptomatic.  I felt fine.

They told me to self-quarantine for 14 days, which I did.  I was subsequently tested at Roswell Park Cancer Center, Buffalo General Hospital, and Harris Hill Physical Rehab Center - all tests were negative.  Buffalo General gave me the Janssen (J&J) 1-shot vaccine last month, with no side effects.

(Roswell will likely swab me again this Tuesday, before they slice my thigh and snake a catheter up my hepatic artery to ablate a tumor.)

Yikes!  That was today, right?  Best of wishes for a speedy recovery. 

On 4/25/2021 at 10:16 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Got my second moderna shot yesterday. Ugh. 

felt okay for about 6-7 hours, and then it hit me. Chills, fever, headache, tiredness, nausea, muscle aches. Felt like I had the flu. I pretty much slept on and off for the last 15 hours.  I think I am just breaking through now to feeling better. 

my kid has Moderna #2 next week.  Concerned because getting knocked down for even a day would be rough with her courseload right now.   Got her roomie booked for Pfizer.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

my kid has Moderna #2 next week.  Concerned because getting knocked down for even a day would be rough with her courseload right now.   Got her roomie booked for Pfizer.  

Good luck to her! Hopefully she won’t get it as bad as me. A few friends of mine had moderna too, and it seemed like 50/50 as to those getting harsher side effects. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have had both of mine (Pfizer).  The strangest part of the first one was still feeling soreness in the injection spot a week later.  For the second shot, the next day I felt achy all over.  The following day I was fine.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Got my second Moderna at lunchtime Friday, Friday night woke up in the middle of the night with bad chills, got up to get a blanket.  I was pretty sick Saturday (body aches, bad chills, no energy - literally felt like I couldn't move, and nausea.)  Last night my fever broke, and was pretty much back to normal today except for a sore neck (which was probably my own fault for sleeping on the couch so much of Saturday.)

Glad I got it done, I hope everyone else who can does so we can get back to "normal" ASAP.

Edited by Captain Caveman
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I finished the shots months ago, with no real effects other than a sore arm for a day with the first one. Last week I went into a mom and pop drug store because my mother forgot/lost her cane. A little place in a strip center, but the line was a mile long to buy a cane? Turns out I was the only one buying anything, the rest were in line for paperwork to get shots. I was told they were giving 6 shots every 2 minutes, which I thought was very encouraging. 

As much of a hassle as that was, it beat me waiting in my car with thousands of people waiting two hours to get my 2nd shot. I’m glad I had gas to wait that long, I didn’t expect that!  It seems long waits like that are history, so good news a there. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.