Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

I got my second Pz shot.  Did a little shopping next door at Traders Joe in 15 minutes after shot and then went home.

Felt a little woozy after I got home and ate lunch so I laid down before work. Was going to get up in half hour and stayed in bed for almost hour and half.

Will see how much this affects me.

Oh and not that Woozy.

586885.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I got my second Pz shot.  Did a little shopping next door at Traders Joe in 15 minutes after shot and then went home.

Felt a little woozy after I got home and ate lunch so I laid down before work. Was going to get up in half hour and stayed in bed for almost hour and half.

Oh and not that Woozy.

586885.jpg

Loved Plastic Man... used to read the comics before/while waiting on my guitar lessons.

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Oh and not that Woozy.

586885.jpg

Lots-O-Sleep was my only thing.. Best Side effect Ever!

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Lots-O-Sleep was my only thing.. Best Side effect Ever!

Chandler, I gotta tell you, sleeping is probably the thing I am best at at this point in my life! 

The wife goes to bed early, I stay up late, and the hours between when she wakes up and I EVENTUALLY get up are full of awesome dreams. No trouble sleeping for me! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Got my second pfizer on Friday morning and man it hit me hard.  Was not expecting it to be that bad.  Friday night was like a full on flu.  Every symptom.  Sat felt so weak and achy.  Had a really bad cough too.  Had to take an inhaler.  Late yesterday, I now have tons of swelling in my armpit from the arm I got my shot.  Looked it up and they say its swollen lymph nodes and could last 1 to 2 weeks.  Really questioning what the heck I just put into my body.  I can't have my arm rest against its side and certainly can't sleep on that side because its so swollen and sore.

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Got my second pfizer on Friday morning and man it hit me hard.  Was not expecting it to be that bad.  Friday night was like a full on flu.  Every symptom.  Sat felt so weak and achy.  Had a really bad cough too.  Had to take an inhaler.  Late yesterday, I now have tons of swelling in my armpit from the arm I got my shot.  Looked it up and they say its swollen lymph nodes and could last 1 to 2 weeks.  Really questioning what the heck I just put into my body.  I can't have my arm rest against its side and certainly can't sleep on that side because its so swollen and sore.

Everyone reacts differently. After my 2nd Moderna I had a day of swollen armpits, a headache, and fatigue. But it went away. It proves it’s working as your body is creating antibodies.

On 4/22/2021 at 12:28 PM, Jauronimo said:

I got my second pfizer shot this morning and my ass is sooooo sore.  The first dose wasn't so bad, just mild tenderness, but this one I can barely sit down LOL.

What does your second vaccine shot have to do with your conjugal prison visits ? :devil:

The wife and sons go for their 2nd Pfizer at 2:00 PM today. I got Pfizer 2.0 on April 21st and was fine that day and the following day until around mid-day when I started feeling a little sluggish. That was it though, just a little tired. By the next morning, I felt as good as new. Hopefully, their side effects will be few, as well. They purposely set up the 2nd shot to align with when the boys were done with their final exams in case they had a rougher go of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Went to the Wegmans near my house after work today.  The people wearing masks far out numbered the people without. I went without, but felt like maybe I should put it on.  (I'll still carry it with me in case there are places that still require it)

• Like (+1) 1

My unofficial "No Mask While Shopping" Experiment ...

Since Wednesday, when the mandate was lifted in NY, I've been to Wegmans, Home Depot, Lowes, Aldi's, and various gas/convivence stores.  No one has stopped me and asked for proof of vaccine.  Still more people wearing a mask versus not.  Home Depot was the only store where I saw employees also going mask less. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2021 at 6:30 PM, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Plenty of family have. No major side effects, I still have many questions.

Consider me part of the 'Control Group'. All experiments should have them.

I don't want to derail this thread, but there are tons of resources available that can answer your questions.

• Agree 1

Had friends over for lunch today. 

13 yr old son just vax'd last week along with his friends.  Kids are super-stoked to start getting together more.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:16 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Good luck to her! Hopefully she won’t get it as bad as me. A few friends of mine had moderna too, and it seemed like 50/50 as to those getting harsher side effects. 

Overall, stats on Moderna harsh side effects aren't nearly that high as 50/50

Kid had a couple days feeling tired, napping a lot but as she said, could just result from spending the preceding week studying super-hard.  Got the shot Weds, felt basically normal by Fri.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Had friends over for lunch today. 

13 yr old son just vax'd last week along with his friends.  Kids are super-stoked to start getting together more.

Overall, stats on Moderna harsh side effects aren't nearly that high as 50/50

Kid had a couple days feeling tired, napping a lot but as she said, could just result from spending the preceding week studying super-hard.  Got the shot Weds, felt basically normal by Fri.

I am not personally aware of anyone I know who had a bad reaction. I’m sure those reports are real, but you tend to hear about what went wrong more that what was no biggie. 

My wife just FaceTimed from Nashville where she is visiting our 7 year old grandson. Those trips have been virtually non-existent and these are years you don’t get back. Like the 13 year old, he’s been pent up in a way that’s not natural. It will take time to feel “normal” again, but our son’s recent wedding and this trip to Nashville have begun the process of bringing family back together. I could not be more pleased! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My first Moderna last month only had my arm sore at the injection spot for a few days.

Different story for the second. Same arm soreness, a little more pronounced because I really felt the needle this time.

The first time’s gal must have been a needle wizard — I kept waiting and then she was like… uhmm, hey, you’re done, you can wait over there for 15 minutes. I literally never felt it.

Last night had serious chills despite being under two winter-level covers. This morning was chills on everything but my feet, which felt like they were on fire, and my head which was hardly less 🔥, especially my ears. Wooziness & unsteady on my feet when I could manage to be out of bed for the necessaries. Really bad headache, and I’ve had migraines all my life so I’m not a headache wimp.

Didn’t want to be taking a Tylenol as there’s recommendations to not take that before the shot… and it may reduce the effectiveness if taking too soon afterward. But reached my limit at about noon because cold packs weren’t doing it. If you have this kind of reaction, that means it’s working, so they say. Feeling better now. Dull remnant of the headache, but feeling well enough to do a couple small repair things and spraypaint some parts. Haven’t eaten anything yet today — well… two mint M&Ms — and still don’t really feel like eating. 

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.