Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Got my first Moderna shot on March 16th, with a little muscle soreness and that's it.

Second shot on April 14th is a different story, first day was fine, second day diarrhea, nausea, fever, muscle aches, 3rd day felt better, 4th and 5th day felt sick again, add in chest cold like symptoms difficulty breathing, today I'm feeling better again. I even got a covid test yesterday just to see if I caught Covid in between shots. People at my church video team tested positive for Covid that I served with.

Damn! Now I’m scared *crap*less! 2nd Moderna vax tomorrow morning. I’ve been looking so forward to being completely free of worry about this pandemic. Now I’m pretty fearful.. Taking the following work days off, expecting the worse..

Best Wishes for a quick, complete recovery! Keep us informed!

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Damn! Now I’m scared *crap*less! 2nd Moderna vax tomorrow morning. I’ve been looking so forward to being completely free of worry about this pandemic. Now I’m pretty fearful.. Taking the following work days off, expecting the worse..

Don't be scared, you will be fine. I'll say a payer you have mild to no symptoms. Let us know your results.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Don't know how the Moderna effects ppl much, I had Pfizer, anyway 2nd was little worse but could manage. Got fevers with 2nd does but not with 1st. Haven't heard much with Moderna besides with 2 ppl. My tattoo artist got Moderna and said he was fine. Just arm soreness. other person said it put em down for a few days.

So hopefully you will be one of those where it doesn't mess u up too bad lol

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Have my first one scheduled for Friday.  Made sure it was Pfizer.

I've known a good chunk of people that already gotten the shot (lots of RNs and older people).  Pfizer just seems to have the least amount of adverse reactions.  Also, for some reason, it seems that people who have routinely gotten the flu shot year after year, their body also seems to handle the shot better.

My dad just completed his two shots.  First one, really nothing.  Second one, felt light headed for a couple days.  Hoping for the same reactions for myself.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Have my first one scheduled for Friday.  Made sure it was Pfizer.

I've known a good chunk of people that already gotten the shot (lots of RNs and older people).  Pfizer just seems to have the least amount of adverse reactions.  Also, for some reason, it seems that people who have routinely gotten the flu shot year after year, their body also seems to handle the shot better.

My dad just completed his two shots.  First one, really nothing.  Second one, felt light headed for a couple days.  Hoping for the same reactions for myself.

I'm mid 60s (which co-incidentally matches when I first became a Bills fan) and have always gotten flu shots every year. The only real reaction I have had to either of the 2 Moderna doses was a slight sore arm. Word of advice - Always get your shots in the arm that you DON'T sleep on! I always sleep on my right shoulder hence I always get my vax in my Left arm!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

I'm mid 60s (which co-incidentally matches when I first became a Bills fan) and have always gotten flu shots every year. The only real reaction I have had to either of the 2 Moderna doses was a slight sore arm. Word of advice - Always get your shots in the arm that you DON'T sleep on! I always sleep on my right shoulder hence I always get my vax in my Left arm!

Good to hear.  Will make sure to keep that in mind.

The flu shot never really bothers, me but this year I did get a bruise from where they did it.  Not a big deal.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/19/2021 at 2:51 PM, Chandler#81 said:

You fully vaccinated now? How are you feeling so far?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

that's an interesting observation @Back2Buff concerning the flu shot.  my wife and i get it yearly because of our jobs, and neither of us had a reaction.  i did have the sore arm, and she was slightly tired, but nothing more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

You fully vaccinated now? How are you feeling so far?

Thanks for inquiring! Yep, got the 2nd stab this a.m.. interestingly, I’m not as ecstatic or feeling liberated as I envisioned. arm is sore but tolerable. Gotta say, I’m dreading tonight/tomorrow. I’m a woos when I’m sick.. 

Focusing on bellying up to a beach bar by Saturday, my ‘2 shot verification card’ firmly in my wallet! Calling the Bills ticket office next week! 

P.S. if I’m not heard from til the weekend, I woosed out again. it’s my MO..🤦‍♂️

Best wishes, all!

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for inquiring! Yep, got the 2nd stab this a.m.. interestingly, I’m not as ecstatic or feeling liberated as I envisioned. arm is sore but tolerable. Gotta say, I’m dreading tonight/tomorrow. I’m a woos when I’m sick.. 

Focusing on bellying up to a beach bar by Saturday, my ‘2 shot verification card’ firmly in my wallet! Calling the Bills ticket office next week! 

P.S. if I’m not heard from til the weekend, I woosed out again. it’s my MO..🤦‍♂️

Best wishes, all!

Keep in mind that it is estimated to take a couple weeks for the 2nd dose to take full effect. Even then you do NOT become invincible to the virus. It just means that the odds greatly increase that you will NOT get seriously ill and/or die from becoming infected. There is a difference!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

Keep in mind that it is estimated to take a couple weeks for the 2nd dose to take full effect. Even then you do NOT become invincible to the virus. It just means that the odds greatly increase that you will NOT get seriously ill and/or die from becoming infected. There is a difference!

Wasn't sure to put this in PPP or here but this is really good news.

EzdknpjXEAA__Uh?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, teef said:

that's an interesting observation @Back2Buff concerning the flu shot.  my wife and i get it yearly because of our jobs, and neither of us had a reaction.  i did have the sore arm, and she was slightly tired, but nothing more than that.

Ever consider that's the emotional 'wear and tear' that comes from living with you? 🤔

😉😁

AstraZeneca first shot was administered to me two days ago.  Sore right arm, nothing else so far.  I did delay my weekly infusion of an immune system booster by one day, just to give everything time to shake out. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

My new FB profile pic. 

Funny how ‘they’ knew... We didn’t take George Orwell seriously enough..

pic is painting of me by a very talented, Canadian friend of mine-who’s currently freaking out over the foot of snow that fell last night. 🤣BWAHAHAHAHAHA !

Been 28+ hours since ‘Mo-2’. Feeling like a million buck$! -which don’t mean squat these days..

B7698C0E-7654-4AC5-B852-6176155F4D58.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Got my second moderna jab around 12:30pm today....this suspense is killin me!! 😆 

Arm seems to be getting sore quicker this time. Other than that, nothing else yet...

Buck up, Soldier! 😉

it’s been more than a day and a half for me. Pretty sure I’m outta the woods..

Best wishes

• Like (+1) 1

Slept solid last night from 11-5:30, felt a little warm at times, but no elevated temp.

Slightly groggy this morning, and a very very mild tickle in my throat. But all in all, I feel fine.

I think I had more of a reaction to the first shot, honestly. And that was still very mild as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Got Pfizer Round 2 early yesterday afternoon. So far, so good outside of a slightly sore left arm. We'll see if that's it. Fingers crossed. My wife and two sons all have appointments for Round 1 this coming Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.