Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

I got first shot on Wednesday...No effects. not even sore arm.  I am lucky.

Better half got her second Pfizer shot on Thursday and no effects other than sore arm.

Daughter got her first Pfizer on Thursday and no effects reported

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Update for my Pfizer.... feel fine today. Body aches and tired/weak feeling only lasted one day for me. Wasn't bad though. Just basically had to take it easy yesterday. 

Same here, arm much better and my fatigue from yesterday also seems to be better—all in all thumbs up. 

• Like (+1) 3

I am now fully vaccinated! 

It’s pretty amazing that barely a year after the pandemic started, we have vaccines in our arms already.

I am so grateful to all the people who worked long, grueling hours round the clock to design + produce these vaccines in record time!

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am now fully vaccinated! 

It’s pretty amazing that barely a year after the pandemic started, we have vaccines in our arms already.

I am so grateful to all the people who worked long, grueling hours round the clock to design + produce these vaccines in record time!

Amen to that. My brother is a scientist and just about everybody in the science community was doing something related to covid - amazing how many folks were working this around the world.

Having had my second shot doesn't mean I'm going to run around like this thing isn't still going on - that doesn't change until this thing actually really disappears, but I have to say, the lifting of the mental weight is HUGE. I know I could still get sick and my family could still get sick but knowing that even if we did the chances of us getting it really bad and dying are miniscule is an incredible relief. As a dad I never really though about keeping my kids alive on a daily basis, but I certainly have. Not since frontier days when dads had to make sure nobody got eaten by a bear have dads felt like this! I much prefer being a modern dad not worrying about such things!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Amen to that. My brother is a scientist and just about everybody in the science community was doing something related to covid - amazing how many folks were working this around the world.

Having had my second shot doesn't mean I'm going to run around like this thing isn't still going on - that doesn't change until this thing actually really disappears, but I have to say, the lifting of the mental weight is HUGE. I know I could still get sick and my family could still get sick but knowing that even if we did the chances of us getting it really bad and dying are miniscule is an incredible relief. As a dad I never really though about keeping my kids alive on a daily basis, but I certainly have. Not since frontier days when dads had to make sure nobody got eaten by a bear have dads felt like this! I much prefer being a modern dad not worrying about such things!

Despite all of our differences, I still cling on to a bit of hope that when ***** hits the fan we, as a nation and a species can still manage to work together for the greater good. 

• Like (+1) 3

It’s been about 30 hours since my 2nd dose (Pfizer) and it really hasn’t been too bad at all.

I definitely have a very sore arm/shoulder.

I was a little tired during the day yesterday, maybe felt a bit hot/cold for brief moments, and then I did have a pretty restless night of sleep (up every couple hours).

I did/do also have a headache but I don’t know if it’s from the vaccine or not.

Edit - well.... I jinxed myself. 😂

About 30mins after I posted this I started to feel run down/exhausted and my body + especially legs started feeling achy. It’s intensified over the last hour or so. My headache is worse and I kind of feel like I’m getting the flu.

Still nothing all that bad. Definitely nothing that would deter me from getting the vaccine, but I feel like I’m having some type of immune response, which is actually fine by me because I figure it means my body is producing covid antibodies to protect me!
I’m weird. Having a reaction has actually eased my mind a bit😁

edit 2- feeling way better today. I’m Back to normal.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Looking forward to getting my 2nd dose in 2 weeks... It's good to see what others who have already gotten their 2nd doses are experiencing... 

Wasn't really different from my first dose here.  Sore arm for a couple days, felt really draggy the next day.  Pfizer.

I did drive 400 miles/6 hrs RT for the jab, so that may have been part of the next-day fatigue though normally not that tired from a drive.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife and I got our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Side effects are similar to those of a flu shot: sore arm, general aches, and overall blah feeling, but nothing major.

A friend shared this article with me - an interesting account of the scientist whose research led to many vaccines, including the Covid-19 vaccines:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/16/us/katalin-kariko-covid-19-vaccine-scientist-trnd/index.html

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

Got my 2nd Moderna shot in the early afternoon on Friday and experienced almost the exact same minor symptoms as the first one.  Sore arm at injection shot that started about six hours after shot and lasted about two days.  Woke up Saturday and Sunday morning with a light headache exactly like the first one.  Gone after taking tylenol.  A little more tired than usual.  Nothing severe.  The only thing different was my eyes got itchy shortly after the shot but that might have to do with allergies more than any side effect of the vaccine. 

Glad this is over with and I look forward to us getting back to our disgusting societal hygiene habits in the near future.

• Like (+1) 3

Lot of guys at work were nervous about it so I told them I'd be the guinea pig. Got my first one mid-late January.  Second dose early-mid February.

Had some neck pain after the first one which subsided after 48 hours or so.  Had pain in every joint and almost a pressure-like sensation in my head for about 24 hours after the second.  And a little red bump at the injection site that lasted a few weeks.

Wifey still isn't eligible but she feels a little better now, as I'm the one who comes into contact with people all the time.  I tested positive for antibodies last summer but idk if we really know how well those hold up.

Edited by LeviF91
Words
  • Like (+1) 2

Got my 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday at precisely 1:10pm.  I wanted to wait till at least 24 hours later to post an update.  I'm happy - and very surprised - to report that I have encountered ZERO side effects.  I don't count a sore arm, because that happens with any shot.  This soreness is equal to the soreness of shot one, which was minimal.

I hope everyone getting vaxxed has the same luck I did.

Peace!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Got my 2nd Pfizer jab yesterday at precisely 1:10pm.  I wanted to wait till at least 24 hours later to post an update.  I'm happy - and very surprised - to report that I have encountered ZERO side effects.  I don't count a sore arm, because that happens with any shot.  This soreness is equal to the soreness of shot one, which was minimal.

I hope everyone getting vaxxed has the same luck I did.

Peace!

Glad all went well

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.