Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

31 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Got second Moderna today. An hour later my face felt a bit numb like mild novacane. Now I fell a bit warm. My wife got second Pfizer yesterday but just had slight headache today.

I hope you feel better very soon!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Everything I have heard/read suggests that the 2nd Jab tends to provoke more side effects than the 1st Jab does... One side note about the card they give you though, I really think they could have condensed it a bit more so it is more credit card sized... Or is it meant to be folded in half?

Edited by DefenseWins

On 3/19/2021 at 6:28 PM, Success said:

I was SO close - but ended up getting COVID toward the very end here. Isn't that always the way?

I wish I could testify for the nation.  I know some get it mild & some don't even feel it, but mine was 3+ weeks of pure misery.  I thought I'd never be happy or feel good again.

Get that vaccine, people.

Hate that for you—but glad you pulled through. Any lingering effects still? And is it recommended that you still also get the vaccine for future exposure (after your antibodies wear off)?

21 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

One side note about the card they give you though, I really think they could have condensed it a bit more so it is more credit card sized... Or is it meant to be folded in half?

Pry so old people can read it.  I agree though.  It would be nice just to keep it in my wallet.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Everything I have heard/read suggests that the 2nd Jab tends to provoke more side effects than the 1st Jab does... One side note about the card they give you though, I really think they could have condensed it a bit more so it is more credit card sized... Or is it meant to be folded in half?

They have to make it large enough to write on and for you to sign.

2 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

Got second Moderna today. An hour later my face felt a bit numb like mild novacane. Now I fell a bit warm. My wife got second Pfizer yesterday but just had slight headache today.

I also got the Pfizer yesterday morning. Body aches and feel exhausted and weak today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

• Like (+1) 1

I got the first Pfizer dose on January 22nd...second dose on February 10th.  

The first dose made me really tired...really, really tired.  I slept about 12 hours straight the night I got it (normally I am lucky to get more than 5 hours of sleep), and I had really wild, vivid dreams.

Second dose was very uneventful.  No after-affects.  I realize, that seems contrary to what most have experienced.

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Got Moderna the other day but not gonna be here in New orleans for the second shot so i'm gonna have to figure out if i can get that second shot somewhere in cali or nevada in a few weeks.  anybody done something like this?

I know one person who got their first dose in Buffalo, and was able to get their second in Florida (St. Pete).

You probably already know this, but be sure to get Moderna for your second dose too!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Got Moderna the other day but not gonna be here in New orleans for the second shot so i'm gonna have to figure out if i can get that second shot somewhere in cali or nevada in a few weeks.  anybody done something like this?

Where did you get the shot? @Mr Info got his first shot at a CVS (I think?) in Texas and then was able to get 2nd shot through CVS back in Virginia. I guess the national chain has advantages! Not sure how the scheduling works. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Where did you get the shot? @Mr Info got his first shot at a CVS (I think?) in Texas and then was able to get 2nd shot through CVS back in Virginia. I guess the national chain has advantages! Not sure how the scheduling works. 

Got it through lcmc hospital down here monday. so according to what i've read i have to get the shot between the 19th and around may 2 for it to be effective. but i actually just found out i might have to fly back here to new orleans on the 23rd of april for business so i might be ok.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yes, I was able to do that scheduling through CVS. You may even be able to use CVS for the 2nd shot even if they did not administer the 1st one. I just looked in CVS and CA is nearly booked but North LV in NV is available. https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine

note: I could not re-schedule on CVS more than 2 weeks in advance of my 2nd shot. 

Edited by Mr Info
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Felt a little hot/cold last night after first moderna dose but nothing too extreme.  I did briefly get the chills when I went to bed. I guess I never truly experienced that before, without actually being cold. 

Second shot scheduled for April.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hate that for you—but glad you pulled through. Any lingering effects still? And is it recommended that you still also get the vaccine for future exposure (after your antibodies wear off)?

Thanks - I feel pretty lucky.  I actually felt amazing after it ended.  It's kind of strange, but I've had more energy than I've felt in years.  

One kind of bogus development - I've had tinnitus in one ear, which I guess has happened w/ some people.  It's probably temporary, but I'm already used to it.  If that's the worst thing, I'll take it. I've heard stories about some of the "long haulers" and I'm glad that nothing else seems to be lingering.

From everything I've read (and my doc), I should definitely still get the vaccine, after a few months go by.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Success said:

Thanks - I feel pretty lucky.  I actually felt amazing after it ended.  It's kind of strange, but I've had more energy than I've felt in years.  

One kind of bogus development - I've had tinnitus in one ear, which I guess has happened w/ some people.  It's probably temporary, but I'm already used to it.  If that's the worst thing, I'll take it. I've heard stories about some of the "long haulers" and I'm glad that nothing else seems to be lingering.

From everything I've read (and my doc), I should definitely still get the vaccine, after a few months go by.  

Tinnitus is nothing to fool with. Make sure your doctor is aware. It can be horrible!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Update for my Pfizer.... feel fine today. Body aches and tired/weak feeling only lasted one day for me. Wasn't bad though. Just basically had to take it easy yesterday. 

Was this shot 1 or 2?  I'm getting #2 on Sunday and hoping the side effects aren't horrible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.