Getting my 1st Covid vaccination Tuesday

Chandler#81

I’ve been eligible from nearly the start because of my age, but uh.. my State hasn’t been very good about distribution. My 87 year old parents finally got their 1st vac 10 days ago..

Anyway, I’m glad to get it. Daughter & Grandies are coming for Easter. Haven’t seen or hugged them in over a year. 

Anyone else care to share if they’ve received a dose?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just made an appointment last week and May 2nd was first date available so I took it. I still look most every day for earlier dates, but so far nada.

My mother has gotten both her shots and my father got his first shot Wednesday. Since they're both in their 80's I'm happy about that.

• Like (+1) 2

My wife is a kitchen manager for school so she got her first in late January and 2nd in early February.

I know my customer will require shots before going back to work and since I work afterhours I know from experience that afterhours are not in plans I am not getting shot until required to so I can work from home.  I have prior lung damage from college so I am very vulnerable to it so would rather be at home quarantined than at work taking chances.

I also have had performance rating at work rated as highest possible so hoping I can get telecommute allowed when we are in Phase III.

US recipients are lucky for some of the vaccines have had nasty effects overseas.  My BIL works at a hospital.

• Like (+1) 1

Got two days of laying around doing nothing claiming I was so tired from 1st shot two weeks ago.

Might go for the headache and tired two day vacation again after next weeks follow up shot.

Got it for grandkids, kids and to schedule a postponed surgery due to the outbreak, that will keep me in the hospital 3-4 days. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Got the 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday at the Delta Museum by the Atlanta airport. The first shot was at a fairground and had hundreds of cars. Yesterday was THOUSANDS of cars! It took me 2 hours to get to the front of the line and get the shot (with an “appointment”).

No side effects for us, although my wife’s was feeling sick and jittery last night. Today she admits it may have been a sugar rush as she broke into supplies for guest’s goody bags at our son’s wedding and knocked out a mountain of jelly beans. They went in the trash as she couldn’t control herself!   :)

The first shot hurt, so I was a bit concerned. Turns out the guy in military garb giving the shot just didn’t know what he was doing. I got an actual nurse yesterday and didn’t feel a thing. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was SO close - but ended up getting COVID toward the very end here. Isn't that always the way?

I wish I could testify for the nation.  I know some get it mild & some don't even feel it, but mine was 3+ weeks of pure misery.  I thought I'd never be happy or feel good again.

Get that vaccine, people.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Got my 1st Pfizer dose on 3/7 at 2:30pm.  Felt great the rest of the day and through the night.  Monday I woke up, felt a little tired.  By the time I got to work, I knew I wasn't gonna make it a full day.  Just fatigue.  No discomfort or sickness at all.  Got home at 3pm and took a few hour nap.  Back in bed by 10:30 for a good nights sleep and felt like a million bucks the next morning.  Couldn't even feel any discomfort in my arm where the needle went in.

Second shot is the 28th.

I live in Warren County, NY, which is in the North Country.  At first, the only shots available were a couple hours north of us in Plattsburgh.  But since the first week in March, they are widely available.  The local mall in Glens Falls actually had the National Guard set up a vax clinic today and it is massive.

I feel bad for @Chandler#81 and @flaz having to wait so long.  Totally unnecessary.

Good luck to all of you choosing to get vaxxed.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Success said:

I was SO close - but ended up getting COVID toward the very end here. Isn't that always the way?

I wish I could testify for the nation.  I know some get it mild & some don't even feel it, but mine was 3+ weeks of pure misery.  I thought I'd never be happy or feel good again.

Get that vaccine, people.

Thank God that you are better. Be well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Not often I get to say this here but here goes.  I'm too young.  

#metoo

I'm curious whether anyone cares which vaccine they get. And if so why. 

Personally I'm not in a rush to get vaccinated.  But very happy that my mom is only a few weeks away from the second dose (Moderna). 

• Like (+1) 1

Moderna. First shot at the end of January (Texas priority 1B), no aftereffects at all. Second shot at the end of February; no fever, but some muscle pain, not only at the injection site. Played it up a bit, to avoid yard work for the weekend. Then wifey asked if I, instead of doing yard work, could help her a bit with her NIH grant. So, instead of 4-6 hours yard work, I spent 12+ hours proofreading, editing, and making diagrams.

Edited by DrW
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve been eligible from nearly the start because of my age, but uh.. my State hasn’t been very good about distribution. My 87 year old parents finally got their 1st vac 10 days ago..

Anyway, I’m glad to get it. Daughter & Grandies are coming for Easter. Haven’t seen or hugged them in over a year. 

Anyone else care to share if they’ve received a dose?

We were excited to have it because our son gets married (again, but bigger and public) on April 30 in Asheville, NC. Had a tiny church wedding back in August with almost exclusively immediate family.  This time they can have bridesmaids, groomsmen, etc. along with their close friends.

Fortunately, all the people concerned about the vaccine will have it by then. What a difference a few months make!   

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

#metoo

I'm curious whether anyone cares which vaccine they get. And if so why. 

Personally I'm not in a rush to get vaccinated.  But very happy that my mom is only a few weeks away from the second dose (Moderna). 

Wifee got the 1 single shot J&J TODAY -quite by luck. She was at Winn Dixie where they had a place set up. The lady asked if she has an appointment. Wife said ‘no, gotta get on line and make mine’. Lady said “I have 4 left. Sit down!l 🤣 Wonderful!

I’m getting the Moderna 1st shot Tuesday cuz that’s what was offered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.