Bears interested in Isaiah McKenzie

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We'll see what the Bears and others offer him.

Would be nice if he decided to stay and make another run at Championship instead. The money talks though in most situations.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Makes me wonder if the Bills are eyeing a player in the draft with excellent return skills. 

Great point, but there’s also part of me that thinks our roster is too good to put a rookie out there returning kicks. You never know how a guy is going to react at this level. There’s something about that position that make rookies scare me. The importance of kick returns have diminished due to rule changes, and you’re most likely to notice the returner only when he makes a mistake. Rookies tend to make a lot of them, I’d hate to lose a game that way. 

12 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Would be nice if he decided to stay and make another run at Championship instead. The money talks though in most situations.

I think it may be a situation where the Bills are wanting to leave space for a rookie and have told him that if they bring him back, it will be to compete.

He deserves a shot to get paid.

I won’t judge him if Chi is willing to give him a solid payday and a solid spot in the offense for snaps and playing time. He was an excellent example of the Bills FO bringing people here to be the best version of themselves.  

He busted out of Denver, came here and really shined on his limited role. I would cheer him on if he parlayed that into a good contract that set his family up for life. 

Hope you stay iMac, but you gotta do what’s right for your family and your future. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Especially for him though, he’s worked really hard on dirt cheap contracts. This could be the only opportunity to cash in for multi millions. If he came back on the cheap and had a bad injury he might never see a decent payday (in nfl standards) 

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it may be a situation where the Bills are wanting to leave space for a rookie and have told him that if they bring him back, it will be to compete.

He deserves a shot to get paid.

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Especially for him though, he’s worked really hard on dirt cheap contracts. This could be the only opportunity to cash in for multi millions. If he came back on the cheap and had a bad injury he might never see a decent payday (in nfl standards) 

Yup, can't argue that. He really stepped his game up and was impressive. Hope he stays, but definitely can understand him getting paid.

McKenzie can stay put, make a lot of money, and have a lot of fun as a productive part of a winning team.

Or he can move, make a little more money, and watch his career crash and burn when the Chicago QB can't throw passes to him in stride.  So many players leave a situation where they just fit right to chase dollars where they don't fit. 

I like him as a member of the Bills and I hope he stays. 

• Like (+1) 2

McKenzie has made it pretty clear he would like to come back... I just don’t think we’ve offered him that opportunity yet. 

We’re looking to do something different. 

Edited by JGMcD2

18 minutes ago, Utah John said:

McKenzie can stay put, make a lot of money, and have a lot of fun as a productive part of a winning team.

Or he can move, make a little more money, and watch his career crash and burn when the Chicago QB can't throw passes to him in stride.  So many players leave a situation where they just fit right to chase dollars where they don't fit. 

I like him as a member of the Bills and I hope he stays. 

Yup agreed, but as others have stated.....He has worked his ass off and improved a lot. So basically depends on where his mind is with it. He has earned more $$ for sure. So can understand if he goes that route. 

But speaking for myself I hope he stays.

14 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

McKenzie has made it pretty clear he would like to come back... I just don’t think we’ve offered him that opportunity yet. 

We’re looking to do something different. 

If they haven't for some reason, I would imagine they will any time. At least I would hope so. Unless they have other plans for his replacement. We'll see soon enough.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Especially for guys like McKenzie.  He's never going to make elite receiver money, so a half million here or there is a big deal to him...as it would be for most of us.

Wasn't there a rumor that the Bills were interested in Cordarelle Patterson?

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1