Geno Atkins anyone? He was cut

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

If we plan to continue with heavily rotating our d-line, then we need a legitimate backup 3T.

Star, Butler, and Harry are all 1Ts. 

If Atkins is willing to take what the Bills could afford to offer — and maybe after playing in a bad team his whole career, he’s ready to chase a ring — then he’d be a fantastic addition.

Whether it’s Atkins or not, the Bills are going to need to add a 3T at some point.

I think you're right they'll be looking at another 3-tech, but they played Butler at both 1-tech and 3-tech. I thought he looked pretty solid at 3-tech sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Oh man, I've always wished he was a Bill. Haven't paid much attention to his play and whatnot lately though, as with many players. Kinda stopped having as much interest in other teams/players the last year or 2 and only focusing on Bills.

But always wanted him in a Bills uni for sure.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Exactly! Ed needs as many snaps as possible at 3 tech.

And never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever play him at 1 tech again!!!

Tell us what your really think.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

If we plan to continue with heavily rotating our d-line, then we need a legitimate backup 3T.

Star, Butler, and Harry are all 1Ts. 

If Atkins is willing to take what the Bills could afford to offer — and maybe after playing in a bad team his whole career, he’s ready to chase a ring — then he’d be a fantastic addition.

Whether it’s Atkins or not, the Bills are going to need to add a 3T at some point.

No, Sir.  Vernon Butler's natural position is 3TDT.

He played 1TDT at times last season, as did Ed, because they asked him "pretty pretty please" but it's not what he was signed for - they expected him to replace Jordan Phillips rotating opposite Big Ed.

Pretty sure Zimmer's best fit is also 3TDT

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, Sir.  Vernon Butler's natural position is 3TDT.

He played 1TDT at times last season, as did Ed, because they asked him "pretty pretty please" but it's not what he was signed for - they expected him to replace Jordan Phillips rotating opposite Big Ed.

Pretty sure Zimmer's best fit is also 3TDT

I totally forgot about Zimmer! 

Dude was balling out at times last year.

Watching him chase Tyreek Hill 50 yards downfield was an out of body experience.

• Agree 1

can he play/has he played DE.  I know sometimes DE and 3 techs play both.  Not sure if he's done that.  

If he comes cheap, he'd be a great rotation for Oliver.  Imagine facing Oliver then Atkins, then Oliver, then Atkins.  Like no break for the OL.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

can he play/has he played DE.  I know sometimes DE and 3 techs play both.  Not sure if he's done that.  

If he comes cheap, he'd be a great rotation for Oliver.  Imagine facing Oliver then Atkins, then Oliver, then Atkins.  Like no break for the OL.  

That's supposed to be Big Vern's job.  Big Vern/Oliver/Big Vern/Oliver no break for the OL

On 3/19/2021 at 1:11 PM, WMDman said:

I’d prefer Dunlap at this point

I’m glad that you brought Dunlap up because if you didn’t I was gonna. Talking about continuity, if we were to sign both do you think that that would be an enticement to both those players, seeing that they played an awful lot of ball together and they be real in sync with each other, kind of like Hyde and Poyer in a mild comparison.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/19/2021 at 12:33 PM, uninja said:

We need edge and maybe another 1 tech draft pick to back up Star and Harry. Zimmer has potential but still a wildcard. 

Atkins is a good player, but we don’t need another 3 tech DT. He’s be a bad scheme fit and would cost too much. Look at what happened last year, we tied up crazy money in the line and because of Star’s opt out and Harry coming back from injury more slowly than expected it had ripple effects.

If we were to bring Atkins in & he still had similar abilities, his presence & the attention he would receive would open up outside pass rushing lanes for our current greatest position of need, edge rusher. This would enhance the abilities of Addison & Hughes while helping to accomplish McDermotts stated goal of getting better than the Chiefs. I would imagine he would also contribute to defending what the Patriots are attempting to build in their rushing game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1