Will Christian Wade make the Bills' final 53 in 2021?

Shaw66

Will Christian Wade make the Bills 53 in 2021?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances Christian Wade makes the Bills' final 53 in 2021?

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Do you really think the game is so simple that it can be easily learned, from scratch, at the professional level, in just a couple seasons? Really?

A total guy of the street no.  But,  If you're 100% focused on it and already have a similar athletic background (rugby for Wade).  Also, there are examples of guys coming to US in High School and then getting big D1 offers only playing 1-2 years.  

It would be fun to see what he can do....but, I suspect the wear and tear of the hits are to much.  Preseason will tell.  If the Bills got a roster exemption in the regular season for him, I would favor giving him a shot.  Jacksonville becones.....as the London games will need a local fav to sell out.  He fits that bill.

He seems like a nice kid.  I don’t think he makes it, like Jasper, and others, but I’ll root for him.  I really want to be wrong.  The kid has grit.  It’s not like the team doesn’t want him.  Sounds silly, but they put him in their little promo song for 12 days Xmas.  A little thing, but that tells me they really want him to win.  It’s just such a hard leap to get American football in two years.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, benderbender said:

There has to be a reason he’s been occupying a PS spot. McBeane and Co don’t seem to be the type to make a meaningless roster move. With as much as everyone is sucking down the process, I think there’s a plan for him.

He wasn't occupying a PS spot.  He is part of a special NFL program to introduce athletes to football.  Bills essentially had an extra PS spot for him, but the Bills couldn't activate him like other guys on the practice squad.   He was more like an intern, following the players around and trying to play the game.   

9 hours ago, Rhode Island Red said:

For purposes of this poll, I choose to be as optimistic as possible!

He’s talented out the wazoo, an exemplary teammate, and a great breakfast emcee; how can he miss?!

besides, if he does put it all together I want to be on the list of those that said he would…fatalism be d@@@ed...

If he was 'football' talented out the wazoo, he'd be playing. He's not.

36 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

He wasn't occupying a PS spot.  He is part of a special NFL program to introduce athletes to football.  Bills essentially had an extra PS spot for him, but the Bills couldn't activate him like other guys on the practice squad.   He was more like an intern, following the players around and trying to play the game.   

I understand that it was an extra spot, but it still doesn’t follow their m.o. If there was no smoke and no fire, I’d think that they’d clap him on the back last year and say “thanks for hanging out,” and wish him cheerio on his trip back over the pond instead of stringing him along. That’s all. I am biased, I’ll admit. I like his personality and appreciate the chance he’s taking with his career.  I’m rooting for him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1